Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Who Is the fastest Stock Evo!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2007, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey MRevo21... just got my evo too guys so i am fresh to this scene as well. what should a IX run with a filter and a mbc set to peak at 22 and taper to 19? with the power i feel in the seat and the cars i have raced on the street i would think 12.7 to 13.0 am i correct? will be at the track soon (hopefully).... also anyone using the turboxs mbc?? thats what i have and seems to work ok....
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Harleyhonda, we don't bench race. Go to the track and find out, then report back.

The TurboXS MBC is the worst one for the Evo - terrible choice. Not sure why people buy that crap when we have proven, excellent MBCs that everyone knows to get. It just amazes me how people buy crap without researching first.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:18 AM

what is the difference in the mbc's??? just by looking at them they look very similar. whether u go with a hallman or joep or turboxs i dont think it makes a difference because internally they are the same, are they not?? my turboxs holds as well as my buddy's joep and the boost is gonna creep on a IX no matter what mbc you have.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

You can listen or you can argue. I don't to explain this for the 1000th time. Do your homework next time - they are not the same. It's foolish to think they are just by looking at them on the oustide. No, they are not internally the same, you crackmonkey.

Btw, what the hell is JOEP? Boost does NOT creep on Evos, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe you meant TAPER? Huge difference there...
Old Jan 25, 2007, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You can listen or you can argue. I don't to explain this for the 1000th time. Do your homework next time - they are not the same. It's foolish to think they are just by looking at them on the oustide. No, they are not internally the same, you crackmonkey.

Btw, what the hell is JOEP? Boost does NOT creep on Evos, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe you meant TAPER? Huge difference there...
Dude why dont you lighten up? your attitude sucks.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

if you dont want to explain for the 100th time.. then just dont answer and JOE P is a type of boost controller, im sure hes talking about a manual one.. so i guess you have some homework to do also..

Originally Posted by wookie
Dude why dont you lighten up? your attitude sucks.
+1
Old Jan 25, 2007, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Wahhhhh. You want to be spoonfed and coddled? Go back to pre-school.

Is that all you have to contribute to this thread? Do you have an Evo even?
Old Jan 25, 2007, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
if you dont want to explain for the 100th time.. then just dont answer and JOE P is a type of boost controller, im sure hes talking about a manual one.. so i guess you have some homework to do also..

+1
I have homework to do? Get real. The guy is referring to it as a "joep." That looks kinda like "jeep," but not quite. What he should be saying is Joe P - big difference. I know who Joe P is and that he makes an MBC, and no, it's not as good as a Forge or Hallman. Nice try, though.

Another guy who doesn't even have an Evo and doesn't contribute to the thread. Gotta love the noobs.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

I have homework to do? Get real. The guy is referring to it as a "joep." That looks kinda like "jeep," but not quite. What he should be saying is Joe P - big difference. I know who Joe P is and that he makes an MBC, and no, it's not as good as a Forge or Hallman. Nice try, though.

Another guy who doesn't even have an Evo and doesn't contribute to the thread. Gotta love the noobs.
yea YOU have homework to do.. you DONT know everything, and you never will.. so stop acting like youre some EVO g0d no I dont own an EVO, so what.. half the people on here dont, youre just an ignorant bastard w/ no life that gets off on trying to put people down.. and a lot of people are getting tired of it.. youre shyt stinks just like everyone else's get over yourself...
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:09 PM

Wahhhhh. You want to be spoonfed and coddled? Go back to pre-school.

Is that all you have to contribute to this thread? Do you have an Evo even?
Yeah bro, real constructive. Everyone one of your comments has a distictive "I'm better than you" vibe. Here's a reality check for you dumb ***, unlike you not everyones self worth is tied to the kind of car they drive. No I dont have an evo, my wife drives a STI, I like this forum for 2 reasons, 1: I have alot of respect for evos- they are bad *** cars, 2: I can appreciate all the mods & h.p. people are getting out of their cars. For the record my real love is roadracing (motorcycles). How about this, we go to a track & I'll take my wifes '05 STI thats still on the stock Bridgestones (26K + miles) & we can both do 5 timed laps & then we'll go to the same track & I'll show up on my all stock '05 GSXR 1000 & you show up on whatever bike you want & I mean anything. We can do another 5 times laps & then well add up the cumulative times & see whos faster? If I win you go back to the troll cave you came from & lose your lame *** condescending attitude. If you win, I'll never post on this forum again. Well????????????????
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:51 PM

Listen or argue???? who was arguing???? I asked a simple question as to why are they different???? The specs from the manufacturer are the same depending on what you are comparing. And if you are ALL KNOWING what is the difference between a creep and a taper???? you obviosly knew what i meant. Do my homework???? I have done it gaytard!!!! I race a 7.5 second 66 Ford Fairlane with a 632ci Ford SVO motor on a 3 stage 300 shot. I have been racing for a long time and parts are parts!!!! Forged pistons are forged pistons and so on and so on. So what is the difference???? And by the way 5500 ft of elevation isnt going to affect a forced induction car as much as you seem to believe. Forcing air into a cylinder no matter at what altitude is still going to be the same the higher you go but the oxygen content is going to be lower at the higher elevation. maybe a little drop in power but not like an all motor car. i live at 4500 ft so not a big diff from Co where you seem to be.... How are you sponsors treating you!!! On a serios note what does everyone think of the Vishnu ecu flash for the Evo IX????? Any before and after power #'s???
Old Jan 26, 2007, 04:54 AM
Evolving Member

Can we all just get along! Evo, Talon same ****. Just that the evo is better.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Anyways I just want to say thanks Warrtalon for all the help. I appreciate it man.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 02:24 AM
Evolved Member

I didn't read all this thread but my 03 went 12.8 with the previous owner. I was there to see it run it. this was with a 1.65 60' on stock wheels/tires.

I ran a 13.201 @ 102 3 years later. 2nd day i had the car everything stock but suspension / 18inch volks and all season tires. with a 1.8 60' I'm pretty sure thats the best times for a untouched 03

note.. i got a dynoflash then ran a 13.9 @ 98?1 go figure.