Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

09 Ralliart Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to make a debate but coming from the DSM world, most of us, most, use Mobile 1 and GTX. What do you Lancer/Evo people use?

Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 98GSXtreme07
Not to make a debate but coming from the DSM world, most of us, most, use Mobile 1 and GTX. What do you Lancer/Evo people use?

Probably the same, with AmsOil here and there.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got the oil changed....went with full synthetic (mobile 1) $67 out the door....pretty darn expensive and I might have to start doing oil changes myself.....btw, shoulda changed the oil a bit sooner (at 4352 miles, dashboard says 700 miles to go), the dealer people showed me the oil and it was super dark brown....so those of you with less mileage might wanna do yours at around 2000 miles. Btw how do you reset the maintenance mileage indicator on the display?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Heliart
Got the oil changed....went with full synthetic (mobile 1) $67 out the door....pretty darn expensive and I might have to start doing oil changes myself.....btw, shoulda changed the oil a bit sooner (at 4352 miles, dashboard says 700 miles to go), the dealer people showed me the oil and it was super dark brown....so those of you with less mileage might wanna do yours at around 2000 miles. Btw how do you reset the maintenance mileage indicator on the display?
My navi was yelling at me around 600 miles to get my oil changed, so I just got it done to get rid of the break-in gunk & make myself feel better . It was easy resetting the maint. info with navi, but if I remember from your pictures, you didn't have the navi right? I've got no idea how to reset that meter on the stock display...owner's manual might be more help than me....
Old Jan 13, 2009, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DetroitRA
My navi was yelling at me around 600 miles to get my oil changed, so I just got it done to get rid of the break-in gunk & make myself feel better . It was easy resetting the maint. info with navi, but if I remember from your pictures, you didn't have the navi right? I've got no idea how to reset that meter on the stock display...owner's manual might be more help than me....
Here in Canada the service interval is every 4800 km -- that's every 3000 miles. I'm quite surprised that the US maintenance doesn't match. I'd be less surprised if our warranty was different, but it's not.

Oh, and just for the record, only an incredible fool doesn't use synthetic motor oil in their new car from day one. Luckily that's the spec for the Ralliart. That idiotic stuff about mixing oils is an old wives' tale from way back that has no relation to reality (I last heard that story from an actual mechanic back in the early 90's, so at least they've clued in). No one could make money selling oils that were seriously incompatible with other oils, because the lawsuits alone would bankrupt them within a matter of days.

Last edited by aestival; Jan 13, 2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by aestival
Here in Canada the service interval is every 4800 km -- that's every 3000 miles. I'm quite surprised that the US maintenance doesn't match. I'd be less surprised if our warranty was different, but it's not.

Oh, and just for the record, only an incredible fool doesn't use synthetic motor oil in their new car from day one. Luckily that's the spec for the Ralliart. That idiotic stuff about mixing oils is an old wives' tale from way back that has no relation to reality (I last heard that story from an actual mechanic back in the early 90's, so at least they've clued in). No one could make money selling oils that were seriously incompatible with other oils, because the lawsuits alone would bankrupt them within a matter of days.
Weird thing is that my maintenance schedule is the same, its set for every 3000 miles. But for some reason, at 600 miles the navi would show "Service overdue! Please contact your local dealer", but on the display, there'd be 2400 miles left on the counter. Strange? lol, I just got it changed anyway. I figured that it was just programmed for the first oil change and to get rid of all the break-in gunk. (and didn't show on the display)
Old Jan 13, 2009, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DetroitRA
Weird thing is that my maintenance schedule is the same, its set for every 3000 miles. But for some reason, at 600 miles the navi would show "Service overdue! Please contact your local dealer", but on the display, there'd be 2400 miles left on the counter. Strange? lol, I just got it changed anyway. I figured that it was just programmed for the first oil change and to get rid of all the break-in gunk. (and didn't show on the display)
The dealer is supposed to set the reminder with each service, or at least that's what my dealer's head mechanic explained to me.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aestival
The dealer is supposed to set the reminder with each service, or at least that's what my dealer's head mechanic explained to me.

Yep, just what I wa going to say, sounds like someone forgot to reset it.

Doc
Old Jan 13, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

i'm about 90% sure my manual says to use full-synth, but regardless, it will get full-synth. The protection it offers is incredible, and has shown its usefulness in my motorcycles several times.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 09:29 PM

im going with full synth when i hit that 3k mark(or whenever my navi starts to go crazy on me ) you just cant go wrong with full synth IMO
Old Jan 14, 2009, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just put mobil one in mine
Old Jan 15, 2009, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by silthos
Just put mobil one in mine
Huh!!! (GASP) You bit#*! Where did you find your Ralliart at!? No Mitsubishi Dealerships have them! BIG Mitsubishi here actually told me that they're doing so bad, they can't even get me the car I want because they can't sell their inventory.

Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
man that sucks. I went there to get my oil change. I got mine shipped from RC Hill Mitsubishi in Deland Florida.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:19 AM

Ah, I figured it had to be out of state. In the next few weeks I'm going to Hampton Mitsubishi in Lafayette to talk to them about getting one. They said they can acutally get them. Anyway, didn't mean to get the thread off topic. Continue...

Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Heliart
Mobile 1 synthetic oil appears darker than most synthetic oil. Either the dealer was giving you a case of FUD to make it seem $67 bux for an oil change was a great deal or they don't change many vehicles with mobile 1 synthetic.

I'd me more worry about if any thing was present in the oil rather than the color.

Quick Reply: 09 Ralliart Oil Change