Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

New times, Mid 12's

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2006, 08:06 AM
Fomer Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New times, Mid 12's

I only got two runs in because it started raining. Both runs where with 50/50 (110/93) at ½ tank. 1st run was at 22lbs and 2nd was at 22.5(guess)lbs. I thought the increments with the boost controller were more per click. So after the 1st run I turned it up 2 clicks, didn’t do anything really. I ended up finding a back road out there after the track and doing some pulls to get the boost up to about 24lbs. So I never got to run at that boost, sucks. A waste of $15 for the race gas. But it was a good night, I will post the slips tonight.

1st:
1.837-60’
12.605-1/4
111.41 mph

2nd:
1.837-60’
12.520-1/4
112.61 mph

MORE EDIT:Mods are tubular manifold, ebay housing, stock downpipe, 3" all the way to Apexi N1, all 2.5 custom hard intercooler pipes, custom intercooler, Forge MBC @22lbs, HKS 272/272, walbro pump, front mount, lancershop short shifter(kinda sucks), EMS tuned by TurboTrix and did the SS clutch line and took out the restrictor. Empty trunk, under 1/2 tank of 93/110. Thinks thats it.

Launching was hard, because I tried a couple of launchs before the track and at 5000 I burned the clutch really bad. So I never tried that high at the track, only around 4500.

And whats the guesstimate for HP with my trap speed?

Edit:

Here are the slips

Last edited by Kerr; Apr 13, 2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
320-330whp on the race gas with those traps.

Btw, if you burned your clutch at 5000rpm, why in the world would you LOWER your launch rpm? The lower it is, the more you have to slip it, and the more you burn it. Higher rpm launches don't make you burn your clutch unless you just leave the clutch in too long.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

I would say you are probably right around 330WHP, you definetely need to work on your driving. With those trap speeds your your times should be way better. You also need to launch at a much higher RPM, thats why your burning the hell out of your clutch. Before I got my 2 step launch control, I was launching right around 6500.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:20 AM
Fomer Vendor

I was thinking since it was spinning so fast it was having trouble grabing. I dont know, but now what you(warr) are saying makes sence, of course. I might go again tomorrow night see what happens. And now I know how the boost controller works, I will be able to raise it to the boost I want.

I just talked to a friend about buying his girlfriends laptop, so I might be getting one and then will be able to have launch control.

One cool thing about the night was I think I was the fastest Evo there that night, between 2 blue ones that kept racing each other, both low 13's, and what I think was a stock MR, not sure what he ran, but I think he had problems(missing shifts). And that was until another MR showed up that ran 11.7@119(think that was the speed).
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Trap seems a bit low for a cam'd evo on race gas?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sleet
Trap seems a bit low for a cam'd evo on race gas?
Well he has an AEM EMS that he can't tune himself, and I'm not even sure if he's been retuned for cams, since he originally got the EMS tuned before cams.

He still has a lot of potential.

Sho'um, sounds like that was TTP running 119 in the MR.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sho 'um
I was thinking since it was spinning so fast it was having trouble grabing. I dont know, but now what you(warr) are saying makes sence, of course. I might go again tomorrow night see what happens. And now I know how the boost controller works, I will be able to raise it to the boost I want.

I just talked to a friend about buying his girlfriends laptop, so I might be getting one and then will be able to have launch control.

One cool thing about the night was I think I was the fastest Evo there that night, between 2 blue ones that kept racing each other, both low 13's, and what I think was a stock MR, not sure what he ran, but I think he had problems(missing shifts). And that was until another MR showed up that ran 11.7@119(think that was the speed).
The 2 blue Evos were my roomate and me
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Well he has an AEM EMS that he can't tune himself, and I'm not even sure if he's been retuned for cams, since he originally got the EMS tuned before cams.

Yeah I figured maybe he wasn't tuned for the cams yet.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 01:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon

Jup, if you need help or guidance, flag me down when you see me.

First pass missed 2nd (I hate this cue ball shifter, its too big + the clutch engagement may be too low).

2nd pass spinning all of first with 20psi in the fronts, 22 in the rear. Track prep is **** in the right lane, stay left if possible. 11.70@118+

3rd pass finally approaching being tuned (rich the other passes) and then it starts to rain. Sucky night.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Jup, if you need help or guidance, flag me down when you see me.

First pass missed 2nd (I hate this cue ball shifter, its too big + the clutch engagement may be too low).

2nd pass spinning all of first with 20psi in the fronts, 22 in the rear. Track prep is **** in the right lane, stay left if possible. 11.70@118+

3rd pass finally approaching being tuned (rich the other passes) and then it starts to rain. Sucky night.
Too bad it ran last night! I wanted to get one more pass in to try to run the 12's..I was gona see if you could drive my car after you ran but it all got messed up with the rain
Old Apr 13, 2006, 02:01 PM
Fomer Vendor

TTP, you guys work(affiliated) with John(Jestr) right? I had been talking to him about a retune and he said he would help me with the launch control.

And not tuned for the cams, I got tuned almost 2 months ago and just did the cams last weekend. Race gas was added with my 93, but the boost didnt change, except by maybe a half pound. Hopefully will be getting a tune with Jestr soon though.

I said I was thinking about the track tomorrow, but I think I am going to change all my fluids this weekend and run next week. Plus I have a friend thats getting his car retuned and wants to go so I will wait for him.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

Don;t mean to go off topic guys but i was just wondering because it does fall under launches but ive had my car for a lil while and it kind of has that whine in 4th girl ... the people at good year just looked at becuase the guy has an evo n he was aligning it neways but i want to go up to the draps this week but i don;t want to go launching if m transfer case or tranny is gonna go what do u think ... o nd ps i don;t have a warrenty anymore because i bought it used and it only came with a 30 day kinda sucks but i dunno ... help please
Old Apr 13, 2006, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sho 'um
What if I told you there were other Evos parked in the Pit area and not racing that may be were faster than yours!
Old Apr 13, 2006, 08:24 PM
Fomer Vendor

Well you didnt run, so.....I will stand a second fastest that ran that night.