Notices
View Poll Results: Are you interested in the Blitz Throttle Controller after knowing what it does?
Yes
85.29%
No
14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Throttle Controller for Evolution X (and possible for Ralliart)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The RA has throtle lag. dont know if u know this.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
And? Almost all cars have lag of some sort. However, it's important to realize what that lag actually is. Since the Ralliart is turboed, is it true throttle lag or turbo lag? Are people confusing boost threshold for throttle lag (ie. stamping the gas at 2500 RPM and not noticing acceleration until 3200 RPM)? The way these products work is by amplifying the signal from the gas pedal to the throttle sensor/ECU, that's it. It allows you to hit WOT pedal position faster, it doesn't change the tune or anything like that.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Yes throtle lag. you press the gas and wait, wait, wait, then you start to go. It happens with daily driving and with sporty driving. The rpms dont move until the car starts to move.its like a delayed reaction. I would say 1.5 to 2 sec after you press or stomp the peddal. 1.5 sec is alot of time when it counts. Do you even drive an RA or a MR?????
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gccruz
Yes throtle lag. you press the gas and wait, wait, wait, then you start to go. It happens with daily driving and with sporty driving. The rpms dont move until the car starts to move.its like a delayed reaction. I would say 1.5 to 2 sec after you press or stomp the peddal. 1.5 sec is alot of time when it counts. Do you even drive an RA or a MR?????
And what RPM are you at, 2000 RPM or 6000 RPM? If the delay is as long as you suggest, it's likely not throttle lag. How much lag do people really think is in a fully electronic system? If what you're experiencing is throttle lag, how can a product that amplifies the signal have any affect on it? It allows you to hit WOT at a throttle pedal position not normally associated with WOT, that's it. It's not a magic box that will change the way the ECU operates or the way the car feels. Did you notice that even the people who make these products state they won't make you faster, they'll simply make you feel faster? If you want to feel faster, you can pay me 300$ and I'll PM you everyday to say your car is fast.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
And what RPM are you at, 2000 RPM or 6000 RPM? If the delay is as long as you suggest, it's likely not throttle lag. How much lag do people really think is in a fully electronic system? If what you're experiencing is throttle lag, how can a product that amplifies the signal have any affect on it? It allows you to hit WOT at a throttle pedal position not normally associated with WOT, that's it. It's not a magic box that will change the way the ECU operates or the way the car feels. Did you notice that even the people who make these products state they won't make you faster, they'll simply make you feel faster? If you want to feel faster, you can pay me 300$ and I'll PM you everyday to say your car is fast.
Really! you'll do that for little ol' me. G i feel special I know it doesn't make any faster. it makes the signal faster/stronger. that will increase reaction time. how bout you rent or borrow a RA and see what we are talking about. Then you might understand!
DONE!
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

No, it won't. How do you make a signal faster? We're talking about electricity here. You cannot make it stronger either, there is a maximum limit for the signal and when that's hit, that's it. Surprise, surprise, it's hit when you go WOT. All these products do is trick the car into thinking you're mashing the pedal when you're not.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

PLEASE tell me you're joking? Or exaggerating for Amby's benefit? When releasing the brake it takes a tiny bit for full engagement, (how a throttle controller would help gear engagement I don't get) But if you're sitting for 1.5-2secs before you go, you really need to get your car checked man. I never experienced anything close to those times, before or after a tune.
Originally Posted by gccruz
I would say 1.5 to 2 sec after you press or stomp the peddal.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

if you smash the gas the car will "think" about leaving but it won't take more than 1 second to do that...
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

I thought this amplifies the drive by wire current. Meaning when your push the gas pedal the same amount the throttle body butterfly opens more or faster than without the controller....

Something like if you push the pedal 3/4 of the way down, it's WOT now.
Also, kind of like tightening a throttle cable way so much that it keeps the butterfly almost open or stuck.

It cost to much for what it is.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drows
PLEASE tell me you're joking? Or exaggerating for Amby's benefit? When releasing the brake it takes a tiny bit for full engagement, (how a throttle controller would help gear engagement I don't get) But if you're sitting for 1.5-2secs before you go, you really need to get your car checked man. I never experienced anything close to those times, before or after a tune.
It is exaggreated a little, but when my wife who really don't know crap about cars notices it. cmon thats bad. if u drive it everyday u conpensate for it. it is something that needs to be addresed.