Notices

Evolutions "Official" Status for Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2004, 03:06 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody know if hertzy sucsessfully got his EVO Into Canada, or is doing so soon?

Thanks 4 any info
Old Jan 31, 2004, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by DetroitEVO
One Still I have difficulty in understanding is how one can import this car if it specifically states that in the list of vehicles admissible to the US that the Mistubishi EVO 2003 and 2004 is INADMISSIBLE ?

http://www.riv.ca/english/TC_admis_list_nov03_Eng.PDF

Thanks for the updates
Yes I'm kind of wondering about that too usually when it's listed as inadmissible there is usally no flexiblity for it to be modified so it can be brought in. No grey areas or loop holes etc.

I still haven't seen any proof that anyone in Canada has been sucessful in purchasing, licencing and insuring an Evo here for street use (cars for commercial and racing only don't count). I would love for someone to prove me wrong.
Old Jan 31, 2004, 08:55 PM

I AGREE.... Can someone prove us WRONG .. I would like to have more discussion about this issue. The EVO is INADMISSIBLE...

The EVO with California plates does not count....
Old Feb 1, 2004, 09:16 AM
i45
Evolving Member

--

Last edited by i45; Feb 1, 2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 09:20 AM
i45
Evolving Member

Well Some people in Ontario got a 6.5 TME., one person is using it as a Autox vehicle or somthing here Im guessing as it is fitted with rowbars, stripped down, etc.

Then there is an 8 is located in Northern Ontario, Near Thunder bay/Atikokan, met him once before he left to Fort Francis. This and it dosen't appear to be any speical type car, basically bone stock except for tinted windows and new sound system lol.

Both of these cars do have Ontario plates, so it can be done somehow. Just find a weak border, drive in with US plates, swap em on a beater and drive back, the border station only registers the licence plate for entry, when you come back they just cross off the list that your car has returned.

Thats a way you can get it in, but the rest I'm not really sure on.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by i45
Well Some people in Ontario got a 6.5 TME., one person is using it as a Autox vehicle or somthing here Im guessing as it is fitted with rowbars, stripped down, etc.

Then there is an 8 is located in Northern Ontario, Near Thunder bay/Atikokan, met him once before he left to Fort Francis. This and it dosen't appear to be any speical type car, basically bone stock except for tinted windows and new sound system lol.

Both of these cars do have Ontario plates, so it can be done somehow. Just find a weak border, drive in with US plates, swap em on a beater and drive back, the border station only registers the licence plate for entry, when you come back they just cross off the list that your car has returned.

Thats a way you can get it in, but the rest I'm not really sure on.

Illegal methods don't count either. Try making a claim and police report if you get into an accident or are a victim of theft with your Illegal import. I want to see first hand accounts and proof with pics if possibe.

Last edited by victec; Feb 1, 2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
alright2, but what about the yellow evo i saw in here, it has a BC plate??? and i think read it somewhere in this forum about a shop that has the only evo in vancouver, one of the earliest poeple to own the evo
Old Feb 2, 2004, 05:25 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Originally posted by victec

Illegal methods don't count either. Try making a claim and police report if you get into an accident or are a victim of theft with your Illegal import. I want to see first hand accounts and proof with pics if possibe.
I don't they did any illegal methods, maybe they just found a fluke or a loophole that still, or once existed. If it was illegal, how could they register it? Sure maybe they can insure an illegal import, but I don't think they could register it.

I personally don't have a pic of the 8 with plates, though there is the 6 here on the forums somewhere, plate name: "EVO 6"

Last edited by i45; Feb 2, 2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 09:55 PM

EVO 6s are possible, as under the Ministry of Ontario ONLY 2003 and 2004's are INADMISSIBLE. Ie the Evo 6 does not fit this year.

However, it appears that all NEW Evos are can NOT be registered in Canada. You can easily get it across the boarder, ie with US plates, or possibly even illegally with provincial licence plates if they don't check you out. That is NOT the issue. The problem again lies within the inadmissibility......
Old Feb 6, 2004, 10:29 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Ye exzactly ^^^^^
Technically, if you acted like you knew nothing except the 03-04 year, you can get evo 7's here if u wanted too, as long as it wasn't built in Jan-Feb of 03...

As I dont think the guard will go researching for 20min, which leads 2 the point DetroitEVO Made, it all lies on inadmissibility, if they don't check you out, which they ususally dont with Canadain plates, going BACK into Canada. However, your going to have to drive IN to the U.S. with the same plates, just to be on the safe side, and preferablly, the same border.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

The place I bought my ralliart from in langley, Wolfe Mitsubishi, has a salesman there named Henry who has the only plated Evo VIII in canada, or BC i forget. He's there monday to friday if you want to check it out. He said he got it plated on some loophole that has since been fixed.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

lets move to the US
Old Feb 27, 2004, 09:07 PM
i45
Evolving Member

^ Im with u man, or merge or somthing. haha
Old Mar 26, 2004, 10:13 PM

i had the chance to drive the evo7 back in asia having known a friend who collects them. no b.s. he owns a 4,5,6 and a 7. the nice thing with the evo from an amateurs perspective like me is that it is very, very powerful but it still sticks to the road like glue even on the sharpest turns. he spent more than C$5,000 on the third day he got his 7 onmere accessory and performance upgrades.
Old Mar 30, 2004, 05:00 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Damn, nice man. I wish I had the great oppertunity to do so.

Quick Reply: Evolutions "Official" Status for Canada