Notices
ECU Flash

General non-information about factory ALS

Old Sep 6, 2011, 05:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
General non-information about factory ALS

Factory ALS is a bit of a myth, but Ive seen it working in various USDM cars.

Ive been searching for a long time, and people have integrated it in various ways to the USDM roms, which none have been revealed. . The disassembly thread died long ago ..

I will donate, pay etc, just trying to acomplish this

I have my own setup that is similar in function the OEM stuff, if the ROM functioned, I would like to tweak my hardware!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think the consensus was that for proper factory ALS u need the factory hardware first.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 05:33 PM
EvoM Guru

That consensus aside, the rom still needs to function correct? I'm only concerned about the rom in this thread.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
You can do it either way. The factory parts do make it better for sure.

Aaron
Old Sep 8, 2011, 08:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
the usdm roms do not have als code. as jb said, if you want als, there are two choices.

1) get factory als hardware, hook it up properly, and run an als rom.

2) do your own homebrew als hardware. if someone can come up with effective homebrew hardware, i'm sure that someone would step up to write any needed code.

i think there is relatively low interest thus far because people can build a few psi by retarding timing.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Ok, well, I do know for a fact that JB/Evors had a USDM rom running with ALS on factory hardware, and Evors even said he would post a tutorial several times if somone made him the table to fine tune.. I dont know how to do that, but I would like to experiment to say the least. using JIC-npt fittings is my solution and it keeps the parts availability local.

Originally Posted by evoRS06
I have posted in this thread and others that as sone as someone that can make me the table that I want to fine tune my anti lag I will post up a how too. I have working anti lag now, but I would like to refine it. I am using a usdm 9 ecu on a usdm 9 with sas valve and lines, everything else is factory usdm. Like I sad, anti lag can be done, but my request for the table has, I guess, been ignored or considered not a priority. So I will wait patiently
Old Sep 9, 2011, 02:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
Ok, well, I do know for a fact that JB/Evors had a USDM rom running with ALS on factory hardware, and Evors even said he would post a tutorial several times if somone made him the table to fine tune.. I dont know how to do that, but I would like to experiment to say the least. using JIC-npt fittings is my solution and it keeps the parts availability local.
I guarantee that no one controlling the factory ALS hardware using a USDM ROM. There is no code to control it, and its not trivial to insert the code because the ALS hardware uses some of the outputs that are used to control emissions on USDM Evos, so the emissions algorithms would have to be disabled, and the ALS code properly added to a USDM ROM.

The only successful instance I've heard of running factory ALS hardware on a USDM Evo was one where a JDM ROM was used. I suppose its also possible to setup some sort of manual control over the factory ALS hardware as well.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 02:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Not disrespecting your intellect, but the video was posted by jb, and that claim was made in the same thread if not same post.

Jdm rom would need repinning or adressing correct? and would not be obd 2 capable.

I'm still very interested in this, I've been on ebay.co.uk for a while but noone yet has shipping to the us, that I've seen

Could it bee a simple as referencing the low oct ign and fuel map on overrun? and opening the solenoid...

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Sep 9, 2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 02:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Not disrespecting your intellect, but the video was posted by jb, and that claim was made in the same thread if not same post.

Jdm rom would need repinning or adressing correct? and would not be obd 2 capable.

I'm still very interested in this, I've been on ebay.co.uk for a while but noone yet has shipping to the us, that I've seen

Could it bee a simple as referencing the low oct ign and fuel map on overrun? and opening the solenoid...
Can you provide a link to the video?

A JDM ROM does not require rearranging the USDM ROM ECU inputs. It does run OBD2 routines, but not all the ones used in a USDM ROM. Some engine control routines would not work properly on a USDM car because of some inputs and outputs being used for different things. For instance, the JDM Evo 9 ROM expects to see manifold intake temperature on pin 96, but on a USDM Evo, pin 96 is hooked up to a fuel tank temperature sensor. This could cause a bit of heartburn with the fallback SD implementation built into JDM Evo 9 ROMs.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Factory ALS code is also at 88580014 rom and that rom does not use map or MAT sensor. Is there some other inputs/outputs that are different between JDM and USDM?

Last edited by donner; Sep 9, 2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 03:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by donner
Factory ALS code is also at 88580014 rom and that rom does not use map or MAT sensor. Is there some other inputs/outputs that are different between JDM and USDM?
That makes things easier if trying to use a non-US ROM. Not sure what else might be different. Easiest way to figure it out is to compare pinouts.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 03:22 PM
EvoM Guru

I found the video and description. You are right - it looks like they are using a USDM ROM. However they are not using factory ALS code. Its some sort of adaptation using existing code. As I said in my first post in this thread, its possible to write code to insert into a USDM ROM (or in their case, make use of existing code).
Old Sep 9, 2011, 03:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Ok, well I would def like this to new ecu controlled. My best bet is to get hardware sorted, and search for code writers. Basically, I am going to take a metal bpv, open the reference port to atmosphere, and plug the piston side bleeder hole. run two steel lines taken from my scuba diving cascade set up and npt those into the mani.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought all of my parts off of MLR and had the guys ship it over.

I too have been waiting for several years for this box of parts to work. I'm willing to pay for someone to write the code.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 03:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Whats mlr? Mitsubishi lancer register?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: General non-information about factory ALS