Notices

Front Parking Lights

Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the bulb in the left picture is the correct one, u can get a pack of two in different colors from parts store for under 3 dollars.

The other 2 I honestly thought were Christmas tree bulbs until i expanded the picture. Now... I hvent a clue. Probably some cheapo Ebay neon bulbs or something. The stock ones are SOO weak U cant tell they are on if the headlights are on. I have stock ones in blue in mine and they only show if only the parking lights are on, which would be cool if i could get the fogs to be on with them.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:41 PM

i know this thread has been AWHILE but i was wondering for the front side amber parking lights is it only the 06 RA's that lights up? and 05 dont? theyre jus amber?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by danielledungca
i know this thread has been AWHILE but i was wondering for the front side amber parking lights is it only the 06 RA's that lights up? and 05 dont? theyre jus amber?
ummm...i'm trying to understand this question...

are you talking about the little oval-shaped lights located on the side of our cars (near the front wheels)? i have a 2004 RA and mine lights up. i'm not sure why you're calling them "parking lights" though. aren't they called "signal lights"? now i'm confused again

LOL
Old Mar 5, 2013, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rzrxn
ummm...i'm trying to understand this question...

are you talking about the little oval-shaped lights located on the side of our cars (near the front wheels)? i have a 2004 RA and mine lights up. i'm not sure why you're calling them "parking lights" though. aren't they called "signal lights"? now i'm confused again

LOL
i think he/she's talking about the amber side section on the headlight itself..
and im pretty sure it lights up on all model years....it just lights up and does not flash with the turn signal IIRC...

the oval lights on the fender are clear with amber bulbs and those ARE turn signals/turn indicators...

PS:..i know it's been about a year but OP...any results..?
(if they ever got around to actually fixing it..?...and still have the car..?lol)

Last edited by nekkidlad; Mar 5, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
the position lights? i think is how they are called in the manual...yeah they don't flash, they just light up and that's it, they are so useless even that mine were burnt out so long i didn't even notice they were there...
Old Mar 6, 2013, 09:40 AM

yea they call em parking lights but it is the long strip one on the very end not the signal lights or the top parking lights. i jus had to ask cuz i never notice mine on ever and i saw an 06 ra and his were on. but i jus checked my self and yea there is bulbs there.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 09:44 AM

one more question guys i have to ask here cuz i dont know how to make a new post for everyone to see. BUT i have an 05 ralliart everything sounds good but whats really bugging me is this clock ticking noise it makes when it starts and when i rev the engine it gets faster so the higher the rpm the faster the ticking clock goes. its not super loud but its there. what could it be?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

valves...search "valve lash"
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:56 AM

No I know for sure it's not te valve I've listened to it closely its coming from the pulley on the side the valves are pretty quiet but yea the noise sounds like the electronic self throttle check. helppppp
Old Mar 7, 2013, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

check your timing belt for wear/damage...about a month or so before my timing belt failed, i noticed a slight ticking noise, and didn't give it much thought...
Old Apr 4, 2013, 03:18 PM

Ok maybe Im just blind but was there an answer in here? I have the exact same issue as the OP. Both the left side & the right side parking lights or position lights on my 04 Lancer Raliart are out as well. Didnt even notice until I took it in for an inspection.

It failed for a bad tie rod - fixed since then. & the 2 front parking lights / position lights. I went and bought bulbs. I replaced the 2 on the driver side. But get nothing out of the bulbs. I thought it might be a fuse but if they are on the same fuse as the tail lights as someone else said in this thread then it cant be the fuse. Is it the ECU then like others suggested?

Its just the front parking lights or position lights. Both the left & right side.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

have you metered the wires? see the picture i posted on the first page, make sure that plug at the bottom of the assembly is making good contact...
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:31 PM

Good info, thanks. This thread helped me change my burnt out position lights. I wasn't sure how to get to them.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sr20ve
Good info, thanks. This thread helped me change my burnt out position lights. I wasn't sure how to get to them.
nice!

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Apr 28, 2014 at 08:19 PM. Reason: derp