Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

RA race car

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RA race car

so, i want to make my RA into a race car. i understand it will not be easy, and that it will take alot of time and money, but my idea is to have a car that is quick in a straight line and through turns. once i begin this my car will not longer be a DD but instead a toy. so if ya could list in order what parts i should get and how much power i can expect from each, and if its not too much to ask could the engine list be seperated from the suspension etc list. i wanna beef up my car as much as possible without forced induction. thanks for any help guys.

Mark
Old Dec 5, 2010, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

*sigh*
Check out my build, its pretty darn good N/A build. But that will change soon as I will be going boosted.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 03:20 PM

depends on what racing you want to do with it?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 06:48 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I would recommend that you find a local fabricator/builder to work with you on this and plan it out with them. You'll need one to build you a proper cage, handle bracing the car, and assist with the build. The type of racing you want to do and how much you're planning on budgeting will determine what direction you go.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 07:12 PM

i want to make it an OK autox car, but i really wanna make fast in a straight line, like when you come out of a turn into a huge straight, so not exactly a drag car but not exactly an autox only car aswell, more like a back road monster. Big horsepower with an amazing suspension/handling set up, so im lookin to see what parts i should get first and how much power they'll produce
Old Dec 5, 2010, 07:22 PM
EvoM Administrator

Well, if you want to build an autox car, you need to figure out what class you want to run in and build the car for that specific class. If you start just bolting stuff on you'll just end up with a car stuck in a class where it isn't competitive.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by otter
Well, if you want to build an autox car, you need to figure out what class you want to run in and build the car for that specific class. If you start just bolting stuff on you'll just end up with a car stuck in a class where it isn't competitive.
ok better put, i wanna put the car into the 200-300 hp range, 300-400 hp would be nice but harder to get, so ill stick to 200-300, but i want it to be nimble, ya know like handling great, stiffer suspension, eliminate most understeer, im not set on what class, i just want fast car thats fast in turns just like it is in a straight line, basicaly i wanna say i have something that will beat an evo in every category, haha.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:03 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bring your wallet and good luck, there's a reason the evos are 10-15k more than these new
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mark931
ok better put, i wanna put the car into the 200-300 hp range, 300-400 hp would be nice but harder to get, so ill stick to 200-300, but i want it to be nimble, ya know like handling great, stiffer suspension, eliminate most understeer, im not set on what class, i just want fast car thats fast in turns just like it is in a straight line, basicaly i wanna say i have something that will beat an evo in every category, haha.
You realize that what you are asking is going to cost a lot of money, time and fabricating to get you something close to what already exist. The RA, although a fun and reliable car, is exactly that, it wasn't designed to be a MONSTER. Several have modded the heck out of the RA, but the bottom line, it was designed to only hit a certain market group.

Case in point, the ECU has taken years to effectively reflash, there is a reason why that is.

Very little in the way of companies that support the 04 - 06 years, search the net and you'll find the same companies over and over again. Whereas, if you search for EVO aftermarket, the supply is 10 fold compared to the RA guys.

You are looking at the wrong model if you want to have a beast.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 07:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you could start off with small mods like a tune, exhaust, intake then lighter wheels, suspension, sways and then seats, cage, better brakes, and cf parts

