Notices
ECU Flash

SpoolinUp SD plug-n-play harness development

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick noob question for you guys. If I buy this harness do I still need the other parts that usually come in a put together SD kit?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, the harness just makes everything converting to SD a plug n play system instead of having to tap into wires.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you I'll be ordering one of these tomorrow!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

I may have missed it... But what exactly is the purpose of this harness? My car is running on SD right now, no spoolinup harness. What does it offer?

Edit: All I used was an Omni 4 bar. Nothing else... No wires spliced or anything.

Last edited by F0RSAKEN; Sep 27, 2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:54 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As for the baro, I need to dig back into that. I will probably just ship an adapter harness to MrFred as my ECUflash skills are minimal.

Originally Posted by F0RSAKEN
I may have missed it... But what exactly is the purpose of this harness? My car is running on SD right now, no spoolinup harness. What does it offer?

Edit: All I used was an Omni 4 bar. Nothing else... No wires spliced or anything.
It makes the IAT painless to hook up.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 03:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I assume using this harness means you will be using your maf iat wire as input for the temperature, NOT the fuel temp sensor, right?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes
Old Oct 17, 2010, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SpoolinUp
As for the baro, I need to dig back into that. I will probably just ship an adapter harness to MrFred as my ECUflash skills are minimal.

It makes the IAT painless to hook up.
If i buy the sd harness w/ IAT sensor does it come with a bung to weld on UICP?

Thanks
Walt
Old Oct 17, 2010, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Got switched over to SD with ECU controlled boost via the GM 3 port solenoid today!! I'm using Matt's SD harness and BCS adapter harness as well. Awesome products, made the conversion in about fifteen minutes while Phenem was sitting in my car making up base rom maps.

I highly recommend going with Matt's harnesses, it's all pnp and is top quality. No worries anywhere. Spoolin up coil on plug is next on my wish list.

To be sure, Phenem did an awesome job road tuning my car. He took his time, explained everything along the way and was meticulous in his adjustments. His experence in SD tuning was apparant from the get go, there was not any gray areas. He knows what he's doing. Car idles smooth and pulls hard till red line. It's never been this smooth! If your in driving range of central PA, make the drive to get tuned by Phenem!!
Old Oct 17, 2010, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evojon
Got switched over to SD with ECU controlled boost via the GM 3 port solenoid today!! I'm using Matt's SD harness and BCS adapter harness as well. Awesome products, made the conversion in about fifteen minutes while Phenem was sitting in my car making up base rom maps.

I highly recommend going with Matt's harnesses, it's all pnp and is top quality. No worries anywhere. Spoolin up coil on plug is next on my wish list.

To be sure, Phenem did an awesome job road tuning my car. He took his time, explained everything along the way and was meticulous in his adjustments. His experence in SD tuning was apparant from the get go, there was not any gray areas. He knows what he's doing. Car idles smooth and pulls hard till red line. It's never been this smooth! If your in driving range of central PA, make the drive to get tuned by Phenem!!
John,

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you enjoy the car! Matt's stuff is def. top notch!
Old Oct 18, 2010, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What would it take to get it done via email? LOL. I am struggling with having someone do it locally or or trying to find someone to do it remotely (brave enough). I'l already ECU controlled boost. Bought Matt's kit with the IAT sensor.....I don't think I need anything else.

DAmmit this is turning out to be more difficult then I thought. Waiting on a call back from Aaron at ER
Old Oct 18, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
What issues you having?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evojon

damn thats awesome i may have to hit him up on this sometime as its hard to find someone comfortable tuning cars running SD...
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the new custom moulded plug ready yet?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

I'm getting an SD map next week on a spare IX ecu, as previously mentioned what does this offer or it is a DIY sd map harness instead of remapping current non ecu map?

Quick Reply: SpoolinUp SD plug-n-play harness development