Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Performance Part Review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by SSP-Ralliart
i used to race a 8sec camaro back in the day. Ran a powerglide two speed. Ran 9s on a 3speed THM350 automatic.
Now you're revealing your age? Roadrunners, SS's, Cuda's, Stang's...ah, the 70's...
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
i used to race a 8sec camaro back in the day. Ran a powerglide two speed. Ran 9s on a 3speed THM350 automatic.
muscle cars are different...and a car like that probably would not do well in autocross/road course...and yeah, that's old people talk... Sounds like she was a beast though
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Drag racing autos can be mean when they are built right!

Makes me wish the auto was more tune-able. Hopefully it will be soon.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sry was takin to the wrong place again

Last edited by turboart; Mar 10, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117

Do you have hackish's flash which makes the shifting noticeably crisper/sharper after he changes the throttle angle? When he finds an automatic car he'll spend some time with it and see how aggressive he thinks it should be, he told me. I currently have it uploaded, along with the 7200 rev limiter, which you can only take to that limit by shifting manually, otherwise, the engine will shift at it's predetermined limit of ~6300 rpm if left in "D"rive, and, therefore, traction is now an issue when launching for the first time since buying the car in '04! You NEED to get this if you don't have it already!

Last edited by truthdweller; Mar 9, 2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bakuro117
Drag racing autos can be mean when they are built right!

The baddest Supras out there all convert to GM auto trannies. Their puny manual trans cannot take the abuse (here, read 1000+ whp) the Turbo series trans can. Also alot cheaper to run.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by truthdweller
Do you have hackish's flash which makes the shifting noticeably crisper/sharper after he changes the throttle angle? When he finds an automatic car he'll spend some time with it and see how aggressive he thinks it should be, he told me. I currently have it uploaded, along with the 7200 rev limiter, which you can only take to that limit by shifting manually, otherwise, the engine will shift at it's predetermined limit of ~6300 rpm if left in "D"rive, and, therefore, traction is now an issue when launching for the first time since buying the car in '04! You NEED to get this if you don't have it already!
I dont have it. But I have been wanting it for a while. But Ive been debating on putting off working on my car any more than maintenance now. Ive really got a bad itch to start saving for an evo... lol

Id love to keep working on my RA cause Im going to keep it even if I do get an Evo. But the more I work on the RA the less $$ I can put toward an evo...
Old Feb 23, 2014, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have seen a few positive reviews for the RPW stage 1 cam, has anybody tried the stage 2 or their cam gear?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Forge FMDV008 Diverter Valve

Review: The weight of this device gave me the first impression that I was getting something for my money. It's smooth, high gloss, painted surface with the engraved "Forge" logo, as well a it's obvious technical design and construction, makes it stand out among it's competitors. The ability to maintenance it, or change out the springs by removing its hex key bolts is a plus. It's performance is as the Audi TT 1.8 recirculation valve that I had previously, but the sound is less turbulent, the response is crisper, and what tickled me the most was it's suttle, high pitched report that it gives off upon deceleration in my automatic transmission! What does all this mean as far as performance? I don't really know, but just knowing that I have a quality piece of serviceable engineering under the hood that I paid a nominal fee for, from an evom member, made it totally worth it.

Last edited by truthdweller; Mar 16, 2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Forge UNOS Manual Boost Controller (MBC):

A MBC was recommended by hackish, et al, soon after I completed the turbo build on my car back in July, 2013. It wasn't until last week though that I finally followed through. I finally can stop dragging out the jack, stands, and other tools required, to crawl under my car to make the adjustments to my WG actuator!

I'm finding out as well, that this device, although still an estimation game, is a much more accurate method than the aforementioned procedure! Construction wise, Forge comes through again with a bullet proof, simple, serviceable construction, complete with two mounting brackets and hardware, and a soft and firm spring to accommodate boost pressures.