Notices
08+ Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Questions about Tinting Windows

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2009, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Greedy_son
Are the cops that nervous in Jersey? Maybe you should stick your hands out the window next time get out and lie down on the ground.

You: "Dont shoot im unarmed"
Cop: "WTF, its just a speeding ticket"

Belive me they take no chances.. If they can't see in, they assume the worst.. That's not just Jersey that's anywhere.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 06:58 PM

What other high quality brand window tint are there other than SolarGuard? Also, how much approximately would tinting cost for the 2 rear and the back window?
Old Aug 16, 2009, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

in the states, Llumar is a very good brand and has a lifetime, nationwide warranty. pretty much anyplace in the US that does Llumar will replace it for free if its damaged. Also, if you take it to the dealer to do it, they may just wind up taking it someplace to get it done. when i worked at a car audio shop that also did Llumar tinting, the local mitsubishi/hyundai dealership took ALL their cars to us when they needed tinting, or they referred the customer to us and the dealership picked up the bill. they did the same with keyless entry, if the customer wanted that added haha.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by RTW EVO
Belive me they take no chances.. If they can't see in, they assume the worst.. That's not just Jersey that's anywhere.
your exaggerating man
Old Sep 8, 2009, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Most dealerships take the car elsewhere to get it tinted! Someone suggested to call/ask the dealership to refer you to one. Usually a good tinting shop will also do decals and offers a NICE warrenty, preferrably lifetime, on their tint jobs. I live in Detroit, and a great rule-of-thumb is to take it where the high-dollar cars go. You'll pay a little more, but it will be done right.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by J09GTSGraphite
tintprotector.com

its something..better than nothing. I bought it, now just have to get my windows tinted..real soon!

They say to install the moleskin (tintprotector.com) after the tint job is done!

So here, legal limits are: 50% front doors, and 35% for the back doors and windows....
Is this dark enough, or shoudl I go darker all the way around...like 35% or 30% all the way around?

Im juts worried about being pulled over if they wanna be sticky....
You see DARK tints here all the time, and I think ppl are ok and cops dont pull them over for it but....???

I got 15% and live in nyc never got pulled over. I actually got one cop to ask me if I knew how to do it myself and if I could of did his