Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

FP Black on Pump vs. Stock IX Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2009, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rockbmx1
Maybe you should STFU?? Have you had first hand experience with the black? Has Aaron had first hand experience with the black?? Aaron has, so I would trust his imput with the spool.
A guys with literally 11 posts commenting on GST.. How good can it be more than that???

You better shut the hell up and respect people in here.. especially those who are there to help.. Keep your rubbish comments in your pants untill you know this forum and how you talk to people properly.. And that I believe will be achieved once you hit 200 comments at least
Old Dec 16, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Maybe he is posting at the bar?

/me raises glass...

- Bryan
Gotta love the iPhone. hah.

Maybe you should STFU?? Have you had first hand experience with the black? Has Aaron had first hand experience with the black?? Aaron has, so I would trust his imput with the spool.
Thanks for contributing to 99% of posts on this forum that are completely useless. You have added no value to the community. Thanks for wasting my bandwidth.

Originally Posted by localtoys73
my red 3800 spool on stock cams
I really really try to be civil and polite on the forums as much as possible but.... since you couldn't even spell one grammatically correct sentence nor provide any data, your opinion isn't worth anything more than rockbmx. Not trying to be a jerk, but from a scientific standpoint your post is useless.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
A guys with literally 11 posts commenting on GST.. How good can it be more than that???

You better shut the hell up and respect people in here.. especially those who are there to help.. Keep your rubbish comments in your pants untill you know this forum and how you talk to people properly.. And that I believe will be achieved once you hit 200 comments at least
So are you telling me that I know nothing because I don't ***** myself on the forums? Interesting, but don't talk out you *** about someone you know nothing about. Thanks.

I will respect every member of this forum as they respect others also. I never said anything about GST's tuning ablities, I was just not agreeing with his personal attack on JohnBradley. There is no need to call names or talk bad about someones thoughts about a car that they have tuned. I'm sure that JohnBradley could post logs of the spool time with the black, but I'm sure that many people will still think it's not legit.

I think that we can all get back to the real purpose of this thread now, and not bicker like school girls about personal issues you have with results and imput members have for the topic at hand.

Last edited by rockbmx1; Dec 16, 2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

So are you telling me that I know nothing because I don't ***** myself on the forums? Interesting, but don't talk out you *** about someone you know nothing about. Thanks.

I will respect every member of this forum as they respect others also. I never said anything about GST's tuning ablities, I was just not agreeing with his personal attack on JohnBradley. There is no need to call names or talk bad about someones thoughts about a car that they have tuned. I'm sure that JohnBradley could post logs of the spool time with the black, but I'm sure that many people will still think it's not legit.

I think that we can all get back to the real purpose of this thread now, and not bicker like school girls about personal issues you have with results and imput members have for the topic at hand.

You explanation of what people shouldn't do on forums or in general is basically what you did in the first place. That also started this whole tangent.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 01:42 PM
Account Disabled

I was just not agreeing with his personal attack on JohnBradley.
If you think that was a "personal attack" then you should see my hellos.

- Bryan
Old Dec 16, 2009, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I highly doubt that he was attacking John Bradley! Its called busting chops, even if he was I am sure Mr. Bradley is more than capable of defending himself.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think the results were all that bad...+81tq/+91hp @6800RPM at the same boost levels?

Of course the black is going to have lower peak torque numbers at the same boost levels because of later spool. Turn the boost up more and the torque on the black would be much higher and the HP even higher still.

I think the whole point of the comparison was just a back to back comparison without turning up the boost and maximizing the potential of the black.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

I may have been posting from the bar. The dyno didnt show the spike to 33, but it didnt show quite what the ECU was reporting either.

For reference, here is Luke's dynosheet at 41psi:

I do not even have dyno data to show it was 41psi at 5k. I will have to pull the AEM log off Luke's laptop when I get a chance. All our pulls are 3rd gear since a dynojet doesnt seem to need additional load like a Mustang. I didnt take anything personally Jason, so you can just work on getting along Also on Lucas' car it was making the same 30psi far sooner than the torque spike would seem to indicate.

My comment was based on what I consider normal boost to be, 24-26psi on a MIVEC car. Obviously "real" boost will take longer to achieve and modifiers such as MIVEC to Non MIVEC, cam size and choice, lots of variables.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Iphone for the win

I will drag out the other logs here in a bit but I honestly dont have a ton of them. Starting at 3500 on the pull resulted at full boost at 4500 as I recall. The one above was done to show that it was surge free from any rpm. Luke also likes to start pulls lower than I do. I typically never start a pull lower than I would on the street or if I do not by much.

