Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fuego's Project Car!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I did hear from the dealer. They are waiting for the oil analysis to come back. I hope all goes well. They said they should let me know by this week and I will be picking up the car tomorrow. Once they find out they will give me a call. I hope it's really good news.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I picked my car and now I'm waiting on the final decission from mitsu.

I installed the lateral locks on the front sway bar and no more knocking noise. So if you get the front swarbar make sure it comes with lateral locks for it!!!

I also installed the synapse dv in pull mode, port B and port A VTA. I ordering the other springs for it from Aby@MIL.SPEC

I love the Synapse DV and it makes a huge difference in the drivability of the car. I can't wait till I get the spring and will also try what others are trying which is pull mode, port A and port B VTA.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

So I been reading a load of forums and 2 things concern me. One is the relays we have in out cars. So I'm ordering the following!

http://shop.ssptx.com/south_side_per.../i-532520.aspx

Then the idler pulley. So I'm going to try this because one of mine are going bad and the belt was slipping off. I had to buy and OEM belt and it fixed the issue but one of the pulley is making a sound. I'm going with the metal pulley and will try to follow this instruction.
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67410

Anyone has had any of these issues?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fuego
So I been reading a load of forums and 2 things concern me. One is the relays we have in out cars. So I'm ordering the following!

http://shop.ssptx.com/south_side_per.../i-532520.aspx

Then the idler pulley. So I'm going to try this because one of mine are going bad and the belt was slipping off. I had to buy and OEM belt and it fixed the issue but one of the pulley is making a sound. I'm going with the metal pulley and will try to follow this instruction.
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67410

Anyone has had any of these issues?
If I were you I'd just order the fuel relays directly from SSP. That's what I did....why get them secondhand from a re-seller when you can buy them right from the source?

Last edited by Slee256; Nov 4, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
If I were you I'd just order the fuel relays directly from SSP. That's what I did....why get them secondhand from a re-seller when you can buy them right from the source?
Ummm I am ordering it from SSP, more of a convince thing for those and about the same price. I dont by anything from the local dealership. I usually order all my stuff from an online OEM dealer. SSP Texas, Which is now Kozmic motorsports, I support! They did a great job running my car and help me with my current project. so if the price is reasonable, I get it from those I support before the dealer.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ummm I am ordering it from SSP, more of a convince thing for those and about the same price. I dont by anything from the local dealership. I usually order all my stuff from an online OEM dealer. SSP Texas, Which is now Kozmic motorsports, I support! They did a great job running my car and help me with my current project. so if the price is reasonable, I get it from those I support before the dealer.
What's all this talk about the "dealer"?? Read my post again, I never even mentioned ordering anything from a Mitsu dealer, so I'm not sure why you're arguing about something that I never even said I was talking about ordering directly from SSP, here's a link to the product on their website:
http://www.sspperformance.com/search...=relay+package
I don't see anything on their website indicating that they are now part of this "Kozmic Motorsports" company that you referred to.

Last edited by Slee256; Nov 5, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
What's all this talk about the "dealer"?? Read my post again, I never even mentioned ordering anything from a Mitsu dealer, so I'm not sure why you're arguing about something that I never even said I was talking about ordering directly from SSP, here's a link to the product on their website:
http://www.sspperformance.com/search...=relay+package
I don't see anything on their website indicating that they are now part of this "Kozmic Motorsports" company that you referred to.
Lol!!! Yea we both seeing this differently! On my first post I said I was ordering from SSP of Texas which is Kozmic motorsports and I posted this link:
http://shop.ssptx.com/south_side_performance/south_side_performance_relay_and_wiring_kits/evoxtsbrp/i-532520.aspx

So the main SSP is still SS but the SSP in Texas changed its name
I was wondering why u said SSP when I linked SSP on my my post about the relays :-)
But now we both see eye to eye :-)
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE:
Relays are ordered, idler pulley are ordered and I think it's a must for all
Seems like the idler pulley is making more noise each day.

For the Turbo Update:
I ordered the ETS UICP/LICP, and the Sparkplugs NGK ILKR8E6 Laser Iridium Spark Plugs.
So what is needed is a base tune and the Borla exhause, vibrant 3" flange, and a new innovation wideband sensor.

I'm hoping this weekend to install the Pulley, relays and Exo Intercooler w/ ETS UPIC and LICP.

Last edited by Fuego; Nov 6, 2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

TIRES UPDATE!
I'm getting 18x9.5 XXR 522 since my car is a DD and I would get upset with road rash unless I had another daily drivers and I would get those WORKS rims I lvoe so much.

I had to see what size rims I needed for my car. It turns out to be 9 3/4 but the XXR-522 only come in 9.5

So what we tested at the tire place was 17" x 19 3/4 XXR-530 in crome black which looks like gun metal.

Tell me how you like how it looks!
Attached Thumbnails Fuego's Project Car!-front1.jpg   Fuego's Project Car!-front2.jpg   Fuego's Project Car!-rear1.jpg   Fuego's Project Car!-rear2.jpg   Fuego's Project Car!-rear3.jpg  

Old Nov 7, 2012, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Those are some wide wheels for such comparatively slim tires. Are you planning on a more even fitment with the actual 18's you want to get, or are you planning to keep it stretched similar to that?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Those are some wide wheels for such comparatively slim tires. Are you planning on a more even fitment with the actual 18's you want to get, or are you planning to keep it stretched similar to that?
It's what they had for I can see how it looked and fitted those tires so I can have a better look at it. The rims were 9.75 wide and the ones I'm getting are 9.5 and was planning for a more even filliment. What's ur thoughts?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Tranny Update: So Mitsubishi denied my claim but the dealer fought for me and tried their best to help me out. They also advised me to call my insurance company and explain to them everything.

So I called them and explained the whole situation to them. They already setup my claim and I have someone coming to look at my car early next week and they will investigate the issue with the dealer that denied my claim in the first place! Wow, I'm so amazed at how my insurance has been with me thoughout all the issues with the car that was not my fault! Just Amazing!!!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
how many km on your ralliart?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

35k miles / 56k km
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It's what they had for I can see how it looked and fitted those tires so I can have a better look at it. The rims were 9.75 wide and the ones I'm getting are 9.5 and was planning for a more even filliment. What's ur thoughts?
I think that you should do whatever makes you happiest, don't worry about what people on the internet say because it's your car and your money, so you should do what means the most to you.

From a performance standpoint, stretching a tire too far actually loses the purpose of running wide wheels, which is to be able to run wider tires and increase contact area/traction; but if you like the way it looks and don't plan on taking the car to the track on a regular basis, then go for it.

Quick Reply: Fuego's Project Car!