Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart vs the world

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2009, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
So since it's a Mitsubishi forum it's OK to talk about cars we don't own as long as they're not a Lancer? I have a feeling people would **** a brick if this topic came up on NASIOC and people spoke poorly of the RA.
It's a Mitsubishi forum with a sub-topic of RA. So no, i wouldn't venture into the Evo threads and pretend i know everything, i don't own or have owned the car. So it is the same as me entering a Corvette forum and doing the same. We're comparing OUR car to other cars, based on what we know. This started by someone saying they DID lose a to a corvette and someone saying had they modded it COULD, COULD maybe be close. You have to agree a conflict of interest comes into play when someone who owns neither begins to put thier 2 cents in.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
I know many of the RA owners here would ***** and moan and make the very claims I have (that it's clearly a result of driver error). Hell, some RA owners would challenge the Lancer owner to an e-thug fight.
Wow, do you? You must have a good sample of all the RA owners. You love to live within this world of paradigms, add "all RA owners are overconfident" to the book eh?
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Metall1ca
It's a Mitsubishi forum with a sub-topic of RA. So no, i wouldn't venture into the Evo threads and pretend i know everything, i don't own or have owned the car. So it is the same as me entering a Corvette forum and doing the same. We're comparing OUR car to other cars, based on what we know. This started by someone saying they DID lose a to a corvette and someone saying had they modded it COULD, COULD maybe be close. You have to agree a conflict of interest comes into play when someone who owns neither begins to put thier 2 cents in.
just give up bro,
Amby is ALWAYS right, lol.

Originally Posted by skywalker
The new Si isn't a complete push over. I think the RA is a faster car don't get me wrong, but as a previous 07 si owner it isn' t that bad. Most people seem to run 14.7-15.0 stock, but I saw few 14.2-14.4 passes stock as well.
best i saw was a 13.9 with i/h/e and a hondata tune on slicks ... not bad but the ra would eat the evo if it had the same
Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Metall1ca
DUDE...no we aren't. You have to admit it's a little more frustrating when the conversation is steered into oblivion by people who don't even own the car being spoken about.
i dont think u necessarily have to own a car, to make an educated comment on it. as long as your comment is, at least loosely, based on some facts... like for example, i dont own an RA, but can state with some degree of certainty that it is not a better performing car (even with bolt-ons) than any Vette in the last 10 years. and its not a bad thing. a base corvette is twice the price!

so, im not trying to bash anyone, or make fun of anyone who owns an RA. u earned money, u bought it, congrats! its a great car, at a decent price tag... though perhaps lately overshadowed by the updated WRX, at the same price level
Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

^ right, but see that's making your point and being constructive. That wouldn't send a conversation into a tailspin.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by S6devil
i dont think u necessarily have to own a car, to make an educated comment on it. as long as your comment is, at least loosely, based on some facts... like for example, i dont own an RA, but can state with some degree of certainty that it is not a better performing car (even with bolt-ons) than any Vette in the last 10 years. and its not a bad thing. a base corvette is twice the price!

so, im not trying to bash anyone, or make fun of anyone who owns an RA. u earned money, u bought it, congrats! its a great car, a a decent price tag... though perhaps lately overshadowed by the updated WRX, at the same price level

No one is putting the RA on a pedastol and comparing it spec-wise to the Vette.
We just compared it in real world racing. Where any car can win or lose.

But the reason the RA's tag is so high is because of the badd-*** versatile tranny.
Granted not much is known about it when it comes to holding power, but there is aftermarket support and it's being worked on right now. Sports mode is great. wish we has S-Sport like the MR.

anyways...yah
Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

+1 on S-Sport mode
Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I am closing this thread. Arguments are stale and its all going poorly. We can reexamine reopening at another time.

I suggest people take any true motor sports information to the appropriate motor sports area (drag and competition).