Notices
Driving Techniques Discuss things like how to launch your car, or turn in points, correct steering position, etc.

My evo loves to slide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, I just don't drive my car hard enough I guess, because I have a HARD time getting mine to oversteer. Maybe I'm not carrying enough speed into the corner. Dunno.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Box Rocket
Man, I just don't drive my car hard enough I guess, because I have a HARD time getting mine to oversteer. Maybe I'm not carrying enough speed into the corner. Dunno.
Mine oversteers like a ***** too. It's kinda scary at first but Like everyone says just make sure you stay on the gas and don't lift, I'm still getting used to it. I think it's because of the cold weather over here though (tires need to be warm), which is why it oversteers like a ****.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Like I said, I must just be too timid at corner entry or something. I've tried lifting, I've tried Scandinavian flick, braking etc and my car pretty much just sticks or slides evenly. Never oversteers.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo-boy
ive said it before i got a rear strut bar almost a week ago and installed it that day and i would swear by it.
+1000
Old Oct 20, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Like I said, I must just be too timid at corner entry or something. I've tried lifting, I've tried Scandinavian flick, braking etc and my car pretty much just sticks or slides evenly. Never oversteers.
Is it warm/hot where you live. I think mine does it so ease because it's getting a bit nippy in NY.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Summer time can easily get into the mid-to-high 90's but this morning it was 42* F. So I've got a broad range of temps to work with.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 01:26 PM

:(

well I guess I can give a +1 for not lifting off the gas when the back breaks loose, Sun morning about 1:00am nice ramp, cold tires, rear let go and I lifted, over corrected a bit tried to gas to correct and hit the wall head on messed up my shoulder and my wife is a little pissed. But I guess I'm in the market for another Evo. I think I'm gona find someplace safe to practice hard driving a bit, AWD is so differant than RWD that I grew up with here in MN. I was even just at Road america a few weeks ago, and know what to do, but it does feel right to lift when you slide.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

After getting used to my car i started to take a couple turns on back roads. Then got over confident.
Went into a corner pretty hard, down shifted into second,full throttle, next thing i knew i was drifting!
It was fun but very dangerous if anything i never exected this car to slide so easy.

(i play alot and slide around in a G35 but never expected this car to kick so sideways)
Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlackEv03
well I guess I can give a +1 for not lifting off the gas when the back breaks loose, Sun morning about 1:00am nice ramp, cold tires, rear let go and I lifted, over corrected a bit tried to gas to correct and hit the wall head on messed up my shoulder and my wife is a little pissed. But I guess I'm in the market for another Evo. I think I'm gona find someplace safe to practice hard driving a bit, AWD is so differant than RWD that I grew up with here in MN. I was even just at Road america a few weeks ago, and know what to do, but it does feel right to lift when you slide.
it takes alot of practice not to lift. i spun out twice before i learned... luckily for me, it only cost me a curbed rim :[
Old Dec 17, 2006, 06:46 PM

i hear ya my car refuses to oversteer