Notices

Coilover recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Evo Men and Women.....Im new to all this I have been reading alot of all your feedback and it has helped me due to my inexperience to all this technology ...I have purchased a 2012 evo X love the car always did. Finally have one and would like to get the best handling out of it as possible.It already handles good but my goal is great. It is not a daily driver .I will track the car at Watkins Glen and Montecello Raceway Etc. I live in the rural mountains in upstate new york and would like to also go ***** to the wall on the back roads were i live when i take it out. I have just bought Hotckis swaybars front and rear and would like to get coilovers for it. I have sold my buisness so right now money isnt an issue so i was wondering if any of you experienced evo tracker or rallyers could steer me in the right direction. Im looking at K&W clubsport ...Ohlin Road and Track or TTR ...or Cusco Comp Zero 3X...Do any of you have any advice or have used these with positive or negative feed back? Thank you very much and i wish all of you safe driving your all awesome for the help you give others.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by victor lupo
Hello Evo Men and Women.....Im new to all this I have been reading alot of all your feedback and it has helped me due to my inexperience to all this technology ...I have purchased a 2012 evo X love the car always did. Finally have one and would like to get the best handling out of it as possible.It already handles good but my goal is great. It is not a daily driver .I will track the car at Watkins Glen and Montecello Raceway Etc. I live in the rural mountains in upstate new york and would like to also go ***** to the wall on the back roads were i live when i take it out. I have just bought Hotckis swaybars front and rear and would like to get coilovers for it. I have sold my buisness so right now money isnt an issue so i was wondering if any of you experienced evo tracker or rallyers could steer me in the right direction. Im looking at K&W clubsport ...Ohlin Road and Track or TTR ...or Cusco Comp Zero 3X...Do any of you have any advice or have used these with positive or negative feed back? Thank you very much and i wish all of you safe driving your all awesome for the help you give others.
Hey Victor, There isn't going to be a shortage of people with opinions on what coilover works best. But the best recommendation I can give you would be to go to local Evo car meets and talk in person with other car owners that have different suspension setups. This way you can get first hand feedback and go for a drive as a passenger to get the feel, if they are a friendly bunch they may let you drive it (errr maybe). Purchasing a Tier one expensive suspension system is a large investment and while they do hold their value, you want to get it right the first time around.