Notices

Ultimate Racing = Ultimate Customer Service and Products

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Ultimate Racing = Ultimate Customer Service and Products

I just had my UR catback system installed...SOUNDS F%^ING AMAZING. Not the least bit ricey. Has a nice deep growl to it. The CSR I spoke with when ordering answered all my (noob) questions. I highly recommend them. I will be getting my UICP/LICP and IC from them also. Will post pics and if I can find a decent recording insturment to capture the deep growl. I will be posting sound clips/video. Hope this helps anyone looking to upgrade their stock Ralliart exaust.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

^ I am happy with my UR Catback and UICP. Your not alone

In fact I often turn down the stereo to hear my exhaust.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by radriver
in fact i often turn down the stereo to hear my exhaust.
me too!
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:59 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RADriver
^ I am happy with my UR Catback and UICP. Your not alone

In fact I often turn down the stereo to hear my exhaust.

haha i thought i was the only one who did this

and too think we live in the same city even!

But yes, the UR exhaust is unmatched and untouched in my opinion.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Turn down your stereo? well ****.. i gotta turn my stereo way up to hear it over my exhaust.

But yes.. I enjoy my UR exhaust 100% Only downside is i had a bit of fitment issue that i had to get sorted out.. Other then that.. Its great!
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:26 PM

Getting this exhaust to Australia

I want this exhaust for my Ralliart! Only problem is i went on the website and they dont have any options to get it to Australia. Any chance you could find out for me if they will post one here its Adelaide Australia 5008 Im after only the muffler section on the website.

Cheers,
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must say, I spoke with someone from UR awhile back about replacement intercooler piping, and he was incredibly helpful. I am 100% with this thread. Two thumbs way up. Their muffler looks great, it sounds great, too.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jyrk
Turn down your stereo? well ****.. i gotta turn my stereo way up to hear it over my exhaust.

But yes.. I enjoy my UR exhaust 100% Only downside is i had a bit of fitment issue that i had to get sorted out.. Other then that.. Its great!
What was the fitment issue and what was the fix?

-Taranis
Old Feb 26, 2010, 08:46 AM

Did you guys went with the resonator, mini-muffler or both for the midpipe option ? waiting for the summer to get the turboback, but dont know what i should get
Old Feb 26, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

I went with the Buschur Racing exhaust, but i might get the UR IC and IC pipping
Old Feb 26, 2010, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Taranis
What was the fitment issue and what was the fix?

-Taranis

I had a shop do the install work.. I go there alot for all my little things so they give me great prices. Well the drivers side tip was raised up almost touching the bumper because the muffler hanger seemed to be fab'd at the wrong height. Which caused the whole exhaust to be shiffted over a bit and it caused my mid pipe to be touching/rubbing the undercarriage.

Had it in the shop 3x trying to fix the issue..
First time we spent over 2 hours unbolting and rebolting it.. holding/pushing and bolting.. tried everything to get it to not rub against the underbody of the car, we got it close where it was just touching the heatshield very little, and it didn't seem to rattle or make any noise. A day of driving it worked it self back over and caused some noise. So i brought it back in and we got that sorted out, we wanted to fix the tip issue because it was slightly turning my bumper yellow in a small spot because it was so close but didn't have time.

3rd time we got the tip lowered so it was sitting level with the other side and everything is great now.

Even with the minor issues I've had with it.. Im very happy with it, and all my UR parts, They are great guys and try to work with you.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jyrk
I had a shop do the install work.. I go there alot for all my little things so they give me great prices. Well the drivers side tip was raised up almost touching the bumper because the muffler hanger seemed to be fab'd at the wrong height. Which caused the whole exhaust to be shiffted over a bit and it caused my mid pipe to be touching/rubbing the undercarriage.

Had it in the shop 3x trying to fix the issue..
First time we spent over 2 hours unbolting and rebolting it.. holding/pushing and bolting.. tried everything to get it to not rub against the underbody of the car, we got it close where it was just touching the heatshield very little, and it didn't seem to rattle or make any noise. A day of driving it worked it self back over and caused some noise. So i brought it back in and we got that sorted out, we wanted to fix the tip issue because it was slightly turning my bumper yellow in a small spot because it was so close but didn't have time.

3rd time we got the tip lowered so it was sitting level with the other side and everything is great now.

Even with the minor issues I've had with it.. Im very happy with it, and all my UR parts, They are great guys and try to work with you.
Glad you got it fixed at least. Almost the exact same thing happened when I had a Borla exhaust put on my MZ3; it was rubbing on the heat shield and making an ungodly vibration sound. They ended up having to modify the hangers to get it to sit properly, but was good after that. Definitely a nice feeling once you get the kinks worked out though!

-Taranis