Notices

Pricing to Sell?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pricing to Sell?

Hey Guys,

Looks like it will be time to part ways with my lancer this summer , I was hoping to see if anyone has sold one before . I looked around on the local craiglist and found two lancers same year for sell. One of them they were asking $2,800 with 80k miles on it , another one was $3800 for one with a body kit and visible rear end damage.

My question is how much is everyone getting for theirs? of course depending on the market.

The reason I'm asking this is that my lancer has about 203k on it , 15k on a new motor and well maintained , doesn't leak , new tires , new brakes , new starter, new Ac system. so I'm stuck Kelly blue book on it is like super low on pricing for it.

any thoughts?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh man, don't even get me started on this topic. Lancers, Mitsubishi cars in general, aren't worth much in the used market. I regret buying and refurbishing the my grey Ralliart with the intent to flip. If I'm going to lose that much money, I'd rather drive it to the ground or turn it into a race car than get low balled.

Pricing depends on location. In Vancouver Canada, low KM (<100k km) Ralliarts go for around $7000-8000 CAD BUT they aren't selling since there's a boatload of other cars to buy for that much. The high mileage/rebuilt/ratty/automatic looking ones sub $3000 and they stay on the market for quite some time since no one wants to deal with their problems. Sportbacks are a different beast since there were so few of them built.

The sweet spot is the 150-160 k km range where people ask around $5000-6000 for a decent copy.

I'm sorry to say, but you won't get much even with the newer engine and maintenance items.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jcmaz
Oh man, don't even get me started on this topic. Lancers, Mitsubishi cars in general, aren't worth much in the used market. I regret buying and refurbishing the my grey Ralliart with the intent to flip. If I'm going to lose that much money, I'd rather drive it to the ground or turn it into a race car than get low balled.

Pricing depends on location. In Vancouver Canada, low KM (<100k km) Ralliarts go for around $7000-8000 CAD BUT they aren't selling since there's a boatload of other cars to buy for that much. The high mileage/rebuilt/ratty/automatic looking ones sub $3000 and they stay on the market for quite some time since no one wants to deal with their problems. Sportbacks are a different beast since there were so few of them built.

The sweet spot is the 150-160 k km range where people ask around $5000-6000 for a decent copy.

I'm sorry to say, but you won't get much even with the newer engine and maintenance items.
thats the market I'm seeing too. The clutch went out last night. Our mechanic said to just donate it. 😂

Who knows how today's phone call will go today with him.