Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

763whp/595tq STOCK ECU, SpeedDensity, E85 by TTP!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
OK Scott. GST, CBRD we need to raise up our dyno numbers, the three of us are wrong, Scott is right...........Ed must be playing both sides of the fence is all I have to say.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:57 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
OK Scott. GST, CBRD we need to raise up our dyno numbers, the three of us are wrong, Scott is right...........Ed must be playing both sides of the fence is all I have to say.
Actually no. I have run virtual dyno room on GST's MD and ours read remarkably similar uncorrected. With median temperatures and low humidity, there is little benefit in them using weather correction.

Two conditions warrant the use of weather correction. Altitude such as Colorado and in tropical hot climates with high humidity levels.

The fact of the matter is that your dyno reads low, the whole forum has complained about it, you admit it yourself in many posts however because of your COLD, LOW HUMIDITY climate, using weather correction will only LOWER YOUR NUMBERS FURTHER so you are stuck with living with it or having MD come in a fix your situation. I figured that they would have fixed this already when your roll speed was reading 500rpms off and out of calibration. Should have killed two birds with one stone since that miscalibration of the rpms caused all pre-fix data to become no longer useful.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Nov 5, 2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If i had to deal with being questioned on a daily basis i would just take my car over to a dynojet 1x and dyno it and settle things.. Thats just me.. Im positive in the CFL area someone would be willing to let you dyno on their dynojet.. Ill bet some forum members would even pay for it..

Mike
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Oh boy..............it's winter here now. Then we have Summer/Spring and Fall too, it's crazy how that works. Summer here gets up to 100 degrees, although this year it did not. You are only taking one thing into account, weather as the difference between our two places. You said earlier that without the correction factor turned on your car would have made 713, that number is still higher than my car, Brian's car or the other 9 second EVO's we built have made. That is my point.

Your 2wd roll weight is 1100. Maybe MD flubbed up the dyno. I asked them yesterday if both our dyno's were on the floor there at the same time, when they left there would they both read the same, his answer was "Yes, absolutely." So something is wrong somewhere. I'd say obviously, if you haven't messed with your dyno and we all know I have no messed with mine that maybe the problem is MD is full of crap then.

Your 2wd weight is 1100, mine is almost double that.
Your 4wd weight is about 1300 pounds less than mine.

If neither of us have messed with our dyno's then I think MD has some explaining to do.

What is your parasitic multiplier set at? What about the roll speed parasitics?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:09 PM
Account Disabled

Oh boy..............it's winter here now. Then we have Summer/Spring and Fall too, it's crazy how that works. Summer here gets up to 100 degrees, although this year it did not. You are only taking one thing into account, weather as the difference between our two places. You said earlier that without the correction factor turned on your car would have made 713, that number is still higher than my car, Brian's car or the other 9 second EVO's we built have made. That is my point.

Your 2wd roll weight is 1100. Maybe MD flubbed up the dyno. I asked them yesterday if both our dyno's were on the floor there at the same time, when they left there would they both read the same, his answer was "Yes, absolutely." So something is wrong somewhere. I'd say obviously, if you haven't messed with your dyno and we all know I have no messed with mine that maybe the problem is MD is full of crap then.

Your 2wd weight is 1100, mine is almost double that.
Your 4wd weight is about 1300 pounds less than mine.

If neither of us have messed with our dyno's then I think MD has some explaining to do.

What is your parasitic multiplier set at? What about the roll speed parasitics?
You have a 4 roller front MD and ours is a 3 roller front. They are both AWD-500 SE however different configurations. Your roller weight is heavier because you have an extra roller and I think the track is wider.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Just did a quick search, this is an average weather for Norwalk, Ohio. I don't know what year but here it is.

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Avg. High 31° 34° 45° 57° 68° 78° 82° 80° 74° 62° 48° 37°
Avg. Low 15° 17° 26° 36° 47° 56° 60° 58° 52° 40° 34° 21°
Mean 24° 26° 36° 47° 58° 68° 72° 70° 64° 52° 41° 28°
Avg. Precip. 1.9 in 1.7 in 2.8 in 3.1 in 3.6 in 3.9 in 4.3 in 3.5 in 3.3 in 2.3 in 2.9 in 2.8 in
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

I know what I have and what you have and why there is a weight difference. Sheesh. I have a MD-500-SE, you have a MD-500-SE-E.

I am pointing out to you that there is a HUGE difference in roller weight the car is spinning and that if you have not screwed with your dyno and I have not screwed with mine then MD has a situation they need to figure out and fix.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Actually no. I have run virtual dyno room on GST's MD and ours read remarkably similar uncorrected. With median temperatures and low humidity, there is little benefit in them using weather correction.

