Notices

B.C. evo roll call

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 007WRX
This is what I want:

MA Performance Stainless steel o2 housing with external dump.

Sick.
so you just want an O2 dump then. i dont beleive you need a tune for these since all you are doing is dumping the exhaust through the stock internal wastegate to atmosphere producing a super cool sound. you should result in better boost response as the internal wastegate opens freely without any backpressure from your stock exhaust system.

i thought you meant an external wastegate that regulates your stock turbo, as in welding your stock turbo wastegate shut and attaching a Tial wastegate on and dumping to atmosphere for better boost control.

eg (i know thats not Evo downpipe, just an example)

i wouldnt run that on a stock Evo IX setup, the stock turbo is already damn efficient at making boost. plus you will need a retune your WDC.

The gain from an aftermarket O2 housing will help spool and boost response enough already. people report 2-300 earlier spool with just an O2 housing swap. the extra money and effort to put into an EWG just isnt worth the gain on a stock turbo IMO

Last edited by vince126; Nov 18, 2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya, I just want the dump. I'm not sure about the tune though, I'm going to talk to a tuner.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

How much is the MAP piece?
And what's a stock o2 housing look like in comparison? It just loops back into DP?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 05:27 PM

Ya, I just want the dump. I'm not sure about the tune though, I'm going to talk to a tuner.
ya confirm with a tuner about it, it'll be like running a QTP exhaust cutout, or just an open downpipe

without tune this mod will give you a better spool but not noticeable power, people reported gains of 10whp on Megan O2 housing when tuned, megan O2 housing is internally dumped.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

I talked to one of you, but how did you guys do your drl wireup. Can I just connect the ignition power to somewhere in the engine bay or fuse box? I don't really want to start cutting into my stock harness.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by samurai85
How much is the MAP piece?
And what's a stock o2 housing look like in comparison? It just loops back into DP?
it'll run you 329$ USD, yes it connects to your downpipe, and vents your wastegate exhaust to atmosphere hence giving a delicious sound when you are going ***** to the wall.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 05:38 PM

I talked to one of you, but how did you guys do your drl wireup. Can I just connect the ignition power to somewhere in the engine bay or fuse box? I don't really want to start cutting into my stock harness.
just for kicks i ran my power for the fog straight to the radio fuse in the engine compartment, it worked when key is in the IGN position.

there beleive theres a few fuses for the radio in the engine compartment, one is always on (the amplifier) and one is only on with the IGN on.

the fuse i am talking about is a little tough to get at since its in a yellow block with another fuse.

i already had the harness that turns fogs on when car has parking lights on, so i just left the parking lights on for the inspection and i passed lol. so in the end i never had to wire it to the fuse.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Can you take a pic of the fuse for me please.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 06:10 PM

i have to watch my 5 month old son atm and my wife is out of the house. do you have an Evo IX manual? if you do, go to page 7-38 and it is fuse number 23 (this is under the hood btw)
Old Nov 18, 2009, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

ah I do, thanks!

Do you just wrap the wire around one of the prongs on the fuse?

Last edited by 007WRX; Nov 18, 2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 06:20 PM

ah I do, thanks!

Do you just wrap the wire around one of the prongs on the fuse?
yeah, its a little tricky to get the block back in after you wrap it though, you're gonna have to jam down on the block to get the fuse to plug back in. mind you this is ghetto wiring and i dont recommend anyone but for emergency only lol, please do at your own risk.

i ran the positive wire from the passenger fog right to the fuse, since the passenger side should just daisy chain to the driver side, and it worked for me...but i opted the easy way because i was too lazy to drive to canadian tire to get the female connector for the H11 bulb lol.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

It's just so I can pass the inspection. I'm going to go to Canadian Tire on Sunday I think. I'll remove the tint tomorrow night or something too.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

haha that's an interesting way to hook up the DRL. haha kinda sketchy
i'm guessing you already removed it now and no DRL right? haha. i hope so!

The way vince has set it up is much easier without having to tap the ignition harness.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vince126
it'll run you 329$ USD, yes it connects to your downpipe, and vents your wastegate exhaust to atmosphere hence giving a delicious sound when you are going ***** to the wall.
Are there any difficulties in installing the o2 housing? I just got a downpipe to catback full TBE. Is it necessary to change this piece as well? I'm guessing the stock one is quite restrictive or something. And also why is it called o2 housing? Coming from honda's this idea is new to me
Old Nov 19, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by samurai85
haha that's an interesting way to hook up the DRL. haha kinda sketchy
i'm guessing you already removed it now and no DRL right? haha. i hope so!

The way vince has set it up is much easier without having to tap the ignition harness.
No. I'll use a relay but instead I'll run the IGN wire to the fuse box, instead of under the dash.

Quick Reply: B.C. evo roll call