Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ACD fluid leaking

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2011, 01:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ACD fluid leaking

Well I am having ACD fluid leak from right in front of the driver side tire. It drains the whole reservoir in about a week or two. Any idea where the leak could be coming from? The fluid is everywhere in that area so I cant really pinpoint it. Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

Clean all the fluid off with some degreaser then fill it back up then you can see where the leak is coming from. Hopefully its one of the hoses or the seal from the reservoir. Hopefully its not the pump.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 01:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbotalawd
Clean all the fluid off with some degreaser then fill it back up then you can see where the leak is coming from. Hopefully its one of the hoses or the seal from the reservoir. Hopefully its not the pump.
Yeah im probably going to do that tomorrow. It looks like its greasy all the way to the bottom of the reservoir so im thinking it might be a crack in the hoses but not too sure. What seal do you speak of?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 01:54 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry bout that. I meant check how the hoses seal from the pump to the reservoir. If you said its leaking from the top, maybe it was excess from overfilling. If not, then check the reservoir for cracks.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 02:02 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry bout that. I meant check how the hoses seal from the pump to the reservoir. If you said its leaking from the top, maybe it was excess from overfilling. If not, then check the reservoir for cracks.
Yeah its leaking from the bottom of the reservoir itself. If I remove the reservoir do I have to bleed it since I am introducing air into the system? If so would you happen to know where a procedure is located for this?
Old Oct 2, 2011, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

I would bleed it just to make sure there is no air in the system. You need two people. One underneath the car working the acd bleeder screw on the transfer case, and one to turn the ignition to the on position (dont start the car). When the ignition is turned on, you need to open the bleeder screw because the pump will cycle fluid. Once fluid comes out, you need to close the bleeder screw. Repeat this process until no air comes out.

Btw, you need to open the bleeder screw a decent amount to let the fluid come out.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

I would bleed it just to make sure there is no air in the system. You need two people. One underneath the car working the acd bleeder screw on the transfer case, and one to turn the ignition to the on position (dont start the car). When the ignition is turned on, you need to open the bleeder screw because the pump will cycle fluid. Once fluid comes out, you need to close the bleeder screw. Repeat this process until no air comes out.

Btw, you need to open the bleeder screw a decent amount to let the fluid come out.
So I just turn the ignition to the on position to cycle the acd pump and immediately open the screw and let fluid out then close it? Or do I have to wait until I hear the pump turn on?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:59 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
make sure the alternator doesnt get hit with any fluid or youll short it out and have to replace it like i did lol!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by italianpryd91
make sure the alternator doesnt get hit with any fluid or youll short it out and have to replace it like i did lol!
thanks for letting me know!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:01 PM
Account Disabled

no problem man good luck
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

What are you talking about? The alternator is nowhere near any acd stuff Go learn about evos or post something useful when trying to get your post count up.

OP: Have someone turn the key on and when you hear the pump go off loosen the bleeder screw.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:15 PM
Account Disabled

was just stating a warning saying becareful cause i split the fluid on my alternator when working on the car... so many disrespectful people here damn.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:18 PM
Evolved Member

was just stating a warning saying becareful cause i split the fluid on my alternator when working on the car... so many disrespectful people here damn.
Sorry just cant imagine how you spilled acd fluid on the alternator.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:26 PM
Account Disabled

idk man i must be retarted or something.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

idk man i must be retarted or something.
Welcome to my sig.