Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

S-AWC Service Required Light, EvoScan shows no codes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S-AWC Service Required Light, EvoScan shows no codes

Just like the title says. I had an issue with the light a few months ago during the winter but it eventually "fixed itself" with a little help from my Mitsu tech friend. It reared it's ugly head about a month ago and I finally got around to taking it to him to check with his EvoScan cable instead of shelling out $100 for a stealership to just pull the code (since I figure it's the pump anyway)...

Lo and behold, EvoScan shows no codes in the system? With the S-AWC Service light staring us right in the face. He was flummoxed and so am I. I'm gonna bite the bullet and haul her in to the dealership tomorrow; I figure a MUTIII tool will get to the bottom of it one way or another.

Just curious if any of you have ever encountered an issue where a code/light was being displayed but a diagnostic tool like EvoScan didn't find any codes in the ECU? Vehicle is an '08 GSR on what (I assume) is a factory tune. My friend uses the tool all the time on his RR 08 Evo X so I know its not the cable or a bad connection or anything.