Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart-Specific Drag Techniques

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hotshot1
i tried reposting my time slip but i suck with computers and my comp told me i already posted it and it wont let me post it again. if anyone wants me to show my time slip help me figure out how to post it lol
Find where you originally posted your time slip on Evom and go to edit the post... then just copy the part of the post where it says "img" with the brackets around it and post that here in this thread.

Keith
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RalliSGT
Very cool i have been studying the maps but dont have the ***** to try and tweak them myselves.
I can't help myself, I have to tinker with a tune. I had my EVO VIII RS tuned by David Buschur with the AEM EMS... I couldn't keep my hands out of it. I was able to improve fuel economy, and daily drivability (areas hard to tune in a couple hours on one day) but I doubt if I made any improvements to peak power over Davids tune After playing with the AEM EMS with little or no real tech support or knowledge base for any specific car it is a pleasure to play with the stock ECU tune with all the help and encouragement available here.

Keith
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
ok, update time.

i realize i never posted when i did it, but i pulled a 1.79 60' last time out and tony (cataclysm) was able to pull a 1.76 doing the same thing:

asc off, sport mode, automatic shifting, i was in tarmac and gravel and got about the same time for both (1.79 vs. 1.81)

this was done at the track with a standard light tree. once staged, hold brake and tap pedal to bounce revs around 3k rpm. once yellow lights start to drop, hold gas pedal to floor while still depressing brake pedal. on last yellow light release brake pedal completely and keep gas pedal to floor. the slight hesitation for the drivetrain to completely engage will make up for the switch from final yellow to green so you don't red-light it and you'll have a pretty awesome r/t as well.

this scored me a 1.79 60' with e/t of 12.796 @ 105.05 mods and dyno #'s in sig.