Notices

Welcome AWD Lancer Members.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An na awd lancer with the ralliart tranny, sounds like a superb group b or below rally car. Do some head work, cams and tune. It would be pretty damn good.

I think it's group b anyhow, that's one thing I can't figure out is the class structure outside group n, open and spec
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Once I hear GT I immediately am thinking it is a JDM model similar to the evos mainly due to the fact that they always seem to keep the cool stuff for themselves but I may be off base. I am just going by past trends on that assumption. but hey thiis is the fun of a new model/trim level coming out, talking about the hype until the eventual let down. By the time it is officially released it will say it has four wheels to drive on but only one of them drives the car and three of the tires are flat unless you pay the extra fee to have them inflated by the dealer
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is my situation, if the SE comes with CVT I don't see myself buying the AWC system because it will be the same as ralliart so think about getting the 5spd Ralliart transmission or the Evo one.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

I am going to just assume its coming with the cvt, and awd. I mean honestly if i paid 30k for my car and you get the same damn car minus a turbo the size of my ******* for like 18k then i feel like i have been cheated. I wanted a sports car to be different, to pull my self away from just the normal group, i wanted AWD and the SST, and the turbo, if the basemodel car comes with all that(minus Turbo) and a 4b11, then thats just silly, And i give up

Its like telling a GTR owner oh we are coming out with a econo box model, dont worry i kno u paid near 100k for your car, but we are bringing one out that only costs 50k, oh its ok it has a few less amenities.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:49 PM

If they did that I'd buy the 50k model and put 50k into it course I would need 50k to begin with. lol.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
judging on what I just read mitsubishi knew they had to make this car difficult to turbo due to the fact they would loose sales on the evo X. Like the RRM video said one of the mitsu partners was mad because all a consumer had to do is buy a lower version of the car and turbo it and it would be almost equivalant as the Evo.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

I was searching (briefly) for more information about this. Looks like it will be in the $20k range for the SE AWD model with the 2.4L 168hp NA motor. Anyone get any information on gas mileage?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

This is definately interesting news. I really hope it does not carry the RA bumper and sticks with the current bumper that NA lancers come with.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 08:31 AM

as far as gas mileage goes it would probably be fairly close to the 2011 wouldn't it? If i recall the 2011 mileage is 5.4 L/100km and 7.something L/100 km City.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

I'm curious about the gas mileage because the base lancers didn't get that great mileage in the first place, now they are adding an AWD drivetrain that will make it worse.

I kind of wish they made a FWD, or even better, RWD lancer with the ralliart turbo'd 4B11
Old Aug 31, 2011, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

tbh the 2010 sportback with the 2.4L cvt is getting round 32mpg for me which isnt that bad concidering i used to get 8mpg in my truck
Old Sep 1, 2011, 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by steven121
judging on what I just read mitsubishi knew they had to make this car difficult to turbo due to the fact they would loose sales on the evo X. Like the RRM video said one of the mitsu partners was mad because all a consumer had to do is buy a lower version of the car and turbo it and it would be almost equivalant as the Evo.
While RRM has great insight into Mitsubishi USA. If Mitsubishi was worried about this I am fairly certain they would be more woried about the warranty aspect than guys making cars faster. And a AWD lancer is nothing compared to a full bodied EVO.

But in the manner you speaking. Mitsubishi would be wise to make a car that can be easily turbo'd and modifed because then you would have the classic honda effect. In the sense that all the old hondas are cross compatible, you can do engine swaps so easy, you can do it in 10 hours drunk half a sleep.

Their may be some in Mitsubishi that hold that effect. But Mitsubishi has had a very difficult past (25 years) with warranty. They had nightmare problems when they merged with Chrysler. It took a very long time to sort everything out. Ultimately it is what caused Mitsubishi and Dodge/Chrysler to go their separate ways. Now Mitsubishi makes great reliable cars, but is a little gun shy in terms of things that may cause more warranty claims. Remember Mitsubishi put themselves in this position with a longer warranty coverage. Its a plus for the average Joe, Bad for the tuner. Honda for years has been on the opposite side of the table. They didnt have to worry about warranty. Their cars didnt fail. Ever, even when abused lol which is kinda funny. They never really had to help the aftermarket community. They just built on what Honda put out. Honda was wise not to drastically change their car architecture.

My two cents

Originally Posted by turbotaloon95
I'm curious about the gas mileage because the base lancers didn't get that great mileage in the first place, now they are adding an AWD drivetrain that will make it worse.

I kind of wish they made a FWD, or even better, RWD lancer with the ralliart turbo'd 4B11
JUst take take your point further, The 4B1X engine platform is great.

Its ok on Gas, but its highly reliable even when stressed. This is was the key focus for Mitsubishi, Dodge and Hyundai. However, this World engine alliance dissolved when Dodge bought Mitsubishi and Hyundai out and went their own way with the platform. This left Mitsubishi in a strange place. Hyundai has spent money on alternative engine power plants while doing 4B1X development. But Mitsubishi had a few more eggs in this basket than anyone else.

The 4B1X is relatively fuel efficient, But Mitsubishi's problem is not the engine in this case, its weight. The weight of the car is what holds the lancer back. Additional weight of the AWD drivetrain is a handicap. What would be been a bit better is if Mitsubishi optimized and tuned the 4b11 further factory to make more power.

Mitsubishi has two alternative engines planned for the future. Time will tell how the 2012 lancer does.

Evosoul

Last edited by evo_soul; Sep 1, 2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 03:54 AM
Evolving Member

i thought that the normal lancer line up came with a 4b12 which was like a 2.4 liter
Old Sep 4, 2011, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AntiBlitz
i thought that the normal lancer line up came with a 4b12 which was like a 2.4 liter
09 and up gts only. everything else had a 2.0
Old Sep 4, 2011, 04:17 PM

hmmm..interesting..Even if they make it hard for these cars to install a turbo we d@mn well know that people will find a way around and do it lol...All that matters is pricing

Quick Reply: Welcome AWD Lancer Members.