-anthony
Old Dec 10, 2010, 06:17 PM

so i lost track of where this thread was , lol, but i know the evo is more expensive than ours for a reason, i just like having something thats different and out of the ordinary. my plan was to invest around 15k into the car engine wise through out the years, im just lookin for some advice on modding the car from someone who has already done it before, ive heard so many things about this car, like an AWD conversion, turbos, and even a 12 second ralliart, so making a 200hp+ street toy/weekend race car shouldnt be too hard right?
all ive figured out is this list: underdrive pulley kit, timing box, piggyback, bigger throttlebody/injectors, remove extra car weight, better motormounts,full exhaust, ported/polished IM, ported/polished head, forged pistons, and a LSD(i know this isnt an engine mod but it should help out alot) <--- thats my list for engine parts in order from the research ive done, i havent started a list for the suspension setup yet though, i wanna get my info right before i start on this so i dont waste any money, any additions/tips would be helpful guys.
thanks,
mark
Old Dec 10, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Mark honestly, for the 15k you want to put in your RA, you could by an Evo and be way ahead of the RA with 15k in mods. I understand about being different, but just be sensible. To me its all fun per dollar, in all reality if you really want to get into racing, just by someones built race car. Should be able to pick up a complete setup, trailer, extra engine, 4 sets of tires, etc. for under $10k. On a race track 2-300hp is nothing in a straight line. After blazing through corners at the limits of the tires the straight line speed never feels fast...at least to me. My Evo is 414whp btw, and I want it faster. No one is ever satisfied with how fast there car is when they start to mod it.

If you do decide this is what you want to do, +1 find a local race car shop and tell them what you want to do that way you can plan it all out.

Edit: When I mean race car for 10k, your getting something like

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/ot...84322319ss.htm
or for a little more
http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/ot...86325098ss.htm

Good luck what ever you decide. The reason I push you this way is because of experience trying to get a car ready to race and be fun and competitive can be expensive, especially for the enthusiast; just remember the class rules before you start anything. A class may only allow you to use OEM pistons, or the PP head might send you to the next class, or the differential change might send you up a class. Research.

Last edited by casper980; Dec 10, 2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 07:31 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by casper980
Mark honestly, for the 15k you want to put in your RA, you could by an Evo and be way ahead of the RA with 15k in mods. I understand about being different, but just be sensible. To me its all fun per dollar, in all reality if you really want to get into racing, just by someones built race car. Should be able to pick up a complete setup, trailer, extra engine, 4 sets of tires, etc. for under $10k. On a race track 2-300hp is nothing in a straight line. After blazing through corners at the limits of the tires the straight line speed never feels fast...at least to me. My Evo is 414whp btw, and I want it faster. No one is ever satisfied with how fast there car is when they start to mod it.

If you do decide this is what you want to do, +1 find a local race car shop and tell them what you want to do that way you can plan it all out.
QFT. The RA is a good car but IMO it's only worth so much investment before you should start looking at a different platform, especially with how cheap used Evos go for now.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:15 AM

brother just ignore the people
remember ur money ur car..

brother theres a thread were a guy named Diavlo wants to make a 1.6L lancer to a 2.4L but the problem was that he was in UK were no lancer 2.4L on sale so he buy a lancer 1.6L and swap an engine 2.4L and had a really but really nice lancer
i will put the link were u can see what i am talking about ..

his wish was to convert the lancer no only 1 traccion instead he wants AWD he make a great research but the thing why he didnt finish this incredible proyect because he had all diferencial all he need to convert it he maked a great and long research but the problem was that the car was stolen 1 week before the turbokit arrived and he can begin the AWD proyect....

heres the post of AWD proyect i hope some one can finish what Diavlo Started and wish to finish.. but he didnt...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...onversion.html

bro if u like ur car remember
Thats ur money thats ur car u can make whatever u want and add whatever u want

heres the page he had from his old car that was stolen just see it and love it (:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/253739...subishi-lancer

i hope i had the money and time to spend in my car just to make it that way..

remember

The Ralliart its not only an economy car you will says in the future " o yeah i drived that car 1 time" its an amazing car that need some one to take the POWER he has inside its not a 2.4L if more that u can ever imagine...
The Lancer is an ECONOMY CAR. Learn it, live it, love it...
Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:28 AM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by lsalex
brother just ignore the people
remember ur money ur car..

brother theres a thread were a guy named Diavlo wants to make a 1.6L lancer to a 2.4L but the problem was that he was in UK were no lancer 2.4L on sale so he buy a lancer 1.6L and swap an engine 2.4L and had a really but really nice lancer
i will put the link were u can see what i am talking about ..
...he finished his car, it was stolen, so he took the loss and bought an Evo instead.

Quick Reply: RA race car