Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time flasher....

I just got the Openport, and loaded the GST basemap onto my stock everything '09 RA.

Started her up, the check engine light came on, and remains lit. This is not a 'feature' I take it... what did I do wrong?

The car feels fine. I was hesitant at first as expected, but after a warm up period I increasingly gave it more boot. Still short of WOT yet, as I don't know the cause of that CEL, but I believe the car is behaving as it should in all aspects. Transmission shifts are the most notable improvement for me, and that alone makes it a worthwhile upgrade - however that CEL still has me worried. Any troubleshooting steps/guides to address this issue much appreciated.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Onyx1607

I just got the Openport, and loaded the GST basemap onto my stock everything '09 RA.

Started her up, the check engine light came on, and remains lit. This is not a 'feature' I take it... what did I do wrong?

The car feels fine. I was hesitant at first as expected, but after a warm up period I increasingly gave it more boot. Still short of WOT yet, as I don't know the cause of that CEL, but I believe the car is behaving as it should in all aspects. Transmission shifts are the most notable improvement for me, and that alone makes it a worthwhile upgrade - however that CEL still has me worried. Any troubleshooting steps/guides to address this issue much appreciated.
Been asked many many times, but since I am not familiar with the openport its hard to say if its the same as ecuflash. However, with ecuflash, you MUST choose the clear DTCs option after flashing to clear the CEL. Good luck.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Onyx1607

After you read you ECU with ECUFlash you have to clear the Codes, in the procsess of reading you ECU it sets of a **** ton of Codes. After you clear them and you start driving the car, then and only then shoud you worry about CEL's. I have forgotten to not clear my CEL, after reading the ecu then my light came on and i freaked out so i had to go to Auto zone or some where for them to tell me what the codes were, i didnt have my laptop with me for me to check. Then i remebered i didnt clear my codes. Come home and till this day still no CEL. Long story short just clear the codes then you will be G2G!!
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

the newest version of ECUFlash is not able to clear DTCs, you have to use EvoScan to clear the codes
Old Jun 16, 2012, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by nunyas
the newest version of ECUFlash is not able to clear DTCs, you have to use EvoScan to clear the codes
Guess its a good thing I use an old version then....
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:46 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. ECUFlash v1.42 - clear DTC menu option seems to be a shortcut to crash the application. How far earlier do I go to get a working clear DTC?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm using 1.43.3150, and it clears DTCs just fine.

I don't want to "upgrade" to the version of EcuFlash that no longer offers "Clear DTCs". It seems like a big step backwards!

If I remember correctly, the reason the engine light comes on after flashing is that the ECU is seen as going AWOL while the operation is in progress. Comms timeout, or some such thing. It's a two-step operation - flash, clear.

Rich
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just FYI, if you flash your ECU and you have a CEL, don't drive the car hard until you know why it's on. That's a disaster waiting to happen. Be aware that after flashing the ECU, you have to clear the DTC's, otherwise once you hit boost you'll trigger a CEL and go into limp mode. There's a certain code that needs to be cleared after reflashing.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rich, loaded up Balance 21, so far so good. Shifts in Sport seem to be firmer yet quicker. I did get a chance to drive in Normal Auto and it seemed fine.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

anyone have the aeroforce interceptor gauge here? i have it and it reads basically anything you would need it to.. reads and clears DTCs real simply too.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, first time I tried logging. I'm using windows 7 and it would not let me use EvoScan 6, the error I got was that the openport 2.0 is not connected. So I downloaded EvoScan 7 and it worked properly.

"Check off only these parameters to log:

Throttle Posn
2-Byte RPM
Load (Fuel)
TimingAdv
Knock Sum
PSIG
ActiveWGDC
ActiveWGDCC (Wastegate Duty Cycle correction)
Intake Air Temp
Manifold Air Temp
Coolant Temp
"

Some are different in EvoScan 7.
"RPM
Speed
Load(Fuel)
Boost
knock Sum
Timing Advance
ActiveWGDC
ActiveWGDCC (Wastegate Duty Cycle correction)
Intake Air Temp
Manifold Air Temp
Engine Coolant Temp
Barometer

So I did my best to match what you showed above. I tried to do a full sweep in 3rd gear. I have the LC-1 WB connected to the Openport 2.0

I wish I could find the exact best way to log, step by step, but I tried my best. If you have time can you check my file?

The other thing is that my computer crashed and I lost my original 2009 map :-(

If there is anything that I can do or change please let me know.
Attached Files
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:14 PM

Hey guys,

Quick question to anyone that has a boostpill and TBE, and tried the "2.7 boostpill and TBE base flash"... did you notice a good increase in hp/tq? . I would like to know if its worth getting the TurboXS catback exhaust system for less than $550? (which will give me a complete TBE). thanks in advance.

Also, thanks "richardjh" for the awesome balance 21 base flash that you have done!!! Loving it! The gear changes are really good, and feel snappy.

Last edited by Silver09RA; Jun 18, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:10 PM

Ok guys I know I don't post very often but I have been flashing the car for two years with no problems. Apparently I had a total retard moment and forgot to put my boost pill in. I ran the newest version flash for 93 oct TBE and boost pill. The only reason I noticed is I have been driving the car very normal (very rarely use WOT), until today. I was racing a buddy home, I hammered on it and my but dyno told me something wasn't right. So I let off on the throttle and drove normal all the way home. Popped my hood and to my horror I forgot to put the boost pill in .My question is; How much damage do you think my idiot mistake caused? Please don't sugar coat it. Please note that I am kicking my own retarded *** right now so try and keep the flamming to a minimum. Thanks for your time and advice.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by Daitonsralliart
Ok guys I know I don't post very often but I have been flashing the car for two years with no problems. Apparently I had a total retard moment and forgot to put my boost pill in. I ran the newest version flash for 93 oct TBE and boost pill. The only reason I noticed is I have been driving the car very normal (very rarely use WOT), until today. I was racing a buddy home, I hammered on it and my but dyno told me something wasn't right. So I let off on the throttle and drove normal all the way home. Popped my hood and to my horror I forgot to put the boost pill in .My question is; How much damage do you think my idiot mistake caused? Please don't sugar coat it. Please note that I am kicking my own retarded *** right now so try and keep the flamming to a minimum. Thanks for your time and advice.

Probably nothing. The car would run very low boost using the OEM Boost pill but a upgraded boost pill basemap.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Don't worry - you're not the first!

"Stock pill fitted and boostpill ROM" is FAR better than the other way round.

The boostpill tune would have been asking for around 65% boost control solenoid duty cycle. With stock pill fitted, that's not much boost.

Rich

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap