Notices

Welcome AWD Lancer Members.

Old Sep 5, 2011, 05:51 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lancer09mx View Post
will be the same awc system as ralliart but CVT ?
It's actually been rumored to be a switchable part-time AWD system, similar to what's in the Outlander models.

Originally Posted by evo_soul View Post
The 4B1X is relatively fuel efficient, But Mitsubishi's problem is not the engine in this case, its weight. The weight of the car is what holds the lancer back. Additional weight of the AWD drivetrain is a handicap. What would be been a bit better is if Mitsubishi optimized and tuned the 4b11 further factory to make more power.

Mitsubishi has two alternative engines planned for the future. Time will tell how the 2012 lancer does.

Evosoul
Sounds like you're talking to the same people as I am...
Old Sep 5, 2011, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Soul has hit every note Ive heard about this 2012 model. GT model as of now looks like the badge for the 2.4 I also heard the RA bumper will be included. Its a shame that they dont really push some more hp out of these engines. And NO ONE, I MEAN NO ONE ive heard of is making cams, throttle boddies, intake manifolds, or anything to support the 2.4 besides your normal bolt ons. ONE turbo manufaturer in the US....in 4 years. If they put numbers out like the Si and dropped some needed lbs imagine the amount of interest. a change to AWD is nice, but youre only hitting like 110hp to the wheels in a heavy car. and even worse in the 2.0 I will always love my lancer, but I wish they wouldnt be so worried about their sales of RAs and Evos by making us suffer. RRM is doing good things for our community, but theres just not enough support or interest to make parts.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

"Marketing Strategy" plain and simple. A N/A Lancer can't be as fast as the RA and the RA can't be as fast as the Evo. If they made those cars equally (hp, handling, etc.) people will buy the cheaper model instead.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

I've heard it's NOT the same AWD as the Ralliart. As Chi Town said, something similar to the Outlander sport.

The Ralliart AWD comes from the Evo IX.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:06 AM

Who has one of these already?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

I work for the Mitsu dealer in Sudbury, ON, and we recieved info recently on the AWD Lancer. I posted this info in the Lancer General section. I know that what I've posted is supposed to be what we're getting in Canada. I'm not sure if there will be major differences for the US.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...america-2.html
Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

September 2011 issue of Motor Trend, "2012-2013 New Car Buyers Guide", p. 101:

"Mitsubishi Lancer/Evo/Sportback - What's new?:
The ES gets new fabric, wheel covers, and chrome grille, while the SE is now an AWD model. The GTS has been renamed GT, and gets Ralliart-style front fascia, new 18" wheels, new fabric, and soft touch door trim. the GSR gets a new upshift light indicator on the center display, while the MR gets an ECO light indicator.

Driver's choice: the Evo, but dont discount the Ralliart.

Sum up: Mitsubushi's brightest start!"

(thats not to say "ra-style" bumper means actual RA bumper...theres no pic...just an RA pic in the article w/ RA badge in the grille)

Last edited by nekkidlad; Sep 12, 2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 07:08 AM

I'm slightly confused, when you click on "Compare all trims" I see that the only lancer with AWC (awd) is the Ralliart, but this is a page for the 2011 Lancer, apparently I've missed news. So does this mean all Lancers 2012+ (regardless of trim) are AWD? (sorry.. i live in a cave haha)
Old Sep 12, 2011, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Just for the sake of info, and to kill some confusion, the Lancer SE gets an AWD option, but not the RA bumper. The GT gets the RA bumper, but they remain FWD. The GT(US Model) and SE AWD get the same motor (4B12, 2.4L, ~170hp). The Canadian GT has the 4B11, 2.0L.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 08:56 PM

if the GT gets the RA bumpers, does that mean that they're making a new bumpers for the RA?!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xDarKnighTx View Post
if the GT gets the RA bumpers, does that mean that they're making a new bumpers for the RA?!
probably not. the gt would get the RA bumper without the RA badge from what i understand. the RA will still be very different to the trained eye i.e. badge, dual exhaust, and aluminum hood
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Got a call from a Mitsu dealership today saying the the 2012's drop in december. As seen before Mitsu will never tune the lancer to make more power because their too worried that if they do so it takes attention away from RA and Evo and its not like theirs sales are crazy high.What their doing is understandable.We are not exactly supporting one of the top 5 auto makers hell top 10 maybe but i still love
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:11 AM

: /

Bad news guys...

EDIT: For those of us hoping for a stickshift, it's been confirmed that the AWD lancer only comes in AUTO.... <--- NOT stick O_o

but thats not the surprising part...

Every lancer in the lineup gets the CVT : / mitsu is no longer manufacturing lancers with a 5 speed option. The Evo GSR will be the only car in the lineup to have a single-clutch tranny.

I was JUST falling in love with my 5-speed....wtf do I do now? I wanted to trade up for either the AWD or a GTS. guess I'll have to find a used one : /

My sources: Manager at my local mitsu dealership.... I decided to verify his information. Since I don't trust a sales manager after you tell him "I only want a Stick-shift" and he says "well they aren't making any more sticks for the 2012's"

I've been watching mitsubishi Japan's website for a month now...well it finally updated. It has the Exceed (ES) the Super Exceed (SE) and the ralliart/sportback models. The SE has Awd (2 wheel, 4 wheel, lock) so thats confirmed. but accross the line all the cars are only offered with the cvt or the 6 speed cvt. None of them have 5 speed options....before the site updated I Did see the 4wd model but for the exceed I remember there being a 5 speed option....

of corse it could be different for us Americans/Canadians (GAWD I hope so) but I have no reason not to trust the dealership .... <.< right?

RIGHT?

Last edited by TaKectrLANCER; Oct 26, 2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Gawd their doing it all wrong, I love mitsu but their such A-Holes and does everything backwards.Lets hope your guy was wrong^^,-_-
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:51 PM

is there really going to be an awd lancer coming out next year?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome AWD Lancer Members.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.