Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Boostin Performance Shop Evo 9 Stock Turbo Shoots for 11.0

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2011, 09:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Boostin Performance Shop Evo 9 Stock Turbo Shoots for 11.0

Hey guys! My name is Kristin and I'm Devin's fiancé. Some of you may know Devin and his red 96 Talon. We've recently opened up a shop in the Chicagoland area called Boostin Performance.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...ck-us-out.html

This car is 06 Evo 9 dd and I've had her for 4 years. I've been playing around at the drag strip, and for the past year Devin and I have been autoxing and road racing with her too.

Opening weekend we brought the car out to Byron Dragway to see what she could run. It was good to be back home, and the weather was perfect too - sunny and low 50's. Couldn't ask for a better start to the season!! Devin installed some Kelford 272 cams in the car the night before and we tuned it on the way to the track.

MODS
AMS Intercooler & piping with AMS small battery kit
Tial BOV
3 inch Turbo back Exhaust
Exedy Twin Disk HD
E85, using FIC 1150's and a 255lph pump
Kelford 272 Cams
Stance GR +Pro Coilovers
Speed Density stock ecu tuned by my hubby DevinTuned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBpmg0ilZTc

The track was slick and our brand new Dunlop Star Specs street tires weren't hooking as good as we hoped. High 1.7 60fts isn't bad, but could be better. The car cut a bunch of high 1.5 60ft's on the same setup last year, and we think if we can get those numbers again, we'll have that low 11 second pass. Looking at the logs, Devin noticed the boost wasn't as high as we expected - it was only hitting 28 and coming down to 20 at redline. Devin found 2 boost leaks, so that explains that. Our plan is to take off the spoiler, cut a good 60ft time and see what she can do.

Devin drove for this pass, but I want an 11.0 pass myself so we'll see who gets there first!

Kristin

Last edited by Boostin Perform; Apr 25, 2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can see a bottom 11sec pass in the near future! Once those boostleaks are fixed its over

Im also excited to see your car without the wing!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
I can see a bottom 11sec pass in the near future! Once those boostleaks are fixed its over

Im also excited to see your car without the wing!

Thx!! I'm confident that we'll reach our goal soon.

I've always wanted a carbon fiber trunk, but just don't have the funds to do it. Some day tho, but in the mean time it'll be nice to see her wingless!!

The boost leaks will be fixed soon, so hopefully I can get to the track before Devin and beat him to it!

Kristin