Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

AEM EMS - whoever helps me setup closed loop gets 60$

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AEM EMS - whoever helps me setup closed loop gets 60$

Just like the title says,

i got aem ems 1313, according to my knowledge the sensor's hooked up, all i need is some direction and help setting up so my closed loop kicks in after cars' done warming up and during regular driving conditions.

whoever helps me out will receive 60$ via paypal

dj
Old Dec 8, 2010, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm pretty sure all you need to do is make sure that o2 sensor feedback is turned on, and then input the correct values. In AEMPRo, go to Fuel > O2 Sensor Feedback > [T] O2 Sensor Feedback. That should bring up all of the o2 sensor feedback options and tables. My settings looks like this...

Clicking the check box next to O2 FB Control is what turns it on. Coolant Min is the minimum temperature the coolant needs to be before o2 FB Control kick in. The O2 FB max load value is the amount of boost that o2 FB control will work up until. So, for my calibration, o2 FB Control will turn off and use the fuel map at any boost pressure higher than 7.87 psi. Does that make sense? All of the other settings work the same way and should be easy to understand. Input the AFR values you want to shoot for in the O2 FB Target Map.

Last edited by MasterNater; Dec 8, 2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

whats the fb rich/lean limit for?

and what's your paypal and 60$'s is yours

appreciate the help
Old Dec 8, 2010, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by ezzey
whats the fb rich/lean limit for?

and what's your paypal and 60$'s is yours

appreciate the help
Got your PM and PM'd you back.

O2 FB Rich Limit
Units: Fuel %
Description: The maximum amount of fuel to add when O2 feedback is enabled.

O2 FB Lean Limit
Description: The maximum amount of fuel to subtract when O2 feedback is enabled.

Oh, and don't worry about the money. Anyone who would actually expect money for simply helping someone out is a dick.

Last edited by MasterNater; Dec 8, 2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MasterNater
Got your PM and PM'd you back.

O2 FB Rich Limit
Description: The maximum amount of fuel to add when O2 feedback is enabled.

O2 FB Lean Limit
Description: The maximum amount of fuel to subtract when O2 feedback is enabled.

Oh, and don't worry about the money. Anyone who would actually expect money for simply helping someone out is a dick.
I'll reply to this one on here, so everyone can possibly use this information as well.

FB rich and lean limit; so basically you set a % of how much fuel it can add/subtract as you said. so the lesser the value (#) the more stable the afr's? or the higher the value the more assistance you'll get to stay at 14.7 (for example) without leaving close loop?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is values for how far either way it can correct positive and negative.

So lets say the actual AFR is 13.5:1 when you want 14.5:1in your target AFR table in o2 feedback.The max and min will determine how far it can sway in either direction, so if you had -5% it may not be enough but -15% may be.

Make sense?

Mitch
Old Dec 9, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Magnumpsi
It is values for how far either way it can correct positive and negative.

So lets say the actual AFR is 13.5:1 when you want 14.5:1in your target AFR table in o2 feedback.The max and min will determine how far it can sway in either direction, so if you had -5% it may not be enough but -15% may be.

Make sense?

Mitch
Makes total sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quick question;
To make things easier, wouldn't you just be able to make the value like a 25% or 30% in there? TO give it that extra assistance in a way to make sure you are running that desired afr under idle or cruising condition's?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ezzey
Makes total sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quick question;
To make things easier, wouldn't you just be able to make the value like a 25% or 30% in there? TO give it that extra assistance in a way to make sure you are running that desired afr under idle or cruising condition's?

Well you could but it doesn't trim as fast as you would think. When we tune a car we turn off 02 feedback and then tune the driving areas as close as we can without it, and then turn it back on so it can make just small changes.

You want your fuel map to be as close as possible without correction so if your 02 sensor dies or something the car still runs the same.

Hope that helps some,

Mitch M
Old Dec 9, 2010, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Magnumpsi
Well you could but it doesn't trim as fast as you would think. When we tune a car we turn off 02 feedback and then tune the driving areas as close as we can without it, and then turn it back on so it can make just small changes.

You want your fuel map to be as close as possible without correction so if your 02 sensor dies or something the car still runs the same.

Hope that helps some,

Mitch M
I totally understand and agree. Ever since i bought the car and even after i've gotten it tuned, its always been open loop 24/7. I've changed a few cell area's myself and got rid of the 1 knock that i did have and car runs great, idles well, and the afr's taper as they should in WOT.

The reason for me trying to set this up is so it's even MORE stable, and especially with the winter weather and cold temperatures i would have to adjust the open loop table again because now it needs more fuel. So during the summer when i would idle at 14.5 (area) is now turning into a 16:1 area.

Another problem with my 24/7 open loop setup is when the car's warming up, i can adjust the afr's in the target map to sit around 14, but then once the car is warm it'll be 12.5-13, which is a waste of gas if you ask me. No point to idle in the 13's.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 02:46 PM

Take a look at this startup doc from AEM, for setting up wideband O2:

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...ic=2183.0;wap2

It may be helpful.

FYI - Mark
Old Jan 4, 2011, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by msilbernagel
Take a look at this startup doc from AEM, for setting up wideband O2:

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...ic=2183.0;wap2

It may be helpful.

FYI - Mark
Ty for the link but already had that
Wasnt working since my aem wideband / gauge wasnt hooked up to the ecu. After tapping into the white 5v wire from gauge to pin #75 on aem ems it worked right away

Dj