If you look though at Lukes (non MIVEC I might add, with S2 vs the M2) vs this pull he is also making 41psi pretty much the same place this one is making 32-33. Once it hits the "whip" it really keeps multiplying. When Dan's car gets S2s in it vs the current Cossie I will start another thread. In the meantime, thanks for the roughhousing guys

Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by scheides
a) stupid this wasn't posted in teh dyno section
b) extra silly for not including any other mod info, boost level, or tune info on either turbo setup
c) seriously, why would you buy a black for a car you plan on only running 24psi, pump gas? My BBK made 430whp on a dynojet pretty easily at 24psi, and has a lot more bottom-end. BBK or HTAGreen are a better choice for a setup like this.

a) This was my first post ever on this forum. Sorry for posting in the "wrong" place
b) The car:
* Stock motor - low mileage + healthy, stock cams, no porting of anything (head, exhaust, ...)
* 3" Agency Power exhaust - turbo back
* Meghan O2 housing
* Buschur 4" I/C + BR I/C Pipes + Forge BOV
* Tune by "Big Al" - DynoFlash
* Dyno Used - Pruven Performance
* Boost level 24PSI
* Turbo Install - Pruven Performance
c) How do you know what I plan on running or what my goals are? I have an Aquamist sitting in my garage (had it before I bought the Black) and will be posting high boost - alcohol - numbers shortly. I can post my runs with a Green (with and without alcohol) for comparison when I post the high boost Black runs.

* These numbers are 100% real. I have no reason to post BS. I am just an everyday guy with an evo hoping to help other evo owners by sharing my results. I wasn't able to find any data on the Black with a stock/close to stock evo without race gas or meth (93 pump gas w/ a low boost level), so I figured others would be interested. The next post will have the high boost results.

Turbooutlaw

Last edited by turbooutlaw1976; Dec 16, 2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Always nice seeing Dynojet #'s to compare from
Old Dec 16, 2009, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

I don't have a boost plot at the moment, however on my car with the Black I hit 25psi at roughly 3800-3900 rpm's.

mods:

Stock block
Stock head (no porting or oversized valves)
Cosworth M3's
BR Intake
Amsoil filter
BR Ex manifold
Reese Tuning intake manifold
Milspec TB
Nisei UICP
AMS LICP
EPM O2 dump
BR TBE
FP Black
maybe a few other small things but that is about it

Old Dec 16, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BenJ
I don't have a boost plot at the moment, however on my car with the Black I hit 25psi at roughly 3800-3900 rpm's.

mods:

Stock block
Stock head (no porting or oversized valves)
Cosworth M3's
BR Intake
Amsoil filter
BR Ex manifold
Reese Tuning intake manifold
Milspec TB
Nisei UICP
AMS LICP
EPM O2 dump
BR TBE
FP Black
maybe a few other small things but that is about it

i see this is 29psi...can i assume this is on pump gas either 93 or 91 octane?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by scheides
a) stupid this wasn't posted in teh dyno section
b) extra silly for not including any other mod info, boost level, or tune info on either turbo setup
c) seriously, why would you buy a black for a car you plan on only running 24psi, pump gas? My BBK made 430whp on a dynojet pretty easily at 24psi, and has a lot more bottom-end. BBK or HTAGreen are a better choice for a setup like this.

a) This was my first post ever on this forum - so sorry for not knowing where to post.
b)
* Stock motor, stock cams, no porting of anything (head, exhaust, ...)
* 3" Agency Power exhaust - turbo back
* Meghan O2 housing
* Buschur 4" I/C + BR I/C Pipes + Forge BOV
* Tune by "Big Al" - DynoFlash
* Dyno - Pruven Performance
* Boost level 24PSI
c) How do you know what I plan on running or what my goals are? I have an Aquamist sitting in my garage (had it before I bought the Black) and will be posting high boost - alcohol - numbers shortly. I can post my runs with a Green (with and without alcohol) for comparison when I post the high boost Black runs.

* These numbers are 100% real. I have no reason to post BS. I am just an everyday guy with an evo hoping to help other evo owners by sharing my results. I wasn't able to find any data on the Black with a stock/close to stock evo without race gas or meth (93 pump gas w/ a low boost level), so I figured others would be interested. The next post will have the high boost results.

Turbooutlaw
Old Dec 16, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

E85 spiking at 29 and tapering to 27 at redline and a conservative tune (low reading mustang dyno), just waiting to build my block. I was previously on a ported IX turbo and on a dynojet that reads 15% higher, I was at 424/400 on E85, so to relate to the mustang dyno numbers, about 360/340. That was also at more boost, spiking at about 32 and tapering to 23-24. So to sum it up, on E85 I gained about 90whp and 50wtq with 3 fewer psi.

Last edited by BenJ; Dec 16, 2009 at 05:32 PM.

Quick Reply: FP Black on Pump vs. Stock IX Turbo