Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

MAP 2.4L + FP Green HTA + 93oct

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car's being sold as we speak. The buyer is gonna have her tuned at Buschur in Ohio. Which is all fine well and good but I would really have liked to see Tom's final results on her.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by getsideways
You should schedule more time for your tunes so we can see 'finished' results.
It has nothing to do with my schedule. I spend unlimited time with customers cars until they are done right. He hasn't contacted or asked to see if it would take more timing yet.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 07:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GrnEVO
Car's being sold as we speak.
that is a big FAIL! why are you selling it?

Last edited by tscompusa2; Apr 2, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
It has nothing to do with my schedule. I spend unlimited time with customers cars until they are done right. He hasn't contacted or asked to see if it would take more timing yet.
I was just curious as to why many of your tunes claim to be unfinished , or if thats just a hot word for more mods being done to the cars , its more funny then anything, good results once again nonetheless.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:10 PM

nice powerband... can i copy your set up?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:31 PM
Former Sponsor

I was just curious as to why many of your tunes claim to be unfinished , or if thats just a hot word for more mods being done to the cars , its more funny then anything, good results once again nonetheless.
how many others? i only know of 1 or 2 others at the very most, and one is because the customer was switching exhaust manifolds.

long story short, this car only got tuned to its max potential at lower rpm areas/peak torque.. higher rpm i did not get a chance to see what timing it would max out at..

it may take 4-5* more.. it may take 1* more ? .. maybe it will take no degrees more? i didnt get a chance to find out!!!!! therefore its unfinished.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

This unfinished tune is due to me, not Tom. Tom is probably the most reliable tuner I have seen. At any given time that he was on messenger, I could hit him up and talk to him about the car or the tune. He offered to help me with mechanical all the way to tuning. At one point I had a brain fart and became computer illiterate and Tom was remotely accessed my computer to help me do what we needed to do. I never got back with Tom about the tune because I have been so busy lately. You might need some tough skin to work with Tom, haha. but he's the best damn guy out there for flash tuning. Smart as hell, knows his **** and he's straight forward and honest. That's my kind of business man.

that is a big FAIL! why are you selling it?
I'm selling it because I won't be able to afford the payments/maintenance/insurance when I get out of the Marine Corps. I'm probably gonna get another Evo early next year but I can't risk it right now.

nice powerband... can i copy your set up?
Sure can if you can afford the build, lol. I know there's no way I could have built this motor in the time I built everything else up. Kasey did a great job on this motor and I'm glad I didn't have to do it, lol.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Everything is based off of the customers time, not Toms. I have seen Tom on Messenger from like 2 or 3pm until like 5 - 6am, probably tuning customers cars the majority of that time. He also tunes multiple cars straight through messenger, not email like some of the others out there. That means no wait time.

That means, ...... TOM: "here's the tune, flash it and take a log." CUSTOMER: "OK." ..... datalog..... CUSTOMER: "Here's the log." ....a min. later.....TOM: "Ok looks like we can advance the timing in 3rd a little more." ..... a minute of two later...... TOM: "Here man, flash this and take another log."

Yeah it's that fast. No wait time, on the spot inspection of the log and on the spot adjusmtents to the flash then on the spot feedback from the new flash. Where can you find that anywhere else? If the tune is unfinished, it's because of the customer, not Tom.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnEVO
Everything is based off of the customers time, not Toms. I have seen Tom on Messenger from like 2 or 3pm until like 5 - 6am, probably tuning customers cars the majority of that time. He also tunes multiple cars straight through messenger, not email like some of the others out there. That means no wait time.

That means, ...... TOM: "here's the tune, flash it and take a log." CUSTOMER: "OK." ..... datalog..... CUSTOMER: "Here's the log." ....a min. later.....TOM: "Ok looks like we can advance the timing in 3rd a little more." ..... a minute of two later...... TOM: "Here man, flash this and take another log."

Yeah it's that fast. No wait time, on the spot inspection of the log and on the spot adjusmtents to the flash then on the spot feedback from the new flash. Where can you find that anywhere else? If the tune is unfinished, it's because of the customer, not Tom.
Your right flash tuning compared to realtime is a beotch , glad he has the time and gives the effort to continually reflash his customers until its right. Thats one of the major reasons i learned to do it myself you cant always rely on others .
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HEllo what is the compression ratio in that 2.4 engine ?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VGergo
HEllo what is the compression ratio in that 2.4 engine ?
That's gonna depend on quite a few things. What turbo you have, what pistons you have, what cams you have, etc. I think it's right around 10:1 - 10.5:1 though. Anyone else got an answer?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:36 AM
Evolved Member

Your static CR might be 10.5, however with large spec cams, the dynamic CR will be lower.