Two conditions warrant the use of weather correction. Altitude such as Colorado and in tropical hot climates with high humidity levels.

The fact of the matter is that your dyno reads low, the whole forum has complained about it, you admit it yourself in many posts however because of your COLD, LOW HUMIDITY climate, using weather correction will only LOWER YOUR NUMBERS FURTHER so you are stuck with living with it or having MD come in a fix your situation. I figured that they would have fixed this already when your roll speed was reading 500rpms off and out of calibration. Should have killed two birds with one stone since that miscalibration of the rpms caused all pre-fix data to become no longer useful.
why not run your personal logs through VDR software? You should send them to the guy that created it so he can process it and either shut the doubters up, or prove them right..
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
If i had to deal with being questioned on a daily basis i would just take my car over to a dynojet 1x and dyno it and settle things.. Thats just me.. Im positive in the CFL area someone would be willing to let you dyno on their dynojet.. Ill bet some forum members would even pay for it..

Mike

Thats True!!!

I WILL OFFER 3 DYNO PULLS IN OUR DYNOJET FOR FREE FOR THIS CAR ....i wan to see what numbers put in our dyno

Let me know guys!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

I just realized what VRD is/was.

BVP has volunteered to have you take your car at the 763 whp tune to their dyno and make a pull for free. How about doing it, wouldn't take long and we can then get an idea of what is going on?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:19 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
I need to keep out of most of this since I keep getting a wrist slap and points every time I breath in your direction from the mods but this I could not pass up.

You have run virtual dyno room on our dyno and yours and they read similar? Virtually they are the same? What a laugh, Every single dynojet (and our Mustang dyno, BR's, CBRDS, Vivid, etc) of a stock 09 ralliart reads lower than your "Mustang" dyno uncorrected AND corrected but in your virtual reality our dynos read the same. Ok there.

God the internet sucks. God save the internetz.

- Bryan

Last edited by GST Motorsports; Nov 5, 2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

hopefully mods keep this alive for possible interesting results.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

GST, what does a stock EVO8-9 make on your dyno and what does a stock EVOX 5 speed make there?

EVO8's typically made about 210 here and 9's made 215. EVOX's also about 215 whp. This was pulling them all in 3rd gear for reference.

CBRD said an stock EVO8 makes about 200 on their dyno, EVO9 220-225 and EVOX 230's.

Now, I want to interject something here. The STOCK EVO8-9-X's we have had here are stock as in so new they have window stickers and now plates on them, still have the **** fuel in them they are delivered here from Japan in them. 1-2 miles on them only. The stock cars we had here we've dyno'd were all BR330-BR350's we built and the only ones I kept track of. I've seen higher numbers from stock cars with a few miles on them and 93-94 octane in them.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:32 PM
Account Disabled

GST, what does a stock EVO8-9 make on your dyno and what does a stock EVOX 5 speed make there?

EVO8's typically made about 210 here and 9's made 215. EVOX's also about 215 whp. This was pulling them all in 3rd gear for reference.

CBRD said an stock EVO8 makes about 200 on their dyno, EVO9 220-225 and EVOX 230's.

Now, I want to interject something here. The STOCK EVO8-9-X's we have had here are stock as in so new they have window stickers and now plates on them, still have the **** fuel in them they are delivered here from Japan in them. 1-2 miles on them only. The stock cars we had here we've dyno'd were all BR330-BR350's we built and the only ones I kept track of. I've seen higher numbers from stock cars with a few miles on them and 93-94 octane in them.
Stock 03/04 evo = 190-210whp

Stock 05 evo = 210-215whp

Stock 06 evo = 220-230whp

Stock 08 evo GSR = 215-230whp

Stock 09 Ralliart = 190-199whp
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
I need to keep out of most of this since I keep getting a wrist slap and points every time I breath in your direction from the mods but this I could not pass up.

You have run virtual dyno room on our dyno and yours and they read similar? Virtually they are the same? What a laugh, Every single dynojet (and our Mustang dyno, BR's, CBRDS, Vivid, etc) of a stock 09 ralliart reads lower than your "Mustang" dyno uncorrected AND corrected but in your virtual reality our dynos read the same. Ok there.

God the internet sucks. God save the internetz.

- Bryan
We ACTUALLY are in two different geographic climatic locations using different octane fuels. There is nothing virtual about this information.

Furthermore Buschur is comparing 94 octane to 91 octane dyno testing as well.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Nov 5, 2009 at 02:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 763whp/595tq STOCK ECU, SpeedDensity, E85 by TTP!