Attached Thumbnails TephraMOD V5.10-untitled.png  
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:55 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SeanV
What am I doing wrong here?

When using this patch for the 96530006 Rom, these are the values I see in the
"Tephra Mod Options" table.
Did you redo your xml modifications? Are you reading the 5.10 rom?
Old Aug 27, 2008, 04:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
remove the old xml from previous mods..
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why am I getting the xmlhandelerhelper saying I have a parse error on line 19 column 5?
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:37 PM
EvoM Guru

post up line 19???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fostytou
Did you redo your xml modifications? Are you reading the 5.10 rom?
Thx, fixed now.

I was trying to use the new xml file with my ol ROM, I had to copy my change tables etc into the new 5.10 Rom included with the patch which the sorted it out.

One question...
It has been asked before but after searching, it seems to be unanswered.
What exactly does "Map Averaging" do?
Old Aug 28, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

<table name="KnockSum Required for Slow CEL" category="Mods" address="3f20a" type="1D" scaling="uint16"/>
Old Aug 28, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
I was speaking about this mod+HFS-1+and FP red on my home forum and my buddy jumped and and said this.......

"Keep in mind you can't use tephramod fo your 96940011 ROM ID ECU..There are ways to do it but you will lose some functionality specifically the immobilizer..I'd rather just keep my rom ID and reflash when needed, it's not like it to incredibly difficult!"

How true is that statement?
Old Aug 28, 2008, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh, Tephra ... just an idea. For future updates, would it be possible to not change the addresses for the fuel/timing/boost maps? I'm not sure how it all woks, but would it be possible to work around them?

It was just a pain swapping over tables from v5 since the XML had to be changed for the new patch. I ended up swapping the XML back a few times. If the addresses for those tables stayed the same the XML change wouldn't affect those tables that needed to be copied.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Dballz, Your friend is correct regarding the 96940011 ROM not being supported after version 4.8. This is due to lack of space. If you convert to the 96530006 ROM you will only lose the immobilizer function. Just use the workaround discussed in the thread about it. I am using this new ROM with Tephra 5.10 and works very well.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so I got all of this working on my 96530006 ROM an went out to do some logs.

I added the data below to Evoscan 2.5's data.xml file so I could log 1 byte load.

<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Load 1Byte" LogReference="Load1B" RequestID="41" Eval="1.2*x" Unit="load" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="270" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="270" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />

And found a problem while logging 1byte load, it will log to a max of 306, and then the logged values would drop to very low numbers, until the 1byte load returne to under 306, at which point, the logged values would be normal again for 1 byte load.

See the attached log. From line 163 to line 221 the problem occurs.
It is as if, 1byte load has a max value which it can log. In this case, it seems to be 306.
Attached Files
Old Aug 28, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the max load for the 1byte mod is adjustable ... there is a modifier in the mod options that's set to "1.2." Increase that value to log higher loads. The value is represented in the EvoScan data item as well ... change Eval="1.2*x" to the new value you've defined in ECUFlash. 1.5 should tide you over.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by fixem2
Dballz, Your friend is correct regarding the 96940011 ROM not being supported after version 4.8. This is due to lack of space. If you convert to the 96530006 ROM you will only lose the immobilizer function. Just use the workaround discussed in the thread about it. I am using this new ROM with Tephra 5.10 and works very well.
Ok thanks for jumping in this one. Maybe I will just take my cheap *** and buy a laptop so I can load the maps when needed. I mean to be honest with you in the summer I barely drive the car cause I have a bike. I only drive it when it rains or when I go to the track. How often am I going to be running more then what I need on pump anyway. Plus doesn't meth have a self life anyway? What I'll do is when I do my FP red upgrade I'll have it tuned for 93, 93+100%meth, C16, and C16+100%meth. I'll just have to remember to load the map when i want to raise the boost
Old Aug 28, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DBallz
Ok thanks for jumping in this one. Maybe I will just take my cheap *** and buy a laptop so I can load the maps when needed. I mean to be honest with you in the summer I barely drive the car cause I have a bike. I only drive it when it rains or when I go to the track. How often am I going to be running more then what I need on pump anyway. Plus doesn't meth have a self life anyway? What I'll do is when I do my FP red upgrade I'll have it tuned for 93, 93+100%meth, C16, and C16+100%meth. I'll just have to remember to load the map when i want to raise the boost
My apologies regarding the immobilizer info on your ROM ID DBallz. I COMPLETELY forgot about that rom having issues. For what its worth, if you use Tephra's valet mode as an engine kill feature, the car is unable to start unless you hold down the gas pedal for a preset amount of time (adjustable by the user in ECUFlash). Its not as perfect as the immobilizer feature but it sure helps me sleep better at night

Meth will last a long time if its 100% sealed. If air can get to it at all, meth will literally absorb all of the moisture it can from the air. This obviously dilutes the mixture.

So who do we blame for this page being 9 miles wide? Tephra?????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????
Old Aug 28, 2008, 04:38 PM
EvoM Guru

if people are interested I can try and solve the immobiliser problem - i Just need to track the code down and get ppl to log stuff for me

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V5.10