Notices
ECU Flash

Getting a 2.4L base map

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting a 2.4L base map

I am going to be in need of a base map that I can upload with ECUFlash in a few weeks. I've attempted to contact Al a few times already, but he's been busy and his cell phone in-box is full, haha. (If you see this Al chime in). Anyone have a suggestion on the best way to go about getting a good base map for break-in?

2005 Evo VIII, Mods:

2.4L built 4G64
ported/polished head
crower valves/retainers
HKS 272 cams & cam gears
BB 50 Trim turbo kit
3" exhaust
880cc injectors
etc..

93 octane, 21 psi, 7200 rev limit

Break in will be under 12 psi (lowest the wastegate can hold) for 1000 miles, and I'll most likely be bringing the car to a tuner before I turn the boost up when she's ready for action. Currently the car is loaded with a DynoFlash map for TBE/intake/MBC.

Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Break in should be - PSI till its tuned......

Scorke
Old Jul 6, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Break in should be - PSI till its tuned......

Scorke
That of course, is the goal. I'm not ruling out the possibility of a few psi here and there, and since the wastegate won't open till 12 psi. Any load at all and the setup will most likely try to build boost, which is going to be a pain to avoid. I'd just like to have some figures up to the 12 mark, to be on the safe side. Know what I'm saying?

0 psi should be fun while varrying throttle with an open atmosphere wastegate
Old Jul 6, 2006, 05:20 PM

While I'm sure the EVO ECU could be conned into running a 2.4, wouldn't this be the sort of application a standalone might be better suited for?
Old Jul 6, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by joshbu
While I'm sure the EVO ECU could be conned into running a 2.4, wouldn't this be the sort of application a standalone might be better suited for?
Why? If it can do it, and do it acceptably then go for it.

As far as base map goes, Its gonna work on target AFR's right? Take and select whole fuel map and richen percentage of displacement increase, lets say 5% or 10%(open loop only). You need to log, have wideband, and take some time.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
As far as base map goes, Its gonna work on target AFR's right? Take and select whole fuel map and richen percentage of displacement increase, lets say 5% or 10%(open loop only). You need to log, have wideband, and take some time.
Yup, and timing. I already have an EvoScan license and a AEM UEGO wideband. I might just soften up the timing, add a bunch of fuel, etc. I'm not sure if the current injector scaling and MAF settings will cause too many problems though even with the fuel and timing fattened up.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Why? If it can do it, and do it acceptably then go for it.

Well, time is money right? The setup that Stew is talking about has never been done before (AFAIK) Will all of the extra time necessary to rework the maps be less than the cost of an AEM (or whatever) with a map that's almost spot on?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stew
Yup, and timing. I already have an EvoScan license and a AEM UEGO wideband. I might just soften up the timing, add a bunch of fuel, etc. I'm not sure if the current injector scaling and MAF settings will cause too many problems though even with the fuel and timing fattened up.
Becareful with running extremely rich on a new motor. Could flood rings and cause them not to get a good seal.