Notices

Welcome AWD Lancer Members.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow this lancer will make an awesome daily driver
Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:26 PM

Just bought a new 2012 GT 5spd to replace my 2009 GT that I sadly wrote off over christmas. I have to say I'm impressed overall. The new dash/leather interior/RA front end really spice up the look of it although I was disappointed that there was no 2.4l or touring package options in Canada like in the US. I was really hoping for a 5spd ralliart this year. I definitely would have jumped on that.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mischief
The RA is s 2.0 turbo though. Whats up with the paddles in the SE??
I'm sure this has been said, but this car is directly geared to compete with Subaru's Impreza 2.5rs.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 08:17 AM

Some one needs to post real world MPG...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by cbr600rx7
Some one needs to post real world MPG...
200-350 miles to the tank, driven between constant 4wd and 2wd respectively.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:43 PM

Happy new SE AWC owner here! Have about 5k miles on it (I commute far!) and I can't say enough good things about that AWD system. I'm still warming up to the car, coming out of much sportier cars, but it is pretty good.

A nice FYI to all american SE AWC owners, especially of the '12 models: Paddle shifters are plug and play, just like the other Lancer models that don't have them. It was my first modification, and took me 5 minutes. I am not so sure about the center console shifter with sport mode.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by PocketAce
Happy new SE AWC owner here! Have about 5k miles on it (I commute far!) and I can't say enough good things about that AWD system. I'm still warming up to the car, coming out of much sportier cars, but it is pretty good.

A nice FYI to all american SE AWC owners, especially of the '12 models: Paddle shifters are plug and play, just like the other Lancer models that don't have them. It was my first modification, and took me 5 minutes. I am not so sure about the center console shifter with sport mode.
Really? I'd really be interested in checking this out for my 2012 SE. Where did you get the parts and how much? Was installation easy?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by MitsuEvok
Really? I'd really be interested in checking this out for my 2012 SE. Where did you get the parts and how much? Was installation easy?
Honestly, it took me less then 10 minutes. I've found a set of EVO paddleshifters on eBay (any paddle shifters will work), a lower steering column cover from a ralliart, and all the necessary screws and bolts at a local hardware store. The connector for the paddles is taped to the wiring harness in the steering column. The procedure is hosted on Club CJ at the stickies session.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:50 PM

I checked CJ and found a sticky for the paddles but they are taking the steering wheel off and doing all this bs lol their procedure takes wayyyyy longer than 10 mins so whats the difference? Is it much easier to swap into our 2012 SE than the older models their trying? Im really interested in doing this.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:08 AM

OK. It takes way more then 10 minutes. I guess more like 20. XD

Seriously, it isn't hard at all unless you have no experience doing anything mechanic in your car. All you need is to take out 2 bolts and a nut, screw in the shifters with 4 bolts, then put everything back.

The most daunting part of the process (steering wheel removal) took me a few minutes. Remove the wheel hub nut part way, jiggle and wiggle the wheel while tugging on it, and it will come right off.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:32 AM

Ah ok lol so it is pretty straight forward tho? Along the lines of their sticky. I just get sketched out with the airbag. So you just bought this shifter assembly like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/281058198451?redirect=mobile

And it's plug and play? I've seen other write ups on people doing the swaps in their es, gts, etc but I just wanna make sure it's a direct for us 2012 SE AWC people. If you'd be willing to take a few pics of how yours turned out that would be awesome dude. Maybe show the connections? That would be sweet.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by PocketAce
OK. It takes way more then 10 minutes. I guess more like 20. XD

Seriously, it isn't hard at all unless you have no experience doing anything mechanic in your car. All you need is to take out 2 bolts and a nut, screw in the shifters with 4 bolts, then put everything back.

The most daunting part of the process (steering wheel removal) took me a few minutes. Remove the wheel hub nut part way, jiggle and wiggle the wheel while tugging on it, and it will come right off.
x2