Notices

Benchflash questions

Old Apr 23, 2016, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benchflash questions

So I've got a 2012 RA now that we've had since February. Mods that I know of are
AMS intake.
AMS uicp.
Evo X intercooler.
Evo X bov.
Large unk manufacturer exhaust. (Loud)
The car has been previously tuned and if you've seen my other threads there's a slight issue with it I want to get sorted so we can have no problems in the coming years. Basically when we bought it I had a lot of flutter and spongey gas pedal. Got rid of the after market bov and bought an Evo X metal one. That problem averted. Now who or wherever it was tuned locked the ecu. Before changing the bov it pulled 261whp and I think 253tq at Buschur's shop but he couldn't access the ecu to change anything. I'm getting knock (light flashing) at wot and I want to eliminate that. I also don't need the stock turbo running 26.5lbs of boost. Not necessary for our uses. So I've been in contact with Chad at CBRD and he says he can bench flash the ecu for us. We can bring the car there which is about a 5 hour drive each way or I can send him the ecu. If I were to send the ecu doesn't the car still need tuned? Can you tune an ecu without the car on a dyno? Will this permanently unlock the ecu so I can have it tuned again some time in the future if I add anything?
I've learned a lot in the last two months but still have much to learn. Thanks for any help.

Kris
Old Apr 23, 2016, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigasshammm
So I've got a 2012 RA now that we've had since February. Mods that I know of are
AMS intake.
AMS uicp.
Evo X intercooler.
Evo X bov.
Large unk manufacturer exhaust. (Loud)
The car has been previously tuned and if you've seen my other threads there's a slight issue with it I want to get sorted so we can have no problems in the coming years. Basically when we bought it I had a lot of flutter and spongey gas pedal. Got rid of the after market bov and bought an Evo X metal one. That problem averted. Now who or wherever it was tuned locked the ecu. Before changing the bov it pulled 261whp and I think 253tq at Buschur's shop but he couldn't access the ecu to change anything. I'm getting knock (light flashing) at wot and I want to eliminate that. I also don't need the stock turbo running 26.5lbs of boost. Not necessary for our uses. So I've been in contact with Chad at CBRD and he says he can bench flash the ecu for us. We can bring the car there which is about a 5 hour drive each way or I can send him the ecu. If I were to send the ecu doesn't the car still need tuned? Can you tune an ecu without the car on a dyno? Will this permanently unlock the ecu so I can have it tuned again some time in the future if I add anything?
I've learned a lot in the last two months but still have much to learn. Thanks for any help.

Kris
Why don't you just ask Chad at CBRD all these questions?
Old Apr 24, 2016, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have but then the email streams seem to come to an end. I'm sure they're busy and I don't want to be a nuisance but before I commit to a 10hr rd trip drive I need to know what exactly I'm getting into. Figured some here would have experience with this so I'd have more info to go by.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigasshammm
I have but then the email streams seem to come to an end. I'm sure they're busy and I don't want to be a nuisance but before I commit to a 10hr rd trip drive I need to know what exactly I'm getting into. Figured some here would have experience with this so I'd have more info to go by.
Yes, I had the same lack of communication from Chad at CBRD, so that's why I stopped dealing with them completely. Customer Service was lousy. It's a shame too, because they actually do good work once they finally get around to getting the car in their shop.