Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Bov

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2010, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bov

what is the loudest BOV you can get for the ralliart?? i want one that's really loud but won't give me any issues. I am gonna recirculate and not vta
Old Dec 24, 2010, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Lol that's also called the ricer bov hahaha... Hks SSV is the one your looking for
Old Dec 24, 2010, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

I have an old Folger's coffee can that you can use as an exhaust tip. Its the perfect complement to a loud bov.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it's not going to be loud recirculated unless you've got an open filter intake.

for one, you don't need a BOV, and adding an aftermarket one with do absolutely nothing for performance except make it worse if you don't set it up properly. the best BOV you could get though would be an EVO X one, or the Synapse DV...both wastes of money though if you're completely stock.

you're a ricer and a disgrace to the community btw.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
the best BOV you could get though would be an EVO X one, or the Synapse DV...both wastes of money though if you're completely stock..
That's not a true statement. The Evo X BOV is a great mod for our Ralliarts because the stock valve is plastic and often leaks even at the modest levels of boost achieved with just the factory tune.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
That's not a true statement. The Evo X BOV is a great mod for our Ralliarts because the stock valve is plastic and often leaks even at the modest levels of boost achieved with just the factory tune.
that's what I just said. if the car is completely stock, and untuned, it's a waste of money.

if he does need a BOV, the X one or the synapse unit will be good.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

that's what I just said. if the car is completely stock, and untuned, it's a waste of money.

if he does need a BOV, the X one or the synapse unit will be good.
I think you're not reading carefully what I wrote, so you might want to re-read my statement again. To repeat, I'm saying that an Evo X BOV is a good investment whether you're TUNED or UNTUNED because the plastic stock valve can leak even with stock levels of boost. So, I'm still disagreeing with you.....
Old Dec 24, 2010, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

you're a ricer and a disgrace to the community btw.
it's a phase a lot of people go through really

I didn't tighten one of my couplers properly when I installed a new UICP so it sounded like a BoV. It was fun to play with on the ride home, but once I got in the garage I tightened it right away. Didn't like the mindset that I was giving up power just for a sound.

It was fun, but definitely not worth sacrificing performance over. Hence all the used HKS SSQV on sale on these forums.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
I think you're not reading carefully what I wrote, so you might want to re-read my statement again. To repeat, I'm saying that an Evo X BOV is a good investment whether you're TUNED or UNTUNED because the plastic stock valve can leak even with stock levels of boost. So, I'm still disagreeing with you.....
that's still being overly paranoid in my opinion. until it starts to leak, there's no reason to replace it if the car is bone stock. the EVO 8 units were also plastic and prone to leak with increased boost or excessive mileage, but there's no proof that either of these are leaking when you drive it off the showroom floor. my guess would be that it's holding just fine, and will hold fine for years if the car remains stock.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

you're a ricer and a disgrace to the community btw.[/quote]

go bother people in your own forums. if its his taste and what he likes, then i say go for it you started off with good advice but that last comment^is uncalled for man
Old Dec 24, 2010, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by elmerfud54

go bother people in your own forums. if its his taste and what he likes, then i say go for it you started off with good advice but that last comment^is uncalled for man
it was a joke. apparently no one else cared, so why should you? I'm trying to save the kid some money. I provide both advice, and comedic relief. if you don't like my humor, don't read my posts.

you say go for it, but the guy is just going to waste money buying a BOV for noise mainly because it won't make any noise recirculated on the stock airbox. if he wants something loud, he'll have to buy a BOV and an open filter intake. I have the Synapse DV and ETS intake. the Synapse is louder than the stocker was on the ETS intake.

if you're looking for noise, that's a good setup. if you get the thing tuned, you'll also pick up some power with that mod. that said, there are much better mods for the money that you could, and should do first.

Last edited by ODUB; Dec 24, 2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

i wasnt the only person to notice it but hey the advice is good either way
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

I really dont care if people likes a loud bov but yeah its just a waste of money buying a loud bov without a proper mods in the car... Save the money for a tbe/intake/uicp that makes a great power gains.. And yeah it is a must getting a tune after installing an intake.. After all that gauges can follow, well whatever you do with your car its up to you.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 01:19 AM
Evolving Member

Your not a ricer man and your not a disgrace. And if no one welcomed you to the forums well then welcome. Try searching out with the search option at the top right hand and you'll find loads of information.

If you really want a loud BOV then by all means go get one and as someone pointed out the HKS SSQV is the one. Although to be honest all you really need is a stock Evo X or Evo IX BOV and an open intake (Ultimate racing, AMS, etc etc) to really hear it.

Personally as someone said you dont really "need" it because it could potentially lead to a loss in power if not setup correctly. But an EVO IX or X will be fine for you.

But hey its your car and do as you please. It's also your money, how you spend it I could care less lol just giving you my opinion. I say save up for an intake, exhaust and tune and boost pill. Good sounds, good power and you'll be in the low 13's if not breaking into 12.9 depending on your sea level...

To each his own on exterior, interior, performance modifications, gauges, stickers etc etc. The ricer is the person who challenges you at a stoplight knowing he has a homemade intake on his car and being cocky about it.

Haha personally I think and I have seen G35 owners being cocky pulling up to discreet vehicles who "they" think are ricer and wanting to race them because they think their car is something extraordinary or amazingly superior in every facet of description of the other car. Well to be honest that G35 owner is the ricer to me. Thats why I had to teach one a lesson a week ago after saying "Lancers are slow haha my 3.5 350z is something to behold"...yeah well he shut up and stayed behind me a little while after it turned green, I gave no exchange of words, just smiled and gave a thumbs up!...
Old Dec 25, 2010, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

ok finally found the post

This is an old post by GST, but I would trust their word/research after all they've provided for the RA community.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7564401-post28.html

So from what he's saying at the bottom of the post, the stock bov "slightly" leaks over 20. From the graph, a pill/tune will get you about 21psi max boost.

It is an old post, but they seem to have real data, and it doesn't seem like the stock bov is as bad as people make it out to be. Yes it leaks, but GST says it "slightly" leaks over 20, and their pill/tune only goes up to 21psi. So it's up to you if you still want to upgrade bov first over other mods. (and depending on your mod setup of course)

Quick Reply: Bov