Notices

Request on How to: Remove Light for Wheel Sensor on Panel Control

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Request on How to: Remove Light for Wheel Sensor on Panel Control

When u install Aftermarket wheels ... n u forget bout the sensor... (like me) lol
how can i take dat nasty light off the panel control?!
does anyone now how to?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

you can't, patience is a virtue with these damn sensors.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cesarn2928
When u install Aftermarket wheels ... n u forget bout the sensor... (like me) lol
how can i take dat nasty light off the panel control?!
does anyone now how to?
get the sensor
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem with having two sets of wheels with sensors comes with getting them calibrated every time you swap wheels.

My dealer charges ~$90 to do this, which amounts to $180/year. If you can live with (or disable) the light, you can eliminate this cost.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

you wont get rid of the light unless you install the sensors and get them recalibrated
Old Aug 28, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
the only way to remove the light without installing and re-calibrating the sensors into your wheels is through the car's computer in a parameter specifically assigned to do so. unfortunately, i believe mitsu is the only company with the ability to do so as most tuners are receiving access to engine and trans controls only. (anyone who uses ecu-flash or any others correct me if i am wrong) the problem with this is that it is illegal for a dealer or manufacturer to actually disable the tpms system per federal law, which is why all cars now have some form of tpms or another. if you know of a super shady dealer willing to do this, more power to you, but i doubt you'll find one, and if you do, i wouldnt go announcing it as they can be fined heavily for this or even shut down completely by mitsu themselves. your best bet is to just bite the bullet and get the sensors. otherwise, your only other realistic option is to just deal with the annoyance

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Aug 28, 2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: clarification
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, All cars created 2004-On are required to have a TPMS system in their car. Thus, no dealership can disable this light.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Electrical Tape FTW
Attached Images  
Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brads09lancerGT
Electrical Tape FTW
Old Oct 10, 2009, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Man the guys that are actually going to the dealer to get it recalibrated are just getting ripped off, or my car is that much better than yours, because this is the second winter that i have been swapping my TPMS sensors over from my summer rims back to the winters, and i've never ever went to the dealership to do this recalibrating.. didnt think that swapping over the sensors from tire to tire ever needed to be readjusted, you have the main ECU, or whatever you want to call it that you set the tire pressure to, lets say 35PSI and the sensors just read whats in the tire, but whos knows, but all I know is I never have to go to the dealer.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Euripides
Man the guys that are actually going to the dealer to get it recalibrated are just getting ripped off, or my car is that much better than yours, because this is the second winter that i have been swapping my TPMS sensors over from my summer rims back to the winters, and i've never ever went to the dealership to do this recalibrating.. didnt think that swapping over the sensors from tire to tire ever needed to be readjusted, you have the main ECU, or whatever you want to call it that you set the tire pressure to, lets say 35PSI and the sensors just read whats in the tire, but whos knows, but all I know is I never have to go to the dealer.
If you're swapping your TPMS sensor over everytime you change wheels, then you don't need to get things recalibrated. Only those who have two sets of wheels, each with a TPMS sensor installed, will need to get it recalibrated to kill the dash light.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:38 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Does the dash light blink or does it also beep every time you start your car?
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

A yellow light flashes for a minute and then just stays on. Also the Info screen will beep when u turn on the car and show the TPMS warning screen and u will have to hold the button to get rid of it till next time u start your car
Old Oct 23, 2009, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by velocityhead
The problem with having two sets of wheels with sensors comes with getting them calibrated every time you swap wheels.

My dealer charges ~$90 to do this, which amounts to $180/year. If you can live with (or disable) the light, you can eliminate this cost.

I never had to calabrate mine. i just took the sensor off the stock wheels and put them on the new wheels.