Notices

Considering a Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2005, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Considering a Ralliart

Hi there, after roaming around the board for months, i'm deciding to join the board. I'm considering a RA as my new car since it has most of the stuff i need as standard equipment than the less equipped Mazda3s with the bad blindspots. I know there are threads on this but I need help to negiotiate a price for the RA at my dealer - Randall Mitsubishi.

I'm getting a 2005 Graphite Gray Pearl Ralliart AT with no accessories. The MSRP for it at the dealer is $19,974. Invoice pricing is $ 19,052.23 before rebates.
The rebates i'm getting is the $1000 mitsubishi rebate and the $500 Loyalty (dad owns a mitsubishi mirage). We won't be trading in any car since the current car i'm driving will be the learning car for my stepmom . I want to know the lowest price I can get with the 2005 RA.

I talked to the sales guy at Randall, Jerry Diaz, he said that I can get it at $18,000. Do you think i can get the RA around $17,500 instead? . The salesguy is also chipping "free" window tinting for me if i buyit from him and he also the cousin of my coworker. I think he also needed to meet his quota of vehicle sells since he kept repeating "buy 2 cars" to me and my stepmom. The RA is also the last one on the lot other than the OZ and ES. Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 06:11 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
If there's another dealership nearby you, go to them and get the best deal that you can, go back to the first one, barter down. Then take the best deal. For an 05 auto you might be able to get down to $17,000, but not below that. $17,500 is a reasonable expectation at this point in the model year.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 06:27 PM

At the moment we're waiting for my dad's vacation check at the end of the month for the down payment. The nearest dealership is an hour and half away. I'm sure the dealership here will let us buy the car $17500 or less if thats what people are paying for a auto RA. It's the last RA in the lot also if that also makes a deciding factor for the price..
Old Jun 16, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Seriously if you are concerned with the money, get a 2004. Make sure everything is perfect and it shouldn't have to many miles on it by now. That'll save you 5k.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

I just bought the last 2004 auto ralliart at my local dealership. Got them below $15k. Probably could have got them lower but I was lazy and tired. That was with no rebates either. They told me they stopped the rebates on the 2004s. There are no major differences b/w the 04s and the 05s so if you can find an 04, you should go for it.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

no no no get a srt 4 or a used ralliart. end of story
Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:13 AM

i hate dodges, so the srt4 won't be top on my list. There are 6 - 2004 Automatic RA at the Gillman Mitsubishi in Austin. If i get a 2004, the price i can get would be lowered and would be close to TOralliart's car price or would it be lowered because it was the last 2004?

I found a used ralliart 100miles from here at another dealership but its Manual and red. I can't drive stick, even if i could, it has to be auto since my dad might need it when his car is in service even though i'll be in college living somewhere else (which is in the same town).

The main question for me and its been repeated. How much did you pay for those who bought the last 2004? for those who bought 2005? This is the only informationi need in order to negiotiate with the dealers. I don't want to be over paying on the car than the people who got it less.

Last edited by TKEslurpee; Jun 17, 2005 at 09:19 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Paid 15 or 15.5 OTD for my o4 in April of this year... 5spd S&S...
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:05 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TKEslurpee
i hate dodges, so the srt4 won't be top on my list. There are 6 - 2004 Automatic RA at the Gillman Mitsubishi in Austin. If i get a 2004, the price i can get would be lowered and would be close to TOralliart's car price or would it be lowered because it was the last 2004?

I found a used ralliart 100miles from here at another dealership but its Manual and red. I can't drive stick, even if i could, it has to be auto since my dad might need it when his car is in service even though i'll be in college living somewhere else (which is in the same town).

The main question for me and its been repeated. How much did you pay for those who bought the last 2004? for those who bought 2005? This is the only informationi need in order to negiotiate with the dealers. I don't want to be over paying on the car than the people who got it less.
If there is a 2004 available near you, get that instead. You will save quite a bit of money. There is really no difference between the 04's and the 05's except for a minor exhaust thing (some 05's have a different header for an unknown reason).

Also, if you buy from a dealership that isn't your closest one, you can still go to the closer one for all your service.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine for $15.9k otd. $17.5k sounds really high. You can get an Accord LX for that much.

Carsdirect lists the auto Ralliart for $16,852:

http://www.carsdirect.com/build/opti...&restore=false
Old Jun 17, 2005, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by TKEslurpee
i hate dodges, so the srt4 won't be top on my list.
Now THAT's a sensible person! I like you already bro!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the negotiation part!

-