Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

763whp/595tq STOCK ECU, SpeedDensity, E85 by TTP!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2009, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on times and mph Scott!!!, I went to Bradenton but the best i could do was 11.5 costing 2/3 of the way down the track cuz my 5th gear would lock me out completely, so i need an evo 8 3/4th gear which i think my boy Raif back north has one for me over the winter when i go home.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

I am surprised nobody has said anything about rigging the track yet.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 09:52 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jk's03EVO
I am surprised nobody has said anything about rigging the track yet.
Rigging it to go slower?

Good luck to TTP getting this car fixed up and running the traps it should be.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:19 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fathouse
Very nice man, what where the split times?

Fathouse

Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Agreed, at over 750 hp on a Mustang dyno this car should have NO problems being under 9.5 and WELL over 150 mph. Those times arent even close to the HP potential.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
Agreed, at over 750 hp on a Mustang dyno this car should have NO problems being under 9.5 and WELL over 150 mph. Those times arent even close to the HP potential.
Is your life that boring that you have to troll both of TTP's threads in this section AND in the drag racing section? Honestly....
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

at this point in time, yes it is

And I just happened to be in those sections, not really trolling.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:56 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very nice
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:47 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Is your life that boring that you have to troll both of TTP's threads in this section AND in the drag racing section? Honestly....
People get all butt hurt over dyno numbers. They feel the need to announce in each thread they they dynoed their car on an abnormal MD.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
very nice
Thanks Chris.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Im over a half second faster with 50 less hp, im FAR from butt hurt
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
Im over a half second faster with 50 less hp, im FAR from butt hurt
You are using an abnormal dyno and your car is considerably lighter.

Uncorrected in 90*F+ our peak numbers were 713whp.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Car shouldnt be that much lighter. Hence the saying for something being wrong in the weighting department. My car isnt anywhere close to being gutted. Missing the AC in my car is more than made up for by taking all the seats and sway bars out.

I just find it hard to believe that this car weights over 3300 pounds when:
running slicks, light wheels, no sway bars, all seats removed, missing half the exhaust, no spoiler and etc.

Things dont add how you can take weight out and the car still weighs more than it did from the factory. Are all the parts you add heavier than stock? because to me thats the dumbest thing there is.

Im just trying to comprehend how half the interior can be out and the car still weighs that much?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Our dyno, for reference, reads the same as CBRD's. Cars have been dyno'd both places are are close enough to call them the same.

Also for reference I spoke to Mustang Dyno yesterday about your dyno. The numbers that my dyno and CBRD's dyno are spitting out are what they consider normal. Any other comments they made will only turn this into a pissing match.

Since you referred to my dyno again, I came by to put out just those few facts. Beyond that it doesn't matter.

I think we can both admit that I've built more than my share of fast EVO's, as in 9's and quicker. I look at your mod list and I look at your MPH, both simple enough to do. I can get within 25 whp of guessing what any combination I am familar with is going to make generally on OUR dyno, not yours. Based on what it makes here I can tell what an EVO should trap. Doing all of this tell me your car would probably trap right where it did, 143'ish with the mods you have on it, the fuel and such. So good job getting that part of the job done, seriously. On this dyno or CBRD's though the power level would be, at best 600'ish.

I know dyno's are tuning tools and none of us should argue about it. The problem with myself and a ton of other vendors since they are contacting me left and right, is the numbers you are putting out are so over inflated that for an un-informed EVOm member to read them they think you must know something the rest of us don't, I can assure you that's not the case.

That is why the rediculously high numbers are a PITA for everyone, except you and a few others that do the same thing.

Last edited by David Buschur; Nov 5, 2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:47 PM
Account Disabled

That's interesting because I talked to Ed Morgante at MustangDyne and he stated that yours was low reading and ours was calibrated correctly. We walked through the whole diagnostics and he verified the load cell was calibrated perfectly and roller weight was 2152.52lbs.

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Our dyno, for reference, reads the same as CBRD's. Cars have been dyno'd both places are are close enough to call them the same.

Also for reference I spoke to Mustang Dyno yesterday about your dyno. The numbers that my dyno and CBRD's dyno are spitting out are what they consider normal. Any other comments they made will only turn this into a pissing match.
I would trade you home tracks any day of the year. Boy would we love to test and tune our Evo in 32*F weather with zero humidity. We would surely pick up a few mph easy with a 50*F drop in intake air temperature and density.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Nov 5, 2009 at 01:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 763whp/595tq STOCK ECU, SpeedDensity, E85 by TTP!