Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Can you give more info/description?

Cheers,

Rich
Sorry for bad English. In the mode "D" gear upshift depends on the throttle, I think that when throttle 70% of the gear upshift must occur in 4000-4500rpm, but actually shifting occurs in 5500. It depends on the SST maps?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by CFMP RAblue
This intrigued me as I just recently install the Magnaflow catback (3'' mandrel bend, wicked sound) I was just at the drag strip today runnin 2.7 bal 20 and had some crazy knock ie 15, 10, 8, 12. It seemed only to start knockin after 4800rpm, normal drivin even like 70% throttle was fine 1 or no knock.

I flashed back to 2.5 and the knock was less 10 peak but still ugly.

The end result I ended up increasin fuel by .7 in the WOT section and got it under a single 4 count. Did most testin on a country road as it rained a bit on the track and they delay.

Any idea why this is rich?
Thanks for sharing your info. So as Rich says, we pretty much need a custom tune? Thanks again to Rich for the great help.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont quite think custom just a little tweak, this was the first time I ever touched a map. I just followed merlins guide
Old Jun 28, 2012, 03:06 AM
Evolving Member

Hi, I think this is my first post on this forum.. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Razorlab and Richardjh for their work. I've flashed to v2.7 balance 21 and i have to say normal auto is excellently smooth.

Can someone help me here? i'm trying to log using evoscan 2.9 and virtual dyno... i get crap like this:

i've selected openport 2.0, CAN 2006+/evo x and ecu Mod 23/jpn/eu/au EVOX.. what is wrong here? or should i just log using tactrix using SD card via logcfg.txt ... anybody have config to log by pressing some button on the car?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

been running balance 21 for a week now and wow what a difference great job guys i dont know how your gonna improve this one. youve really out done yourself here
Old Jun 28, 2012, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

props to bryan for the work on these

but over time I'm surprised at how spoiled RA owners are getting by these basemaps and being cheap (complaining a tune is too expensive, but buying more mods because there's a basemap available)

don't forget people that these are BASEMAPS. a real tune is still better. if you loved what the basemap gave you, pay bryan for a REAL tune for your car
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by tencents
Can someone help me here? i'm trying to log using evoscan 2.9 and virtual dyno... i get crap like this:
lol, a child has drawn all over your dyno chart!

It could be junk source data in the .csv from dodgy logging... but it's probably VD having a problem with too much information. Try making an edited .csv containing just the "pull" itself, from just before you go wide-open-throttle to just after.

That means messing about in Excel, or some editor... then selecting that file instead of the "full" one.

Originally Posted by Rog96
been running balance 21 for a week now and wow what a difference great job guys i dont know how your gonna improve this one. youve really out done yourself here
Excellent, thanks! But there's always "one more thing" to improve, lol. Right now, I'm running table changes that give:

- Less chance of knock during spool-up (without affecting main-map timing).
- Less slippy 1st-to-2nd upshift at mid-throttle, high rpm.
- Less "pause" when going sudden WOT from idle when stationary (using a throttle limiter trick posted by "hiboost").

I'm going to wrap these up into a new beta soon.

Originally Posted by Exyia
props to bryan for the work on these

but over time I'm surprised at how spoiled RA owners are getting by these basemaps and being cheap (complaining a tune is too expensive, but buying more mods because there's a basemap available)

don't forget people that these are BASEMAPS. a real tune is still better. if you loved what the basemap gave you, pay bryan for a REAL tune for your car
Indeed. The bell-curve concept is important to keep in mind. Each car will be at a different place in the bell-curve. Getting it perfect for your car is a matter of fine-tuning boost, MIVEC, fuel and timing... and then it'll feel even better! Safer too, as attention has been paid to each area on your specific vehicle.

There's a lot of tuning tech built into these base maps - stuff like boost control ROM patches - so they are a great starting point for a tune...

Rich

Last edited by richardjh; Jun 28, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Excellent, thanks! But there's always "one more thing" to improve, lol. Right now, I'm running table changes that give:

- Less chance of knock during spool-up (without affecting main-map timing).
- Less slippy 1st-to-2nd upshift at mid-throttle, high rpm.
- Less "pause" when going sudden WOT from idle when stationary (using a throttle limiter trick posted by "hiboost").

I'm going to wrap these up into a new beta soon.
This is exactly the reason I'm waiting to get a custom dyno-tune. Once Rich tells us for certain that he's DONE improving these basemaps, then(and only then) will I be willing to put down a few hundred bucks to get a custom dyno-tune using the final version of the GST basemap that has every improvement we can possibly have!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Ah, okay! So you want me to stop!

Sure - I can do that. Excellent suggestion! Guys, it's all on Slee256 when I call it a day on this project.

Rich
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:10 PM

Ah, okay! So you want me to stop!

Sure - I can do that. Excellent suggestion! Guys, it's all on Slee256 when I call it a day on this project.

Rich

soon some 2012 raw data will be rolling around and it will be like human blood to sharks
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Seriously, though, we probably do need to wrap this phase up. The beta releases have been rolling on, but it's gonna be good to have proper versions available for download from the first post of this thread.

This weekend, I'll put my latest tweaks into the ROMs and send them all off to Bryan for review. Watch this space...

Rich
Old Jun 29, 2012, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Donations help Richards research go faster.

I am serious too, if you feel that the base maps have done you nothing but good, consider giving $20. Anything helps!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

keep your great work up richardjh
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crak
Donations help Richards research go faster.

I am serious too, if you feel that the base maps have done you nothing but good, consider giving $20. Anything helps!
I don't think he ever posted any Paypal info on where to send donations...
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
I don't think he ever posted any Paypal info on where to send donations...
You can paypal Rich using this username: raxpatch@gmail.com

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap