Notices

Community Tephra Tweaking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2011, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Yes but you would need something for the map sensor to work off of remember its speed density not alpha N which is more of a ITB setup.

What SD needs is a vacuum line behind the ITB plate probably all 4 of them tied into one line for a good average.

If the car was to be tuned Alpha-N style the whole system would need to be reworked.
WTH is Alpha-N??
Old Apr 17, 2011, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
WTH is Alpha-N??
Its a race car system basically its all guessing for the motor it equates load directly tied to throttle percentage and delivers fuel based on that. So since it requires only a throttle input its super responsive and fast but not accurate.

It can't be used on a boosted system without a correction for pressure.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Its a race car system basically its all guessing for the motor it equates load directly tied to throttle percentage and delivers fuel based on that. So since it requires only a throttle input its super responsive and fast but not accurate.

It can't be used on a boosted system without a correction for pressure.
Interesting!
Old May 1, 2011, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

does anyone have a legend or key as to what each item box means/does in ecuflash?
Old May 1, 2011, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sawulkn
does anyone have a legend or key as to what each item box means/does in ecuflash?
What "box" do you mean

Perhaps you should goto the ecuflash forum and start reading the stickies plenty of "how to's" in that place.
Old May 1, 2011, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

What "box" do you mean

Perhaps you should goto the ecuflash forum and start reading the stickies plenty of "how to's" in that place.
the items in the "current rommetdata" column...basically like a brief explanation of each bullet in "x" category. i did look through the stickies and didnt find anything...another member asked the same question, but was never answered. i quoted and posted the same question in the thread as well. i know the basics, but just wanted to have an insight on what all the other stuff does
Old May 2, 2011, 01:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sawulkn
the items in the "current rommetdata" column...basically like a brief explanation of each bullet in "x" category. i did look through the stickies and didnt find anything...another member asked the same question, but was never answered. i quoted and posted the same question in the thread as well. i know the basics, but just wanted to have an insight on what all the other stuff does
I'll take "looked through" as really skimmed through the stickies for names exactly matching your problem?

Look for merlins guide to tuning evos Google it if you have to. There is not a better more complete explanation for everything in tuning in existence i can assure you.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll take "looked through" as really skimmed through the stickies for names exactly matching your problem?

Look for merlins guide to tuning evos Google it if you have to. There is not a better more complete explanation for everything in tuning in existence i can assure you.
+1 I downloaded that guide long ago and I was always referring to it.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

awesome, thanks RS
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

what does the P0830 Clutch Pedal Circuit do? and if it is set to 0 it should be disabled right now correct or by default? if i set it to 1 should that let me start the car without pressing in the clutch or with a remote start???
Old Nov 21, 2014, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by fknlowpsi
what does the P0830 Clutch Pedal Circuit do? and if it is set to 0 it should be disabled right now correct or by default? if i set it to 1 should that let me start the car without pressing in the clutch or with a remote start???
If you just unplug the switch on the floor behind the clutch, you can start the car without it pressed in
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
If you just unplug the switch on the floor behind the clutch, you can start the car without it pressed in

make sure it's in neutral!!! lol
Old Nov 21, 2014, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
make sure it's in neutral!!! lol
I thought that was a given. Lol I have a turbo timer so mine is always in neutral. I keep thinking about getting a remote start for mine, but I have to adjust my primer enrich tables a bit and mess with the ac values so I'm not pegging my rpms way up.