Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fuego's Project Car!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I want more power. lol. So It looks like i'm heading to the EVO X turbo. Seems like you can get a deal in the price for it.

So here is what I'm looking at once I'm done with the body kit project.

Evo X intercooler, turbo
AMS downpipe and HFC (might even get the AMS intercooler)
COBB EVO X Hard Pipe Kit and work with them with a air intake that will work with out removing the battery. ( I believe someone else was able to get that done).
Borla Exhaust. I just like how the Hard Pipe kit looks inside the engine bay. Very Clean looking.

1. Borla Exhaust
2. HFC
3. Intercooler
4. I will probably get the rest around the same time unless I get a great deal on a turbo.

If' I do this, I believe the Evo X UICP and LICP should work with out having to change anything?

Lol yea maybe in a year or two i'll upgrade SST clutch pads but I just can't do everything to fast. Wife will kill me.

Last edited by Fuego; Feb 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

So I was looking at the brake information and did wanted to know if I went with the Evo X size tires, can I get Evo X rotors and things like that?

Ok, So I read a lot of forums on brakes and things like that. The AMS seems like a good price. The Brembo is way to expensive. So I'm just wondering if there is any way to get or use the Evo X setup. maybe even change the hub? I don't know. Just brain storming here. lol.

Last edited by Fuego; Feb 15, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Eric (NFSLancerRA) fabricated a bracket set that would allow you to mount big ol' Chevy Vette C6 calipers on the RA, but there has been a halt in production for now. That may be the way to go as the cost is ridiculously less than any other bbk out there and everyone who has done the swap swears by it. If you're not in a hurry, it could be worth waiting for.

As far as an intake for the X swap that keeps your factory battery location, CBRD makes one you can see here: http://cbrd.mybigcommerce.com/cbrd-r...-turbocharger/
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Unfortunately no. I've tried ever possibly configuration to get an X caliper on, it just wont work. The bolting holes don't line up, but they also overlap (can't use a bracket). The hub is swapable but the the calipers don't bolt on to it (I tried that route as well). You need to either find a caliper that is roughly the same size with completely different bolt holes (like NFS did) and make a bracket, or buy a pre-made kit. I'm going Stop Tech.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Eric (NFSLancerRA) fabricated a bracket set that would allow you to mount big ol' Chevy Vette C6 calipers on the RA, but there has been a halt in production for now. That may be the way to go as the cost is ridiculously less than any other bbk out there and everyone who has done the swap swears by it. If you're not in a hurry, it could be worth waiting for.

As far as an intake for the X swap that keeps your factory battery location, CBRD makes one you can see here: http://cbrd.mybigcommerce.com/cbrd-r...-turbocharger/
No doubt! I'm keeping an eye out for that bracket. I was just brainstorming.

I was looking for something like that but a shorter RAM so I don't have to relocate battery. I think it will look really clean that way.

Originally Posted by spider21
Thought I would share the completed engine bay look after moving my battery to the hatch

Originally Posted by sstevojr
Unfortunately no. I've tried ever possibly configuration to get an X caliper on, it just wont work. The bolting holes don't line up, but they also overlap (can't use a bracket). The hub is swapable but the the calipers don't bolt on to it (I tried that route as well). You need to either find a caliper that is roughly the same size with completely different bolt holes (like NFS did) and make a bracket, or buy a pre-made kit. I'm going Stop Tech.
Thanks for the info sstevojr! mind was going so I thought I asked. I figured someone already did all the leg work on that, just wanted to ask since it was brainstorming.

Last edited by Fuego; Feb 16, 2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The CBRD option is a SRI that allows for stock battery location on the RA. It was designed specifically for that purpose. You can pm CBRD on here for more info
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fuego
So I was looking at the brake information and did wanted to know if I went with the Evo X size tires, can I get Evo X rotors and things like that?

Ok, So I read a lot of forums on brakes and things like that. The AMS seems like a good price. The Brembo is way to expensive. So I'm just wondering if there is any way to get or use the Evo X setup. maybe even change the hub? I don't know. Just brain storming here. lol.
So, you can't swap the hubs. You might be able to get away with using Evo VIII calipers, but there will be some pad overlap. I am working on bringing the kit back. It shouldn't be more than a few weeks until that is complete.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
The CBRD option is a SRI that allows for stock battery location on the RA. It was designed specifically for that purpose. You can pm CBRD on here for more info
Found the answer here. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...ng-issues.html
The Intake comes with the filter. I wish they had a picture of the filter with the intake because it will make it easier to see that it is complete. I was wondering what else I had to get with it.

Thanks 03chi-town0Z for the help!

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
So, you can't swap the hubs. You might be able to get away with using Evo VIII calipers, but there will be some pad overlap. I am working on bringing the kit back. It shouldn't be more than a few weeks until that is complete.
NFS sign me up! Just wondering what is everything that the kit will have?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fuego
NFS sign me up! Just wondering what is everything that the kit will have?
Brackets, Hardware, Evo X StopTech Rotors, Lines, Kore3 Calipers, and Hawk HP+ Pads. The goal is $1,000 starting price for the whole kit. If I buy rotors in bulk, I may be able to provide better rotors at a cheaper cost than anyone could by buying them individually.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Brackets, Hardware, Evo X StopTech Rotors, Lines, Kore3 Calipers, and Hawk HP+ Pads. The goal is $1,000 starting price for the whole kit. If I buy rotors in bulk, I may be able to provide better rotors at a cheaper cost than anyone could by buying them individually.
Awesome! I'm waiting then. lol... Will it be just front brakes or both front and rear?

New update. I'm ordering the new body kit next week. I'm also trying to get the Evoscan GPS(still reading more information on it), Borla Exhaust, the HFC, and Intercooler.

After reading about the RAD Turbo I'm very intrested but for now I'm going to add everything else I need except for the Turbo and DP till I make my decision about Evo X or RAD Turbo. Seems like I can make the same power. Either way I will be doing all the work myself so I'm not worried about labor cost or even the price of the parts. I just want something that works for me! What I like about the RAD is I can slowly upgrade everything and then just slap it in when I feel ready and max out the potential of the Stock Turbo. With the Evo X on I have to do a few piece at once.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Just the front.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Just the front.
Intresting. Just wondering why there is nothing for the rear?

Like a 4 pistons for the back. I think it would be a great combo.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

because his test bed was totaled before he could finalize the parts for the rear
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nunyas
because his test bed was totaled before he could finalize the parts for the rear
I miss that car.

They were done and working. I just need to access the original designs. That is a $3k upgrade (6/4 piston calipers). For most people, the front only upgrade is perfect.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nunyas

Yes and that is very sad. Again just wondering so thats why I ask. I know most of the kits out there are only front to for our car so I was just wondering if he was never able to get to it because it was totalled or it was not in the plans.

I miss that car.

They were done and working. I just need to access the original designs. That is a $3k upgrade (6/4 piston calipers). For most people, the front only upgrade is perfect.
I hope you do offer because I know I would be interested in it. I'm looking to do some show and things like that in El Paso with my car and some track. Of course for me it's to get the body kit on it first.

Last edited by Fuego; Feb 17, 2012 at 09:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Fuego's Project Car!