Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wipers turn on automatically and won't stop???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wipers turn on automatically and won't stop???

So I was driving to work today and my wipers just turned on automatically and wouldn't shut off no matter what I did. Even when turning the car off, when I turn it back on the wipers automatically start again no matter what position the wiper control arm is in. It was really cold this morning (around 25 degrees), but I can't think of anything else that would affect this. Is a fuse going bad or my wiper motors? Please help!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Time to get out your soldering gun man

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/in...s-how-fix.html
Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:07 AM

Wow that probably it. Thanks so much!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Def it!!! It's a bit of a PITA/Tedious but take your time and it'll get done
Old Mar 11, 2011, 04:38 AM

So after sodering a few of the corroded connections, the problem started up again yesterday (it was raining pretty bad) with the wipers going and not stopping. This time after about 10 minutes of the wipers not stopping, they stopped, but now I cannot use my wipers at all. My windsheild fluid sprayers don't work either. When I have the car off and try to move the wipers, I hear a whiny sound from under the hood. Did my wiper motors go bad?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Did you solder all of the wires in the connectors?

If not do so. If so recheck your work. If issue is occuring after raining water is still getting to the wiring
Old May 2, 2011, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

This problem just started for me this morning. On my way into work I turned on the wipers for a second and then they wouldn't turn off. Then as I was driving home they randomly turned on and wouldn't turn off / didn't turn off until I pulled into my driveway 30 minutes later. Slightly embarrassing to be sitting in rush hour traffic with the wipers going an no rain. I even turn off my car at a stop light a few times, and they just kept going when I turned my car back on.

I checked all the wiring down under that kick panel and everything looks clean and corrosion free. I looked at the back of the connecters connected to the plastic bracket. There was no sign of water getting in there at all.

I'm not sure what else to look at, at this point...any ideas would be great. For now I've just pulled the wiper fuse.
Old May 3, 2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chukee_R
This problem just started for me this morning. On my way into work I turned on the wipers for a second and then they wouldn't turn off. Then as I was driving home they randomly turned on and wouldn't turn off / didn't turn off until I pulled into my driveway 30 minutes later. Slightly embarrassing to be sitting in rush hour traffic with the wipers going an no rain. I even turn off my car at a stop light a few times, and they just kept going when I turned my car back on.

I checked all the wiring down under that kick panel and everything looks clean and corrosion free. I looked at the back of the connecters connected to the plastic bracket. There was no sign of water getting in there at all.

I'm not sure what else to look at, at this point...any ideas would be great. For now I've just pulled the wiper fuse.
I had the exact same problem. For me, it was the bottom most connector in the kick panel. Did you check the back of the connector? That's where it was really corroded for me, I didn't see much from the front side. I hard sodered all the connections for that connector and plugged up the hole real good at the top of those wires and the problem went away for me. Hope this helps!
Old May 5, 2011, 06:39 PM

Sucks had the same problem mine was a loose connector