Notices

Evolutions "Official" Status for Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2004, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, all I know is this, IF they wait till late '05 early '06 all that means is that they're will be quiet a few Canadians w/ cars like modded lancer's and turboed Civics that are going to be taking a good hard look at the EVO (which ever model of it ends up here and price notwithstanding).

Hell, even if it ends up costing $45K CDN I'd seriously consider trading in my RA at that point.
Old Jul 16, 2004, 02:35 PM

There is what Audi is doing with their RS6.

-------
Only 90 cars were made available in Canada, as 2004 models, through a select number of "RS 6 Certified Dealers". Yet, the factory accepted to cover the cost of adapting the car to all Canadian standards, which included adding daytime running lights, metric instruments and, most significantly, beefing up the existing car's bumpers so that they meet the 8-km/h rule, without changing their exterior appearance
-------

I just wonder why not Mistubishi do the same? Audi is doing this for only 90 cars.

The following links to the whole store.
http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/vip...=10377&src=vip

Last edited by xcye; Jul 16, 2004 at 02:38 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by xcye
There is what Audi is doing with their RS6.

-------
Only 90 cars were made available in Canada, as 2004 models, through a select number of "RS 6 Certified Dealers". Yet, the factory accepted to cover the cost of adapting the car to all Canadian standards, which included adding daytime running lights, metric instruments and, most significantly, beefing up the existing car's bumpers so that they meet the 8-km/h rule, without changing their exterior appearance
-------

I just wonder why not Mistubishi do the same? Audi is doing this for only 90 cars.

The following links to the whole store.
http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/vip...=10377&src=vip
Would be nice.

Audi is obviously trying to please their moneyed customers and doesn't want to loose them to BMW M series and AMG Mercedes.

I would also suspect that there is a lot more mark-up in an RS 6 than in an Evo.

Canada has actually been good about that sort of thing. We did get the European spec M3 engine with individual butterflies on the previous model (again some 40 cars or something like that) and there have been a number of Porsches that came here that the US did not get.

The exception is when it comes to these moronic bumper standards. The US used to have them too but rescinded them. But the cost to redo bumper certification for a manufacturer is certainly prohibitive, especially considering the population size of Canada and potential sales.

Still waiting
Old Aug 29, 2004, 02:38 AM
i45
Evolving Member

I hate this wait, GAHHH!!! -- I wish something would come up, if Mitsu would just straight up say if the IX will be here or not. I dont like the suspense and anxiotey of this time length!!! -- PLEASE, JUST TELL US
Old Dec 5, 2004, 02:16 AM

If they decided to sell it here I would be at the dealership with a downpayment the same day! Damnit Mitsubishi! Get off your *** and sell me a car!!!!
Old Dec 5, 2004, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by xcye
Hope they do something right, before I go off and buy an STI.
No doubt man, if I end up having to buy an STi next year I'm gonna drive it across the road to the Mitsu dealer and drive it through the front door!
Old Dec 13, 2004, 02:55 PM

I emailed Mitsubishi Canada PR on Friday and got a response Sunday evening. The Mitsu Canada PR lady basically said that their product planning teams are working to comply with regulations for the 2007/8 model year and couldn't provide any further information. She was prompt and very polite and I appreciate that she replied at all. I'm not holding my breath, but looks like there may be hope for middle/late 2006 to see something in the showrooms.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bad_karma
I emailed Mitsubishi Canada PR on Friday and got a response Sunday evening. The Mitsu Canada PR lady basically said that their product planning teams are working to comply with regulations for the 2007/8 model year and couldn't provide any further information. She was prompt and very polite and I appreciate that she replied at all. I'm not holding my breath, but looks like there may be hope for middle/late 2006 to see something in the showrooms.
That's exactly the information I dreaded to hear. Evo IX will be out in 2005 as 2006 model to be followed by the X probably as a 2007/8 model.

I don't like what i've seen and heard about the X including that it is supposed to no longer sport the 4g63.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

so does this mean that we won't be seeing the EVO IX either? from the resent posts it suppose to be in the U.S. around Summer 2005
Old May 21, 2006, 02:33 PM

has anyone ever lived in the states, bought an evo and tried to bring it back with them as a personal exception?
Old May 24, 2006, 12:37 PM
FAV
Evolving Member

thats a no go boywonder, 2003-2006 evos are not able to be registered in canada, although it says nothing about 2002 and sooner, so im assumming if you really wanted to you could try and import an evo VII or earlyer, the trouble is that they arnt common in the states and expensive to bring from europe or japan. thats the biggist problem with bringing the evo to canada!
Old Dec 14, 2007, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by FAV
thats a no go boywonder, 2003-2006 evos are not able to be registered in canada, although it says nothing about 2002 and sooner, so im assumming if you really wanted to you could try and import an evo VII or earlyer, the trouble is that they arnt common in the states and expensive to bring from europe or japan. thats the biggist problem with bringing the evo to canada!
You can plate / insure an Evo in Saskatchewan, not supposed to cross the border, you can't import older evo's unless they are older than 15 years.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No FMIC's on cars, but Gay Marriages are o.k.
hahaha
Old Jul 5, 2008, 03:44 PM

Not sue if this has been posted yet but the canadian goverment has harmonized the bumper laws with the US, so you can now import the evo's in to canada. If you look at the updated list on riv.ca here http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/impor...MITSUBISHI.htm it shows taht the evos are now asmissable.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 05:04 PM
Admin Alumni

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=353767

Posted this week, thread a few lines below this one, non-stickied.