Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fuego's Project Car!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fuego
Here is more pics. The carbon peices won't go on till next month.

How was the fitment? Was the kit made for the Ralliart or did you have to make a lot of adjustments?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliartCol
How was the fitment? Was the kit made for the Ralliart or did you have to make a lot of adjustments?

It's an after market kit so some adjustments had to be made. If you look at page 8 you will see what parts I ordered for the current kit. It was $3500 for the shop to install everything properly and to repaint the whole car. It takes work for them to put the body kit on. It took them 1 month and 1 week with dealing with insurance and start to finish installation. I had to go to the shop a few times for some of the questions that they had.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

The dealership in my area is just plain old CRAZY.

Ok so here is what the dealer said and what's going on! There is water inside my transmission! They also said they won't cover it under warranty. I was like how does the air intake or anything else on the car get water into a sealed transmission? The only mod added to the car has been the intake and boost pill and bother of them will get water into the transmission. So, I drive to the dealership and called Mitsubishi Motors and put a claim with them, they have a case manager calling me to tomorrow about this issue. Before I left the dealer they told me that they have to call higher management and see what they say! So now the dealer story changes! So now I have to wait on the dealer and on Mitsubishi motors to call me.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, there's no way your engine mods caused water in the transmission. Just work with the corporate rep and you should be fine. The dealer, actually, has no authority in the matter because it is such a high-dollar claim, so arguing with them is pretty much futile.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

I been in contact with the rep and it seems the the district manager is the one who is going to be making the shot on whats going on. They said that the transmission is contaminated and the dealer sent pictures and information to the district manager and they are waiting on him. For some reason it changed from having water in the trans to contamination. The claim manager from mitsuishi motors keeps me updated himself and he said he will call me monday with an update.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fuego
I been in contact with the rep and it seems the the district manager is the one who is going to be making the shot on whats going on. They said that the transmission is contaminated and the dealer sent pictures and information to the district manager and they are waiting on him. For some reason it changed from having water in the trans to contamination. The claim manager from mitsuishi motors keeps me updated himself and he said he will call me monday with an update.
I would have to say water in the trans would be considered contamination so it sounds like the same thing just reworded.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

WOW!!! This SUCKS!!! Well the dealer said there is a filter on the SST that was added on to it. So they conclude that who every put it on the car that they must have mixed the fluids. So, the vehicle will not be covered! What can I do? This really does Sucks!!!

I have the transmission fluid at home. Should I replace it and try to figure out what to do?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry the picture is not great but here is how the transmission fluid looks like. Its drained last night and it looked like milk flowing out of my transmission. I'm going to get mineral oil and do a full flush for it. I thought I ordered the transfluid before but I can't find it at all, so I guess I have to wait till it comes it. In the mean time I will find the mineral oil and do that portion.

If chaning the oil does not work then I'm going to be working with SSP. I already contacted Kris and they have been very helpful. I'm just trying to go one step at a time and hoping for the best.
Attached Thumbnails Fuego's Project Car!-photo.jpg   Fuego's Project Car!-1st-log.jpg  

Last edited by Fuego; Aug 2, 2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

HELP!!!

Ok, so here is the update. So the oil has been changed and the car runs great! Then I get this stupid P0007 Code and it all goes to ****!.

I need to pull over and reset the code. It lets me drive for like 5-10 mins with no issues and then it don't let me drive (

Any Idea?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:38 AM
Evolved Member

I did the mineral oil flush 2x.
The first time it was still milky. lol...

2x was clear as can be.

Filled it up with 7.5L

Atleast that rev thing is completely gone and all I get is this stupid code
I'm calling SSP tomorrow and see if they know anything.

I was reading this, but I don't know how to do what they are saying
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...-temp-low.html
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
The 'only' way to get water in the transmission:

Water in the fluid used to service the tranny (who did it? Like this before the first servicing?) from an open container (and not just condensation - i mean a bottle of water))!

The tranny cooler in the radiator is cracked and allowing radiator fluid to migrate into the lower pressure tranny through the cooler (I don't know if we have a 'shared tranny in the radiator' or a stand alone tranny cooler...) If we have the shared systemn - this is the most plausible scenario. Pressure test the tranny cooler (drain, cap and blow (at ~tranny operating psi) pressurized air into it and look for bubbles at the radiator cap). This is needed only if after flush /service the milk of DEATH comes back.

The car was in a flood and water came in through the shaft seal as it sat (then the axles and diff will have the same milky goodness...) Did you buy new or used? I can't remember... ithought you bought new...

So to summarize - does the milk come back ? No? One time event is water at servicing.
If it does come back - the cooler is suspect.

The intake system (cone filter) CAN IN NO WAY INTRODUCE WATER INTO THE TRANNY. That the dealership said this blows me away... [shakes head ruefully] Mitsu would have to produce the engineer that says'that'. Thier dealership 'opinion' is just that...

If it had been water in the engine with cylinders/hydrolocked pistons due to cone filter? Then yes, you eat it (stoopid people pay more when they do stoopid stuff...).

Keep good records of every conversation and keep persisting. Be polite. Be firm. Be nice until nice doesn't work..

Keep going up the food chain at Mitsu until it is resolved.

I hope you get justice!

Last edited by Veronica; Jul 19, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

I'm pretty sure I remember reading the transmission should only be filled with 5.5'ish liters of fluid, if you're still on the stock transmission cooler.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I said the same thing to him by email, lol. But when I checked my actual records, I got 7.4 litres out of my system. Filter changed too. I'm using the stock cooler.

I drained every damn thing I could find and crack open.

Rich
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

I found the documentation that I read that indicates it should be 5.5'ish liters:
SST fill amount

I did a quick google on p0007, and that appears to have something to do with fuel shut off circuit. I could be wrong here, but I don't think the transmission or its fluid would have anything to do with that...

Also, seems Mitsubishi suggests using a different scanner to read the code if your only seeing the P0007 code, because that is a "generic" OBDII code:
Mitsubishi P0007 OBDII code
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by nunyas
I found the documentation that I read that indicates it should be 5.5'ish liters:
However... if you wring every last drop out of it (which you'd want to do if it was previously topped up with full cream milk):

Rich
Attached Thumbnails Fuego's Project Car!-2012.07.20_sst_fluid.png  

Last edited by richardjh; Jul 20, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Fuego's Project Car!