Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Erland ***
Spyros, how can you have grip on a ordinary road with 1400 hp even if you have 4 wheel drive? What kind of tires are you using?

Erland

No, above 1200-1400hp even the heavy weight of the car makes it spin with regular street use tires, we have test r888, toyo R1r, Falkens, Federal, Kumho, semislicks and totaly slicks and we decide to use M&H strip DOT tires for this kind of street surfaces. We made boost by gear and traction control to solve a small part of the problem. The other good thing is that these low torque-high power-rev engines makes the wheelspin smoother and help us more.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Extreme Tuners
No, above 1200-1400hp even the heavy weight of the car makes it spin with regular street use tires, we have test r888, toyo R1r, Falkens, Federal, Kumho, semislicks and totaly slicks and we decide to use M&H strip DOT tires for this kind of street surfaces. We made boost by gear and traction control to solve a small part of the problem. The other good thing is that these low torque-high power-rev engines makes the wheelspin smoother and help us more.
What ecu and traction system are you running?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor

We use our own powerfull ecu units with built in advanced traction control system.
I will make a special post for these plug n play units.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

We use our own powerfull ecu units with built in advanced traction control system.
I will make a special post for these plug n play units.
Ok i'm interested to know more about these. I figured you'd just be using a motec or marelli ecu.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:49 PM

Look a few pages back. He posted all the info and screen shots of the interface.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:31 PM

But that means that you can never use 1400hp and that the traction control will be in until the car has built down force to get traction, am I right?

I am also curious to why you are trying to use bigger exhaust valves than intake valves?
The exhausts work is so much easier than the intakes and exhaust with smaller valve already flows more than intake
at low lifts and almost as much at high lifts because the diffusion is so much better out of than into the cylinder.

Erland
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ch53avitech
Funny how Extreme Tuners was getting bashed to hell until they starting showing us pictures of shiny car parts lol.
You know I thought the same thing.... but I think some of us that actually design parts, are educated enough in engineering, and even worked/seen F1 technology knew that Spyros was the real deal right off the bat.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by GTijoejoe
You know I thought the same thing.... but I think some of us that actually design parts, are educated enough in engineering, and even worked/seen F1 technology knew that Spyros was the real deal right off the bat.
I'm looking forward to see some cold hard 60-130 numbers.....Then all the Venders that were so arrogant and ignorant before can take a good hard look and say to themselves “F**k Me”
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Teal2nnr
I'm looking forward to see some cold hard 60-130 numbers.....Then all the Venders that were so arrogant and ignorant before can take a good hard look and say to themselves “F**k Me”
60-130 times wont mean sh*t to them. all they care about is 1/4 mile times.

instead of admitting to the fact that the stuff extreme tuners does is in a completely different leauge then what they are doing, they will continue to cry and make excuses and claim that hes faking the numbers.

im sorry, but anyone can bolt on parts to cars and charge money for labor services and use off the shelf parts from different companies to build a product you sell under your shop name.

To R&D parts from nothing and engineer the stuff these guys have cant even be compared to these shops in the US.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
60-130mph to be fair seems much like a dyno queen only speed range, as Spyros basically confirmed because he won't do 30-130mph because of lag. The good thing at least is the fact that you can't manipulate the acceleration results like you can dyno results, if the car does 60-130mph in <3s then there is no two ways about it that its a fast car.... even if it will be no good on the road, track, and potentially get beaten by things with maybe a little over half the power.

Nothing wrong with building a dyno queen, but nothing useful either.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
To R&D parts from nothing and engineer the stuff these guys have cant even be compared to these shops in the US.
And BINGO was his name-O
As I was just explaining to someone today, show me another shop that can design and manufacture the large verity of parts that these guys can?
I may not have a ton of experience compared to some, but the ~12yrs I've been modifying, tuning and building cars I can't think of one that compares equally or comes close. Not that any compare, I just don't know of any.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

From standing pass and with dragtires in the dragstrip the time is always lower as the car coming to 60mph faster.
We realy want to see something from 30-40-50 full throtle pass, from the cars on the list. And ofcourse on a regular road. From the list above i see that some starting from standing.
Spyros,

i love the tire / wheel combo! more details?

BTW UGR Gallardo @ 3.04 secs was done on the street with a passenger in the car too if i remember correctly...
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by MrLith
60-130mph to be fair seems much like a dyno queen only speed range, as Spyros basically confirmed because he won't do 30-130mph because of lag. The good thing at least is the fact that you can't manipulate the acceleration results like you can dyno results, if the car does 60-130mph in <3s then there is no two ways about it that its a fast car.... even if it will be no good on the road, track, and potentially get beaten by things with maybe a little over half the power.

Nothing wrong with building a dyno queen, but nothing useful either.
Well....if the car was built to challenge the 60-130mph...then thats what its for. A dyno queen would be a car that has no use other then on the dyno, hence the name....like a car that has huge power and no traction....I fail to see how the term has reference here.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The fact of the matter is there is no car built to be able to compete in everything. You cant build a 1/4 mile evo and expect it to win at the standing mile....
Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah fair enough, personal preference and as I eluded to - I see nothing wrong with it, just from my perspective its quite strange to put that much effort in blatently impressive engineering and tuning into a "competition" which is relatively speaking pretty niche ... not overly widely recognized. 1/4mile is a globally recognized thing, has been and will be for ages and is a very level base for comparison.

Nonetheless interested to see more results and development, always interesting

Quick Reply: Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)