Notices
ECU Flash

This is why TurboTrix is the best =)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2006, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is why TurboTrix is the best =)

Was having a lot of troubles with my car, went from trapping 118-119 on pump gas and 22psi to trapping 114mph at 28psi on alky.
It turned out to be a JDM MR diverter valve that broke for what ever reason, and ended up that it wouldn't even hold 5psi....now this wasn't a fair test, because they don't put pressure on the nipple on the BOV so obviously it's going to open earlier, but the 50mm Tial during testing was holding around 18psi using the same "unfair testing".

We ended up doing "fair" testing to the charge system and it held 32psi for MINUTES with a max pressure loss of MAYBE 1psi. The intake manifold and such was not part of the testing, and neither was the turbo, due to the fact that the seals in the turbo WILL leak.

Reguardless, on the old broken setup I would see around 7 degrees of timing at full boost and 14ish at redline. To me this is not very good, though it is not very bad. After fighting with my setup due to my BOV and alky system (that is being swapped out for a better unit, namely SMC) the pros at TurboTrix had called this issue right from the get go. The JDM MR valve was never meant to hold 28psi and I think by pushing it so I caused it to start leaking earlier and earlier, although that is only speculation.

Blouch Turbo custom machined plugs to fit my charge system and the testing commenced, a Tial vent to atmosphere unit was custom welded by Mike at Blouch Turbo and plugs were machined by Robert Blouch himself to fill the old recirculating holes.(say what you want but the car WILL perform better at WOT where I need it most).

The car does buck at low level boost shifts, due to the pig rich nature of running a VTA bov, but the car....oh the car pulls like an absolute beast, and I have the logs to prove it, which you can download below.

Paul at TurboTrix gave me some launching and driving lessons, and with that I took the car to a 12.02@114mph, now that the car is going to be holding boost the way it's supposed to, we're going to be back to trapping 118+ on pump.

I think for grins and giggles I'm going to take the car to maple grove and push 28psi and some methanol and see if I can get my long awaited 120MPH trap.

Special thanks to Blouch Turbo and TurboTrix racing, the car is a beast, and everything is falling into place now.

Please feel free to check out the logs and make any comments you wish. I will say this though, the fact that the car sees 20 degrees of timing at redline is absolutely awsome, at full boost the lowest timing is still 10 degrees and the curve looks awsome.

BTW these are 2nd and 3rd gear pulls, I wanted to see how the rich shift condition would effect performance. One pull is on alky and 21psi the other is on pump and 21psi.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
logs.zip (11.3 KB, 42 views)
Old Aug 15, 2006, 05:41 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you should come down some time, we are in york, pa..

35 mins from MG...

cb
Old Aug 15, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

I live in Lebanon and Work in Harrisburg, when you say "we" who do you mean?

And what do you want me to come down for?

I think the text looks like I'm being sarcastic, but I'm serious.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 on props for Turbotrix... i havent had the honor of working with them but always hearing great stories of how good of a company they r! Keep up that GREAT service sirs!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Thats good stuff right there.

So does TT tune using ECUflash? If they do im gonna have to give them a call. I live around the corner so i hope it works out.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

What does this post have to do with ECUFLASH ??
Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

It has to do with Ecuflash because I used the Tactrix cable to make these wonderful logs.

Thanks for playing, we have some wonderful parting gifts for you. Although it's funny because I remember almost buying an SRT4 off of you.....name sounded so familiar.

As far as what TurboTrix uses for flashing, they use both I believe (tech tom being the original), but for you that is seamless, I had a techtom flash and I can use the tactrix cable and ecuflash.

Last edited by 4TUN8; Aug 16, 2006 at 12:40 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Back in the days of the SRT-4.... That was a neat car. I Think I traded that in on a 20th AE GTi or maybe it was the STi... one or the other.

Thank you for explaining.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Umm man.. Are you still using EVOScan 0.7 because these logs look like crap :|

Glad to see you're getting the issues worked out