Notices
ECU Flash

log boost with JDM MAP sensor (updated instructions)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2007, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Our cars already have an AIT. How else could you log inlet temps?
Old May 15, 2007, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got done installing mine. Works perfect. No issues at all and no cel. Thanks for all the hard work you did mrfred
Old May 16, 2007, 06:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Added Evo 8 94170015 ROM to the instructions.
Old May 16, 2007, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

I have the GM 3 bar sensor which is used to monitor and log boost using my PLX wideband unit. I guess going this route won't help me much. Although, the idea of speed density would be enough for me to switch over to this setup.
Old May 16, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mrfred, my MAP just came today. Thanks for checking on it for me.

Install went smoothly and took about 10 minutes. I flashed the ECU with the new JDM data and everything seems great. I'll do some runs tonight to see the real results.

I have to say though ... your PSI conversion for EvoScan is off. I logged the MAP sensor with the engine off and was getting a reading of 0.00004 psi. That's completely unacceptable ... I'm about 610' above sea level.

So, everyone take note ... mrfred's calculations are not 100% correct ... they are only 99.99996% correct. Great job man!
Old May 16, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Touring Bubble, let us know how your readings go. Seems pretty accurate without the engine on though.
Old May 16, 2007, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
Touring Bubble, let us know how your readings go. Seems pretty accurate without the engine on though.
Its seems to be pretty damn accurate. I dynoed not to long ago and my ebc was .12psi off from the dyno. Logging with the jdm map matches up to my ebc boost Again thanks for all the work mrfred

Last edited by kreionic; May 16, 2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old May 16, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kreionic
Its seems to be pretty damn accurate. I dynoed not to long ago and my ebc was .12psi off from the dyno. Logging with the jdm map matches up to my ebc boost Again thanks for all the work mrfred
Where you able to log boost with the Logworks Plug-ins? Or are you using Evoscan?
Old May 16, 2007, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Well, the MAP seems to read a little lower than my OE gauge, but it's probably more accurate. I'm going to trust it since the atmosphere comparison was dead on. Here is a log of 4th gear ...
Old May 16, 2007, 10:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
Well, the MAP seems to read a little lower than my OE gauge, but it's probably more accurate. I'm going to trust it since the atmosphere comparison was dead on. Here is a log of 4th gear ...
I pasted your log on top of one of my more recent 4th gear logs. Fairly similar load and boost. Main differences appear to be timing at low rpm and fueling at higher rpm.

Attached Thumbnails log boost with JDM MAP sensor (updated instructions)-touringbubble-v-mrfred-4th-20070516_m1.jpg  
Old May 17, 2007, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, but I don't really know what I'm doing, so that's another difference.

I'm kinda jealous that you're spooling faster, but I honestly just guessed on my VVT map so it's not surprising. You also seem to have a little bit less boost taper. I'm running a bit leaner and running a little more timing.

Now, I did consider this a little conservative since I'm still on the stock cat and air filter. How do you think our numbers would compare?
Old May 17, 2007, 06:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Yeah, but I don't really know what I'm doing, so that's another difference.

I'm kinda jealous that you're spooling faster, but I honestly just guessed on my VVT map so it's not surprising. You also seem to have a little bit less boost taper. I'm running a bit leaner and running a little more timing.

Now, I did consider this a little conservative since I'm still on the stock cat and air filter. How do you think our numbers would compare?
I was at WOT by 2200 rpm. Looks like you didn't hit WOT until around 2600 rpm. I think that's why yours spooled a bit later.

You should be able to lessen the taper at high rpm with WGDC adjustment. The 3rd gear log below shows my current WGDC map. Notice how I increase the duty cycle as the rpms go up? This log shows the boost and load tapering, but I've done that on purpose. With a more aggressive WGDC map, I can hold a load of 240-245 out to 6000 rpm. However, the car was too prone to knock at high rpm, so I started pushing up load and boost at lower rpm, and taking a bit away at higher rpm.

I see that at higher rpm, your motor seems to hold the same load as mine using less boost. Do you have a TBE?

I was wondering the same thing last night about how the two cars would compare on a dyno. Does same load = same power? I don't know.

Attached Thumbnails log boost with JDM MAP sensor (updated instructions)-evoscandatalog_2007.05.15_19.09.24_3rd.jpg  
Old May 17, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I tried the WGDC adjustment and got pretty much no result. Basically, with the pill I'm using, the WGDC just goes up to about 65 and sits there even though my WGDC table has values that are higher. My boost seems to only be controlled by the boost desired and load offset maps. The WGDC just goes and sits where it needs to be.

That said, I can limit the max WGDC with the WGDC table, but that would require requesting much higher loads than i really want. I have not tried that route. I also still have the low end of the error correction map enabled, but it doesn't seem to really affect anything. I'll post my settings during lunch.

I have a manifold, O2 and downpipe, but stock from the cat onward. Those are my only physical power mods.
Old May 17, 2007, 08:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Well, I tried the WGDC adjustment and got pretty much no result. Basically, with the pill I'm using, the WGDC just goes up to about 65 and sits there even though my WGDC table has values that are higher. My boost seems to only be controlled by the boost desired and load offset maps. The WGDC just goes and sits where it needs to be.

That said, I can limit the max WGDC with the WGDC table, but that would require requesting much higher loads than i really want. I have not tried that route. I also still have the low end of the error correction map enabled, but it doesn't seem to really affect anything. I'll post my settings during lunch.

I have a manifold, O2 and downpipe, but stock from the cat onward. Those are my only physical power mods.
Email your ROM to me.
Old May 17, 2007, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

I reversed the old setup instructions and used the new ones (evo 9 013 rom) and so far after a day and a couple pulls no CEL . It does read slightly off when the vehicle is off..

Reading: -0.18618

:-\

Quick Reply: log boost with JDM MAP sensor (updated instructions)