2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For 09 usdm ralliart, it doesnt work.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 03:56 PM

Hi, I'm new to the Ralliart world, I have a 2012 RA and I would like to run the 2011 basemap with a boost pill. Is it possible ? or I have to wait until it release for the 2012 model ?

Thanks !
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by Pat Arbour
Hi, I'm new to the Ralliart world, I have a 2012 RA and I would like to run the 2011 basemap with a boost pill. Is it possible ? or I have to wait until it release for the 2012 model ?

Thanks !

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/10...-post3316.html
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi. You can try a pre-release 2012 ROM in post #3316 above.

Rich
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:32 PM

Thanks a lot ! I will have my first checkup in a week or 2, then I will try this map with the boost pill I ordered. I will let you know what happen !

Thanks again !
Old Jul 24, 2012, 04:42 PM

so im getting interface close when i try to read from my ecu with my tactrix. tried it out for the first time today, several times now and keep getting the same result. any help?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Try Googling this forum! "site:evolutionm.net interface close", if you haven't already. Also "site:evoxforums.com interface close".

Before getting into obscure stuff, first make sure you're doing it right. See here for my own notes in full.

For the short form:

First EcuFlash Read

Run up EcuFlash.

From the pull-down menu, Select "ECU" -> "Read from ECU".

Choose: Mitsubishi / ALL / CAN VEHICLES / 2006+

EcuFlash will tell you to turn on the vehicle ignition. Do so... 2 clicks only... don't actually start the car. Your stereo, fans and/or headlights may come on - switch them off.

Press OK on EcuFlash.

All sorts of exciting stuff will now happen in the car! Fans will run, pinging noises will go off, warning messages will appear on the multi-function display, air-raid sirens will sound, you name it.

Meanwhile, on the laptop, the "Task Info" pane will show the operation in progress.

Once it's done, it will tell you to switch off the ignition if you're finished.

For reference, I use EcuFlash 1.43.3150 on XP.

Good luck.

Rich
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by richardjh
Try Googling this forum! "site:evolutionm.net interface close", if you haven't already. Also "site:evoxforums.com interface close".

Before getting into obscure stuff, first make sure you're doing it right. See here for my own notes in full.

For the short form:

First EcuFlash Read

Run up EcuFlash.

From the pull-down menu, Select "ECU" -> "Read from ECU".

Choose: Mitsubishi / ALL / CAN VEHICLES / 2006+

EcuFlash will tell you to turn on the vehicle ignition. Do so... 2 clicks only... don't actually start the car. Your stereo, fans and/or headlights may come on - switch them off.

Press OK on EcuFlash.

All sorts of exciting stuff will now happen in the car! Fans will run, pinging noises will go off, warning messages will appear on the multi-function display, air-raid sirens will sound, you name it.

Meanwhile, on the laptop, the "Task Info" pane will show the operation in progress.

Once it's done, it will tell you to switch off the ignition if you're finished.

For reference, I use EcuFlash 1.43.3150 on XP.

Good luck.

Rich
Thanks rich, i actually figured out what i was doing wrong before i read this but you once again were able to provide all the information i would have needed. It took maybe 10 different youtube videos before someone actually said "select your vehicle type" ... all i was doing was scrolling to the bottom and it let me run without selecting anything, hence the error. but once i selected mitsubishi 06+ it ran perfectly. I was able to save my stock rom and then clear all my check codes and start the car perfectly. Thanks so much for simply providing a clear answer and not judging me because im a complete noob at this. We definitely could use more people like you

As a side note, I normally would have spent more time googling and searching the forum but my daughter was waiting for me to take her for ice cream and i wanted to just verify my tactrix was working and save a copy of my stock rom. Thanks again.

Last edited by jtanda430; Jul 24, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jtanda430
As a side note, I normally would have spent more time googling and searching the forum but my daughter was waiting for me to take her for ice cream and i wanted to just verify my tactrix was working and save a copy of my stock rom. Thanks again.
Never, EVER read or write your ECU when your daughter/spouse is waiting for a trip to ice-cream.

Rich
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by richardjh
Never, EVER read or write your ECU when your daughter/spouse is waiting for a trip to ice-cream.

Rich
Advice noted
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:10 PM

If I replace just the downpipe and hi-flow cat (without the catback), which map should I use? I'm currently running "v2.7 Stock RA + BoostPill upgrade".
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by user02391x
If I replace just the downpipe and hi-flow cat (without the catback), which map should I use? I'm currently running "v2.7 Stock RA + BoostPill upgrade".
You would use the exact same map. If you upgrade your catback then you can use boostpill + Turbo back exhaust.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 03:56 PM

I tried to find it by myself but I guess I don't have the right words, Can you please help me to find or tell me what to do or what to avoid with those map, driving easy the first 1000km or don't go WOT when you're at the stopped. Do you recommand going manual all the time or in sport mode most of the time ? I really don't want to do something that will messed up the car.

looking forward to your comment
thanks !
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

I tried to find it by myself but I guess I don't have the right words, Can you please help me to find or tell me what to do or what to avoid with those map, driving easy the first 1000km or don't go WOT when you're at the stopped. Do you recommand going manual all the time or in sport mode most of the time ? I really don't want to do something that will messed up the car.

looking forward to your comment
thanks !
Most of the people agree that driving in sport-manual will preserve your sst rather than normal mode.
Other than that don't get caught by police
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Can you please help me to find or tell me what to do or what to avoid with those map, driving easy the first 1000km or don't go WOT when you're at the stopped.
Log, log, log!

It's a very good idea to get something like Evoscan or "Tactrix standalone" logging going. Log the essential stuff - boost, rpm, load, knocksum, fuel trims. There are threads. Learn how to read the logs, or post them up here.

I'd strongly advise against thrashing the engine if you don't have logging.

Once you've got logging, you'll be in a position to confirm healthy engine behaviour. Then...

- Sure you can go WOT from standing start.
- No, you don't need to take it easy.

Do you recommand going manual all the time or in sport mode most of the time ?
You can use whatever transmission mode you want. The latest "v30 beta" maps are pretty tight in NORMAL mode.

Be aware that AUTO mode tries to use very low revs, which the engine really doesn't like. Personally, I wouldn't apply any throttle at all in 4th-6th gear below 2000rpm... I use NORMAL/MANUAL or SPORT/MANUAL, and choose a gear that delivers some revs that the turbocharger can actually work with.

Treat it like a manual car and you won't go far wrong. For example, downshift then accelerate. That's what I do, anyway.

Oh, and try to avoid bouncing off the rev limiter.

Rich

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap