Notices

Cobb Stage 3 boost situation help please....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobb Stage 3 boost situation help please....

hey forum i have a 2010 MR touring and im having a weird problem,

i used to run 26 psi on stage 3 91 with with the car tapering down to 18 with minimal knock of 1 or 2 counts throughout the rpm range, the bcs had only 2 ports connected, port 1 was connected to the intake and port 2 was split between the waste-gate and compressor housing via T-shaped reducer tee, port 3 was just a breather....so i spoke to someone at cobb about the 3rd port being just a breather, told me setup was wrong and that i had to connect the 3rd port so i took a look at the manual of the bcs to connect the 3rd, so what i did was i removed the T-shaped reducer tee connected between the waste gate and intercooler pipe compressor housing where the nipple is, then i connected port 1 to the intake port 2 to the waste gate and port 3 to the intercooler pipe compressor housing just like the manual said.

now i can't even run stage 3 91 anymore, boost only hits 16 psi max the car is slow as ****, when i ran stage 2 91 the boost would hit almost 30 psi as if its boost spiking and it just stays at 28 psi doesn't even taper down, so i tried stage 2 91 Lwg it would boost spike to 28 29 but does taper down to 20 19 psi through out the rpm range, but what changed is the sound of the turbo, it sounds like its a supercharger now....on full spool it sounds like its whinnying , turbo never sounded like that before installing the 3rd port and removing the T-Shaped reducing tee thing....yea the boost pill is also out...

can someone please help explain why i can't run the stage 3 91 lwg or non lwg setting..i pretty much have everything cobb requires to run it....also why does stage 3 only run at 16 psi and stage 2 goes ape **** boost crazy up to 29 psi on non lwg and lwg boost spikes to 28 29 and tapers down normally?

oh forgot to mention knocks are up the *** now im seeing up to 7 9 counts sometimes on WOT lol.....

i know im gonna need a protune but im just curious on what's going on with both stage 3 16 psi and stage 2 29.....

Mods on the car

HKS hi power dual exhaust
Cobb Sf instake
Ams Upper intercooler Pipe
Ams widemouth DP
AMS test pipe
Cobb AP

please help lool
mohi is online now Report Post
Old Aug 22, 2017, 02:29 PM

Im having almost the same excat problem with my cobb. on my stage 2 93 tune I peak at 27psi and feel the power no problems. and if im running anything above that, and on my protune, its only peaking at 24psi. I feels much slower than usual.
I have the ETS piping an IC and ams wide to test to hks hi power.
I just dont understand.
So im just gonna stay with my protune and try to have the car relearn how to boost back up to 26 psi and hope for the best, or just run stage 2 if i want to destroy. (other cars on the road) or my own...
Old May 4, 2020, 10:30 PM

Same issue

Originally Posted by Mohannad
hey forum i have a 2010 MR touring and im having a weird problem,

i used to run 26 psi on stage 3 91 with with the car tapering down to 18 with minimal knock of 1 or 2 counts throughout the rpm range, the bcs had only 2 ports connected, port 1 was connected to the intake and port 2 was split between the waste-gate and compressor housing via T-shaped reducer tee, port 3 was just a breather....so i spoke to someone at cobb about the 3rd port being just a breather, told me setup was wrong and that i had to connect the 3rd port so i took a look at the manual of the bcs to connect the 3rd, so what i did was i removed the T-shaped reducer tee connected between the waste gate and intercooler pipe compressor housing where the nipple is, then i connected port 1 to the intake port 2 to the waste gate and port 3 to the intercooler pipe compressor housing just like the manual said.

now i can't even run stage 3 91 anymore, boost only hits 16 psi max the car is slow as ****, when i ran stage 2 91 the boost would hit almost 30 psi as if its boost spiking and it just stays at 28 psi doesn't even taper down, so i tried stage 2 91 Lwg it would boost spike to 28 29 but does taper down to 20 19 psi through out the rpm range, but what changed is the sound of the turbo, it sounds like its a supercharger now....on full spool it sounds like its whinnying , turbo never sounded like that before installing the 3rd port and removing the T-Shaped reducing tee thing....yea the boost pill is also out...

can someone please help explain why i can't run the stage 3 91 lwg or non lwg setting..i pretty much have everything cobb requires to run it....also why does stage 3 only run at 16 psi and stage 2 goes ape **** boost crazy up to 29 psi on non lwg and lwg boost spikes to 28 29 and tapers down normally?

oh forgot to mention knocks are up the *** now im seeing up to 7 9 counts sometimes on WOT lol.....

i know im gonna need a protune but im just curious on what's going on with both stage 3 16 psi and stage 2 29.....

Mods on the car

HKS hi power dual exhaust
Cobb Sf instake
Ams Upper intercooler Pipe
Ams widemouth DP
AMS test pipe
Cobb AP

please help lool
mohi is online now Report Post
Did you ever figure this out?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Zacfrmsac
Did you ever figure this out?

why are you having the same problem?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by 11XRAY
why are you having the same problem?

Ya it was just the Cobb tune. I got a pro tune and have had no issues. I had used a diff brand of intake and the OTS map didn’t like it. All good now tho thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 05:23 PM

Yep got to scale the MAF and MAP. Unfortunately the new V3 doesn't really support any intake other than cobb on their OTS map
Old Jul 11, 2020, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Have you guys tried modifying your tune to your specific air intake? They have some simple instructions on Youtube and the calibration file you'll need from cobbs site.

You'll need a login to the cobb site but here's the link to the calibration file you'll need.

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wik...STUNER+SUPPORT