Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

MAP 2.4L + FP Green HTA + 93oct

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2011, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow...stock turbo spool, HTA green power. 400lb-ft and 475whp with 22psi on an unfinished tune??? Wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it here...
Old Mar 27, 2011, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YogSaahoth
Wow...stock turbo spool, HTA green power. 400lb-ft and 475whp with 22psi on an unfinished tune??? Wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it here...

The car may as well run like Mitsubishi made the Evos with this kind of power from the factory. I'm super impressed with this set up. It's one of the best quarter mile cars I've ever driven.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds like you need a TRE transmission
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

If you have a twin or a triple plate clutch, it sounds like some of the bolts are coming loose. I had the same thing happen to me. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me until it was too late. I had three pressure plate bolts back out on me.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

No one ever reads back... I found the issue. It was NOT transmission related. It was a dust cover on the driveshaft that came loose and was bouncing around. I fixed it.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GrnEVO
No one ever reads back... I found the issue. It was NOT transmission related. It was a dust cover on the driveshaft that came loose and was bouncing around. I fixed it.
I read the entire thread. I must have honestly overlooked it. I was just concerned that what happened to me could have happened to you. I wanted to prevent that. No need to get pissy about it.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

I didn't mean to get pissy. I've just had to explain it like 15 times already. My thread, this thread, the noise thread, the for sale thread, this thread and pm's about the noise from the for sale thread. I appreciate you chiming in with the info though. Now it's here so anyone else with the same type of sound could have something else to look at while trying to figure out the problem.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:04 AM

This must just have no lag at all, dam seems like a crazy fun setup.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Nice numbers. Just out of curiosity, why the 3" maf? Have one in my garage. tempting to put it on now.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bhood1
Nice numbers. Just out of curiosity, why the 3" maf? Have one in my garage. tempting to put it on now.
The 3" MAF with MAFt can be used as a blow through setup as well as allowing you to run a vta bov. Kinda like speed density. I don't personally recommend it. I would go SD or leave the stock MAF in the car and run a recirc bov. The MAF and MAFt can be really touchy if you don't get her dialed in just right.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:52 PM

She's gotta be a blast to drive. Congrats on the power your making off pum gas.

What kinda of mpg are you getting
Old Mar 27, 2011, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

I don't know exact MPG but I can say that I had to fill up 3 times on an 800 mile trip. So about 260 miles to the tank. That's highway too. Doing the math... about 20 miles to the gallon on the highway. Probably close to 18 city.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bhood1
if you want speed density just run it straight up.. through the stock ecu.. the drivability is as good as maf or better (depending on mods) and pretty easy to setup and can be done with just a 4-5bar map sensor.. can use the fuel temp for temp reading. pm me for more info. done about 10 cars on it so far remotely with great results.

id sell the maft setup to someone that needs it.. evo's dont need it.

his car came with maft already so there was no point in removing it.. since it would require a longer coupler and look rigged without swapping the entire upper pipe.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Sounds like you need a TRE transmission
thats what i thought also after hearing it.. sounded bad.. i told him to check the covers first.. he said he did .. was about to pull trans.. no idea what made him check again.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 03:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GrnEVO
you never posted that info in this thread.. there is nothing to read back at ha.

Quick Reply: MAP 2.4L + FP Green HTA + 93oct