Notices

Where to get some electrical help?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where to get some electrical help?

ok so i had too much time to play around with the car this weekend resulting in me f@#@ up a few things..

issue #1
i have an air bag sensor on (after doing some research i know this can easily go away with an SRS scanner tool) besides the dealer who has one of these? i know the dealer will prolly rip me off...

issue #2
i have no power to my radio, every other electrical thing works, i was inclined enough to check my fuses and nothing seems to be broken, is there a shop other than the dealership that could take a look at this for me? i give up with this one, also im 100% certain that it is not the head unit itself since i have tried to connect another head unit with the same result

any help or tips would be appreciated thanks
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boostedgraphite
ok so i had too much time to play around with the car this weekend resulting in me f@#@ up a few things..

issue #1
i have an air bag sensor on (after doing some research i know this can easily go away with an SRS scanner tool) besides the dealer who has one of these? i know the dealer will prolly rip me off...

issue #2
i have no power to my radio, every other electrical thing works, i was inclined enough to check my fuses and nothing seems to be broken, is there a shop other than the dealership that could take a look at this for me? i give up with this one, also im 100% certain that it is not the head unit itself since i have tried to connect another head unit with the same result

any help or tips would be appreciated thanks
Dude I got your back with the scan tool, we can look into it and clear the codes if need be.

In terms of the radio I am sure they will take it back and replace it. I went thru two radios. different issues.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
Dude I got your back with the scan tool, we can look into it and clear the codes if need be.

In terms of the radio I am sure they will take it back and replace it. I went thru two radios. different issues.
thanks for the help with the scan tool thats awesome
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:53 AM
Former Sponsor

thanks for the help with the scan tool thats awesome
And this goes for everyone, If you are a club insider (big ticket purchase in the past or participated in a qualifying event) like boostedgraphite has then you are able to access our scan tool for free.

If you are a regular member the charge is only 10 dollars and that includes the ability to diagnose, monitor real time engine stats and clearing codes.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

alrighty i just fixed everything..i tapped into the cigarette power to power the radio and it works fine..(for some reason the radio power line isnt working ahwell i wont worry about it)...also the air bag light just magically went away on its on strange... but everything seems to be working perfectly now...knock on wood
Old Oct 14, 2008, 01:29 PM

are your power mirrors working? I know me and hydro ran into a issue with his stereo and found that it was running off the power mirror fuse.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

My stock radio fried too. but that because some fool didn't tape properly when he changed the door speakers and moisture snuck in causing a short. got a dvd deck out of it..
Old Oct 15, 2008, 05:27 AM
Former Sponsor

alrighty i just fixed everything..i tapped into the cigarette power to power the radio and it works fine..(for some reason the radio power line isnt working ahwell i wont worry about it)...also the air bag light just magically went away on its on strange... but everything seems to be working perfectly now...knock on wood
even though the lights went away, they could still be stored. I can look at it today, i think you work in brampton right? I will send you a text later
Old Oct 15, 2008, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wazzuuuup
are your power mirrors working? I know me and hydro ran into a issue with his stereo and found that it was running off the power mirror fuse.
lmao oh my...i think you are bang on with this..my power mirrors dont work and the power mirror fuse is fried...that is ghetto of mitsubishi to hook up the stereo to the wrong fuse...i just wasted lots of time trying to fix something that could have been fixed in 2 minutes...i even checked all of the other fuses but i only focused on the #15 ones i should have checked the mirror one aswell...ahwell...thanks for the successful tip i wonder if mitsubishi even has some kind of advisory explaining this mess up?
Old Oct 15, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul
even though the lights went away, they could still be stored. I can look at it today, i think you work in brampton right? I will send you a text later
true...ive been stuck in the garage for the past few days i need to get out lol...i work in weston not too far from brampton..i can reach the meet or meet up with you whatever works
Old Oct 15, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

since i have this thread going...my subwoofer cuts out when i go over bumps..the sound is still there but just not the bass...what is this most likely from? the deck? the amp or the subwoofer?
Old Oct 15, 2008, 08:44 AM
Former Sponsor

since i have this thread going...my subwoofer cuts out when i go over bumps..the sound is still there but just not the bass...what is this most likely from? the deck? the amp or the subwoofer?
wiring, but since you had power problems with the deck, it could be that. AMPs have never died, or at least i havent head of anyones going out in the Lancer. I heard of a few bad subs, but usually subs sounds like crap, or die, they shouldnt cut in and out though. usually thats a sign of not enough power being delievered.

sigh , its hard to say

Also I will be at the meet, but it will take me a while maybe 9:30 coming from downtown.

I willcall you, I might be able to meet you at weston. I am going from brampton to scarb. to pick up some documents, so on the way back around 2 I can maybe stop by.